Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

To aid clarity

It would be a great help if those posters who don''t go to games could prefix all posts with IDGTGB [I Don''t Go To Games But]. This would thus indicate the worth of the opinion.

It would also help if those who do go to games but don''t know what they''re talking about prefix all posts with IDGTGBDKWITA.

Also those who''ve done a bit of scouting could prefix with IDABOS.

Then those who manage a Tuesday wash at Tacolnseton could prefix with IAMATWAT.

Those that don''t go to games, myself included nowadays usually watch a stream.

There are advantages and disadvantages of this form of spectating.

Obviously you get a more close up view of the game and have the advantage of replays and a commentary.

For example, last night''s penalty decision in favour of Bennett. I thought it was a penalty, the commentator did not. We had the benefit of different angles and it became clear that the decision was debateable and could have gone either way.

You miss the bigger picture though and often I have thought that Howson, for example, was having a quiet game to be contradicted by commentary and subsequent rave reviews on this forum.

Some views from the stands miss a lot of the pertinent moments and I''m not just referring to the people in front standing at just the wrong time. I once sat at the top end of the Barclay when Bellamy clawed back a draw for us against WBA. The only time I realised we had scored a goal at the other end was when the players arms went up and the huddle began. There were then the usual cries of ''who scored?'' from those around me.

You can argue day and night about the relative merits or de-merits of both viewing preferences or necessities but the fact remains that most football supporters see just ninety minutes of live football a fortnight yet most football supporters like to have opinions on all other teams, including the England team, all televised games and most of the players touted as possible signings.

Their opinions are largely based upon what they have seen on the small screen.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

It would also help if those who do go to games but don''t know what they''re talking about prefix all posts with IDGTGBDKWITA.

Also those who''ve done a bit of scouting could prefix with IDABOS.

Then those who manage a Tuesday wash at Tacolnseton could prefix with IAMATWAT.

[/quote]

Who da Boss?

[quote user="Simple Jack"]It would be a great help if those posters who don''t go to games could prefix all posts with IDGTGB [I Don''t Go To Games But]. This would thus indicate the worth of the opinion.[/quote]the posters name is usually a good indicationassuming you can keep up with the various names they use/change into

[quote user="Simple Jack"]It would be a great help if those posters who don''t go to games could prefix all posts with IDGTGB [I Don''t Go To Games But]. This would thus indicate the worth of the opinion.[/quote]

Perhaps you could aid clarity by adding to your posts IAAWP.Work it out.

I stupidly thought this message board was for all ncfc fans to discuss and debate everything we wanted about norwich and other things.I didn''t realise if you didn;t get to matches you were now labelled and didn''t have an opinion!I suppose the OP is entitled to his opinion, not that anyone will take it up!

[quote user="Simple Jack"]It would be a great help if those posters who don''t go to games could prefix all posts with IDGTGB [I Don''t Go To Games But]. This would thus indicate the worth of the opinion.[/quote]

I think it would be helpful if you could put the code IMATROLLTWAT that would be awfully helpful , for people deciding if they wish to bite or not thanks.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Simple Jack"]It would be a great help if those posters who don''t go to games could prefix all posts with IDGTGB [I Don''t Go To Games But]. This would thus indicate the worth of the opinion.[/quote]the posters name is usually a good indicationassuming you can keep up with the various names they use/change into

[/quote]The name prefix "Simple" gives a strong hint.

You are such a CUNextTuesday!!