Sign in to follow this  
thebigdub

Bit of a catch 22 for us fans.

The way I see it is the board are going to stick by their man, with no change of management this season.

So we''re stuck with Hughton whatever! My personal worry is if we go down change will then come and were stuck in the championship scrapping to get back out, on the other hand we stay up will the board say job done, well done you have another season?

Will we then be stuck with depressing, defensive football? Dividing opinion and the fans? I for one hope not, I hope he keeps us up and leaves for pastures new with a thank you and a golden handshake. Only time will tell I suppose.

[quote user="thebigdub"]The way I see it is the board are going to stick by their man, with no change of management this season.

So we''re stuck with Hughton whatever! My personal worry is if we go down change will then come and were stuck in the championship scrapping to get back out, on the other hand we stay up will the board say job done, well done you have another season?

Will we then be stuck with depressing, defensive football? Dividing opinion and the fans? I for one hope not, I hope he keeps us up and leaves for pastures new with a thank you and a golden handshake. Only time will tell I suppose.[/quote]

If we stay up this season, I hope the board have the common sense to look at the bigger picture and realise that Hughton is not the man to take us forward. Unless, of course, something clicks and we suddenly start playing attractive football and picking up good results, I''d hope that there would be a discussion to the effect of ''thanks for your hard work and two seasons of Premier League consolidation, but we feel you''ve taken the team as far as you can and we need some fresh ideas''.

Why would McNally get rid of Hoots? He''s solid and keeps us near the top of our mini league and in the money of the Premier League. Based on that he''s guaranteed his lovely seven digit bonus again this financial year end.

Who gives a fig if a few fans are bored by the tactics?

If only that were trueThere are enough ''names'' in the Main Stand who are thoroughly cheesed off, as there ae rumblings amongst the odd board member - not just Bowkett and his belief that we should be improving year on year.Clinging on as we are is not what was imagined I can assure youThere has also to be the matter of his disasterous development of players whereby the likes of Fer and RVW look ''lost'', Bassong is shakey and Becchio has been forgotten as with HoolahanAfter years of hard work with the youths the idea of Hughton getting anywhere near them will send shudders down the spine of more than just passionate fans

[quote user="City1st"]If only that were true

There are enough ''names'' in the Main Stand who are thoroughly cheesed off, as there ae rumblings amongst the odd board member - not just Bowkett and his belief that we should be improving year on year.

Clinging on as we are is not what was imagined I can assure you

There has also to be the matter of his disasterous development of players whereby the likes of Fer and RVW look ''lost'', Bassong is shakey and Becchio has been forgotten as with Hoolahan

After years of hard work with the youths the idea of Hughton getting anywhere near them will send shudders down the spine of more than just passionate fans

[/quote]

I do wish you would stop talking sense City1st ,you know it upsets the natives![:D]

[quote user="Jonzey"]Why would McNally get rid of Hoots? He''s solid and keeps us near the top of our mini league and in the money of the Premier League. Based on that he''s guaranteed his lovely seven digit bonus again this financial year end.

Who gives a fig if a few fans are bored by the tactics?[/quote]

That was one of the most ignorant posts put on here since wiz vanished !!!

A few fans ?? Where do you live ? the moon ?

No wait ... a secure unit somewhere ?

...and this from someone who led an organisation so dysfunctional it can not even be named on this message board - you would have thought some would have learnt from their previous experiences that their opinions are not credible but clearly not