Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Some people need to take a break.....

From going to matches.

Sitting there last night, and yes in the first half our hero''s let us down, I actually started to feel uncomfortable. A small minority of supporters continually moan about players doing silly things then shout abuse at Hoots. It''s getting so that there is now a huge divide between one supporter and another and it''s getting uncomfortable. I thought about leaving not because of the football but because of the incessant abuse towards the manager when I saw a lot of very rich footballers falling short when doing the simple things properly, their fault not Hoots.

Yes, it is a minority at matches doing this but I find it incredible that these morons do not understand the negative effect it is having on our team. Booing at half time is the worst type of support imaginable. At the end there was less but still not warranted as Hoots half time team talk did the trick.

The boos and vitriol towards Hoots was from a minority in the ground but a few can make one hell of a noise. Around me I think around 10% were guilty .

Our league position is fine.

A point from Newcastle is fine.

We are a nailed on bottom six club yet are above this.

What do people expect? In the PL this is as good as it gets for us. We do not have the money to compete and never will. We are dept and should remain so.

I am 50 next month. Have been going to games since I was 6. This is the first time ever I have not enjoyed going to a match because of other supports.

There are a noisy minority who seem to think we have a team of premier league players underperforming. In fact we have a championship team over performing . It is not going to get any better.

I am at the stage now where I think a year in the championship would be more fun. If we go down I would not shed a tear as the PL is so divided between those that have and do not that being a bottom 10 club is no fun whatsoever. Just take a look at the forums of others teams in and around us. No one is happy.

This is not about Hoots, he is doing what he is being asked to do.

I see that this is only tour 49th post, KTF, so I take it you are a fairly recent recruit to this forum?I''m afraid that we''ve had literally dozens of posts like that over the last year. With pretty much every one, its not really come to any conclusions. Not changed anyone''s views. There are people who think along the same lines as you. Others who are vehemently different. And some in between who see a bit of both. But usually they end in bitterness and recriminations.This is not meant to be patronising, but please do not be surprised if your contribution does go down the same path !

A few goals would be nice. Some open and entertaining games. Unfortunately, our best shot of survival for now until we have the quality is this closed boring anti football where our strikers will continue to live off scraps and any move we try will break down 3 passes in or at best, when we''re fouled so we can try and score a set piece.

I thought the booing of the team at halftime was understandable. I didn''t boo, but It''s been a long time since there was a half as bad as that, and can understand why people were unhappy.I was disgusted when people angrily booed the substitution of Hooper for Tettey. As Ricardo said in his match report, this sub was an absolute no brainer, and just goes to show that many people in the crowd either;a) don''t know football, orb) just boo anything Hughton does.

Of course there are the happy clappys who have known nothing but success - and they will boo as their expectation level isn''t being met, but it doesn''t help either to have this " ever so umble mentality'' of ''We are a nailed on bottom six club''  the frustration is not at our position as you try to spin it but Hughton''s inept tactics that are forcing our players into a straightjacket of failuredon''t close down and nark tightdon''t move when we have the balldefend by packing the 18 yd box, not getting into their facesattack in one''s and two''s

ps what is " We are dept and should remain so.

"

As much as I would agree with the sentiment, there are always going to be fans at a football club that take a negative view about things.  Its easier to be negative than it is to be positive, especially when things are getting tough.  Hurling abuse is easy too, especially when you''re in a crowd.  The only positive thing that can happen in this kind of environment where there is such a mixture of emotions, is that the players react to it positively. They have to be thick skinned, dig deep and use it to their advantage.  They more than anyone know how difficult it is - and at the moment they look to be responding well.   A second half improvement yesterday and coming away with a point, as well as the Hull result.  It may be a bit volatile and uncomfortable with fans, but if the players can ride the storm, keep focused, they''ll be alright. There are two aspects to get right - results and style.   To me you have to get the results first, then worry about the style.  That could be what we have to do for the rest of the season, then recoup during the summer.   I just hope the majority of fans can realise this is just common sense.But I agree, shouting abuse at the manager achieves absolutely nothing. 

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]From going to matches.

Sitting there last night, and yes in the first half our hero''s let us down, I actually started to feel uncomfortable. A small minority of supporters continually moan about players doing silly things then shout abuse at Hoots. It''s getting so that there is now a huge divide between one supporter and another and it''s getting uncomfortable. I thought about leaving not because of the football but because of the incessant abuse towards the manager when I saw a lot of very rich footballers falling short when doing the simple things properly, their fault not Hoots.

Yes, it is a minority at matches doing this but I find it incredible that these morons do not understand the negative effect it is having on our team. Booing at half time is the worst type of support imaginable. At the end there was less but still not warranted as Hoots half time team talk did the trick.

The boos and vitriol towards Hoots was from a minority in the ground but a few can make one hell of a noise. Around me I think around 10% were guilty .

Our league position is fine.

A point from Newcastle is fine.

We are a nailed on bottom six club yet are above this.

What do people expect? In the PL this is as good as it gets for us. We do not have the money to compete and never will. We are dept and should remain so.

I am 50 next month. Have been going to games since I was 6. This is the first time ever I have not enjoyed going to a match because of other supports.

There are a noisy minority who seem to think we have a team of premier league players underperforming. In fact we have a championship team over performing . It is not going to get any better.

I am at the stage now where I think a year in the championship would be more fun. If we go down I would not shed a tear as the PL is so divided between those that have and do not that being a bottom 10 club is no fun whatsoever. Just take a look at the forums of others teams in and around us. No one is happy.

This is not about Hoots, he is doing what he is being asked to do.[/quote]No. We are nearly at the end of our sixth transfer window in the Premier League, having racked up the ninth-largest net spend in Europe in the summer. It is nonsense to think our squad (which somehow finished 11th last season) is still at only Championship level. Whatever one thinks of Hughton that is the feeblest excuse yet. And is a very long way away from being a "fact".

[quote user="City1st"]Of course there are the happy clappys who have known nothing but success - and they will boo as their expectation level isn''t being met, but it doesn''t help either to have this " ever so umble mentality'' of ''We are a nailed on bottom six club'' 

the frustration is not at our position as you try to spin it but Hughton''s inept tactics that are forcing our players into a straightjacket of failure

don''t close down and nark tight

don''t move when we have the ball

defend by packing the 18 yd box, not getting into their faces

attack in one''s and two''s

ps what is " We are dept and should remain so. "

[/quote]

I don''t know but while we''re at it what does " nark tight " mean?

[quote user="City1st"]Of course there are the happy clappys who have known nothing but success - and they will boo as their expectation level isn''t being met, but it doesn''t help either to have this " ever so umble mentality'' of ''We are a nailed on bottom six club''  the frustration is not at our position as you try to spin it but Hughton''s inept tactics that are forcing our players into a straightjacket of failuredon''t close down and nark tightdon''t move when we have the balldefend by packing the 18 yd box, not getting into their facesattack in one''s and two''s

ps what is " We are dept and should remain so.

"

[/quote]At a guess, given the context, it should have read: "We are debt-free and should remain so."

mark tight, only spelt differentso with that knowledge you should be able to tell us all what "We are dept and should remain so"  means

"Sitting there last night, and yes in the first half our hero''s let us down"

You mean ''heroes''.

But how dare you cheapen and abuse that word, frigging heroes?

[quote user="City1st"]mark tight, only spelt different

so with that knowledge you should be able to tell us all what "We are dept and should remain so"  means

[/quote]

It''s what all the kids in da hood are saying now, we are dept, init.

Get with it daddio!

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Sitting there last night, and yes in the first half our hero''s let us down" You mean ''heroes''. But how dare you cheapen and abuse that word, frigging heroes?[/quote]

What thie translates too “Pampered little princesses who don’t give a tuppence for which shirt or set of fans they are playing for” Never heroes.”

It''s got to the stage where even the club captain is talking about how ironic cheers are "not helping anyone". All this "I''ve paid my money I have a right to express my opinions" is totally bogus. If you''re at the cinema and you''re not enjoying the film you leave, you don''t start making other people feel uncomfortable with loud complaints. The same with our obnoxious 10%. If it really is a "shower of shit" to you and you''re not entertained then simply leave, don''t spoil other people''s enjoyment with your negativity. I for one am loving life in the Premier League and have no interest in the kind of glorious relegation that our moronic 10% seem to want.

[quote user="lake district canary"].....There are two aspects to get right - results and style.   To me you have to get the results first, then worry about the style.  That could be what we have to do for the rest of the season, then recoup during the summer.   I just hope the majority of fans can realise this is just common sense........

[/quote]Fine sentiments indeed LDC..........or they would be if what you''re saying isn''t almost word-for-word exactly what you and others were saying this time last year.In my book we''ve made almost no real progress whatsoever in the last 12 months, so, should we survive this time, will you and the others still be saying the same thing this time next year?

Well said ''Keep The Faith'', agree totally with your comments as I have said before on this forum. I''ll ask the booers what they hope to gain from their actions ? Do they hope to see an improvement from the players ? If they do they''re barking up the wrong tree. The only reason they will have seen an improvement second half yesterday will not have been as a result of their actions but more likely due to the plyers and in particular CH saying in the dressing let shut these b******s up !! As for City 1st''s as usual ''dumb'' comments, they just don''t warrant response and I repeat what I''ve said before ''you don''t know what you''re talking about'':-

the frustration is not at our position as you try to spin it but Hughton''s inept tactics that are forcing our players into a straightjacket of failure

don''t close down and nark tight

don''t move when we have the ball

defend by packing the 18 yd box, not getting into their faces

attack in one''s and two''s

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"].....There are two aspects to get right - results and style.   To me you have to get the results first, then worry about the style.  That could be what we have to do for the rest of the season, then recoup during the summer.   I just hope the majority of fans can realise this is just common sense........[/quote]Fine sentiments indeed LDC..........or they would be if what you''re saying isn''t almost word-for-word exactly what you and others were saying this time last year.In my book we''ve made almost no real progress whatsoever in the last 12 months, so, should we survive this time, will you and the others still be saying the same thing this time next year?[/quote]Touche''  [:)]You are quite right.  It is taking its time to develop, but this season has been a reality check for a lot of us.  Some see it as a dire situation, some still see it as a work in progress.  Injuries and other teams development are something that perhaps have affected us, plus the close nature of the lower half of the table.  This time next year? We should be seeing bigger improvements, if not it will be me that is complaining too.  I don''t think even the most hardened of fan can put up with a third year of such struggle to perform consistently.  It has to come right next season or CH will have to go. 

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]It''s got to the stage where even the club captain is talking about how ironic cheers are "not helping anyone". All this "I''ve paid my money I have a right to express my opinions" is totally bogus. If you''re at the cinema and you''re not enjoying the film you leave, you don''t start making other people feel uncomfortable with loud complaints. The same with our obnoxious 10%. If it really is a "shower of shit" to you and you''re not entertained then simply leave, don''t spoil other people''s enjoyment with your negativity. I for one am loving life in the Premier League and have no interest in the kind of glorious relegation that our moronic 10% seem to want.[/quote]

Enjoyment! I must be missing something from where I sit at Carrow Road.

>Enjoyment! I must be missing something from where I sit at Carrow Road.

Fine, so don''t come and let someone else take your seat. Find something to do with your time that you do enjoy.

Cinema and a football match? how can you even compare the two? And entertainment last night? If you were a Newcastle fan,but sadly not if you were of the yellow persuanion.If you really are entertained watching that dire performance week in week out and loving it!.... well some folks are easily pleased I guess!

As someone has said, if you go to the cinema and don''t like the film, you leave. If you don''t like the football, leave.Football is about results, not entertainment. It might not be pretty, but we are in 12th position, having got better results, and more points that half the premiership. Therefore whichever way you look at Hughton, whether you like him, or his style of play, he is keeping us in the Premiership. He is delivering his remit, and fulfilling his contract. If people think this is a dire season, despite being in 12th, god we''d be in the top 4 according to some, if  we started playing well!AT an earlier stage in the season we were in the bottom three. Now we''re in 12th. Whether you like it or not Hughton is grinding out results, which has led us to 12th. Yes it''s not pretty, yes there have been plenty of games, or halves, when we just don''t come out of the starting traps (& lets not not try and justify players salaries, if only they were performance based!) and we struggle, but the performance improved, even Snoddy got stick and improved after the break, and we got a point. A point where we were pummelled into submission, but even nearly snatched all three poits at the death.Yes it''s a home game and some seem to think we should be winning every home game, but Newcastle are a decent team, we ground out a draw,and that''s football.

For "grinding out results" read "being incredibly spawny" in certain games.

Against West Brom, Newcastle, West Ham we were just very, very lucky and on another day would have lost all 3 games by comfortable margins. These games were not grinding out results by keeping it tight and playing in a disciplined manner.

Palace x2, Hull and Sunderland I will give you, we did grind those ones out!

[quote user="Ted Macdougals afro"]

Well said ''Keep The Faith'', agree totally with your comments as I have said before on this forum. I''ll ask the booers what they hope to gain from their actions ? Do they hope to see an improvement from the players ? If they do they''re barking up the wrong tree. The only reason they will have seen an improvement second half yesterday will not have been as a result of their actions but more likely due to the plyers and in particular CH saying in the dressing let shut these b******s up !! As for City 1st''s as usual ''dumb'' comments, they just don''t warrant response and I repeat what I''ve said before ''you don''t know what you''re talking about'':-

the frustration is not at our position as you try to spin it but Hughton''s inept tactics that are forcing our players into a straightjacket of failuredon''t close down and nark tightdon''t move when we have the balldefend by packing the 18 yd box, not getting into their facesattack in one''s and two''s

[/quote]dearie, dear medo you actually watch the same games as the rest of us ?was the ''commentator'' on the Sunderland away game making dumb comments ?national press reports ....... dumb comments /do the blokes I grew up with and are still working in semi pro football all making dumb comments ?Nothe only one bleating out dumn comments is you with your idiotic squeaks about "and in particular CH saying in the dressing let shut these b******s up !!"Are you really saying that after 10 days with the players, much of it at a supposed bonding session, the dire first half was down to the booing rather than his coaching methodsthat it takes a bit of booing to fire the players up ?jeezyou need a grown up to explain what is happening on the pitch ............. and most likely in life as well come to that