Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Snodgate

City1st wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 1:25 AM:

"maybe his dip in form has to do with the instructions from the manager ... as with Bassong, the newbies who aren''t delivering as expected and a midfield that has been told not to mark or leave ''their positions'' when we have the ball

or maybe it isn''t the coaching or tactics but that the players are failing together

now what would you think .... ? "

Taking straw clutching to another level. Do you also think Hughton instructed the players to pass to empty space last night as well? That was our biggest shortcoming and several promising moves broke down due to poor passing all through the team*. I''m sure that that was not part of his tactics!

* - Except for Ryan Bennett.

From what I saw, and I wasn''t too far away, this has all been blown up out of all proportion, mainly because the game itself was so dismal . There were a few verbals from the crowd, and Snods reacted , and gave a few back. Then some of the more neanderthal members of the Snakepit got all uppity about it. Probably not Snod''s finest hour, but some of these Snakepit members just want to grow up a bit.There were some reports that Snods did some spitting, but I never saw anything of that nature.All this said, the quality of most of Snods'' deliveries was atrocious, even by his recent woeful standards.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]So exactly why did Snodgrass apologise?  He shouldnt have as some of them are clearly a bunch of idiots who think they are something special because they sit in that part of the ground, why is that? do they also have tattoo''s and driver Harley''s or something? Get behind your team and encourage them like the majority of the rest of the fans, rather than create a poor atmosphere and picking on one of our better player''s.............  [/quote]

DM, what you have to understand is that fans sitting in that part of the ground as i do acted in unison to the player eyeballing a fan in the stand and giving him verbal. Snodgrass created the situation and what you saw last night was a reaction that has been building up from the start of the season. Comments about the type of fans who sit in the Snakepit are so wide of the mark, this was a mass protest directed at one player for the way he was treating a fan.

It was also his second corner of the game on that side, his first had he same trajectory and as he ran back in position he looked towards Hughton and motioned with his hand what he was trying to do.

He didn''t learn from his error and the second corner brought about the reaction.

Respect to the guy, he came over and apologised and the fans clapped and chanted his name. Its over, let it go. Football is a game of passion

H

H

Completely agree Reggie.

It was a few rows down in front of me, the snake pit reacted to the poor corner but the "argument" was between snoddy and a couple of guys in the city stand.

Obviously couldn''t see what they said but snoddy did react and give some back.

Fair play to him for coming straight over after the game to apologise.

That should be the end of it now, emotions run high not just for the fans but also for the players, the spent 45 mins chasing shadows and that''s hard to take.

Discraceful treatment on one of our own, maybe the loonies and braindead in that stand want to force him into Celtic''s hands.

Top marks for Hughton standing by him today.

[quote user="morty"]Some of our fans need to stop behaving like teenage girls and get a grip.

Unless, of course, they are teenage girls, then thats fine.[/quote]

I agree Morty,

Why is it that some fans are happy to give dogs abuse to a player and then behave like a shocked maiden aunt when they get a bit back?

Maybe they should be supplied with smelling salts in case they faint the next time someone gives them a bit of their own medicine.

At least Snoddy is a man>

From my seat I saw the incident and to be honest I agree with Snodders reaction, he had a poor night with corners to that point and typical few of the snake pit gave him some stick, they didn''t like it back, I actually applauded Snodders for giving some back.

Numpties and it just makes the atmosphere terrible, does nothing for the game and frustrates the players.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]It does get my back up when a player can''t take a simple corner. In my playing days (at a much lower level !) we had a 6''5'''' center half and for corners I could always cross the ball so he would meet it perfectly. If I could do it at my level, why can''t professionals do it ? [/quote]I''ll tell you why, because you were being watched by 1 man whose dog had gone missing, and he is being watched by 27,000 people playing in the most widely broadcast league in the world (and having a supposed hardcore section of our support berating him too) - I''ve been disappointed with some of Snodgrass'' stuff this season but perhaps we should get back to supporting our players?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="swindoncanary"]It does get my back up when a player can''t take a simple corner. In my playing days (at a much lower level !) we had a 6''5'''' center half and for corners I could always cross the ball so he would meet it perfectly. If I could do it at my level, why can''t professionals do it ? [/quote]I''ll tell you why, because you were being watched by 1 man whose dog had gone missing, and he is being watched by 27,000 people playing in the most widely broadcast league in the world (and having a supposed hardcore section of our support berating him too) - I''ve been disappointed with some of Snodgrass'' stuff this season but perhaps we should get back to supporting our players?[/quote]

In other words he can''t cope with the pressure and expectation?

Another Championship player found out?

H

Indy wrote the following post at 22/01/2014 2:56 PM:

Didn''t they sell Wanyama for £12 million, he''s the same age as

Snodders so given his perfromances are solid but not spectacular, to

Norwich he has to be worth £12 million too!

I would not be suprised if Celtic want him then surely they will

match our asking price and it would be down to Snodders to decide.

He''s a valuable memebr of the team and anything less than £10 million would be a poor deal in my view.

That said we do have a good little player in Redmond who would be

more than capable of slotting into the right wing and money to spend so

not a disaster if he does go! But I can''t see this happening.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 22/01/2014 3:19 PM:

You''d snap their hands off for 4.5m? How on earth would we replace Snoddy with that sort of money? Who would you buy?

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 22/01/2014 3:23 PM:

Wouldnt want to lose him, but the draw of Celtic will be huge for a

Scot living in Glasgow obviously......so, anywhere between 9 and 12

million I''d say
....but I bet he will go for less than 6!

skippdogg wrote the following post at 22/01/2014 7:32 PM:

worth a lot more than 4.5m our best player by far

It never fails to amaze me what some posters on here value some of our players at.Me? Yes, I''d snap their hands off for £4.5M.As far as replacing him, if we could not get a quality replacement I would be happy with any from Gutierrez, Redmond or Murphy with the hope of Bennett returning soon.

Nobody who witnessed Snodders'' display last night (or, frankly) a very large number of those in the whole season) would value him at anything like 4.5 m., YW. Do we have any evidence that Celtic have indeed offered that sort of sum for him ?No, I do not think that we''d get a lot for him right now, so we may as well persevere for a while and see what happens. He was pretty good overall last season, so he''s already proved he can be a matchwinner for us.Agree that he should be rested for a while now, as he really is not contributing enough for my money. Just wonder what would''ve happened if Krul had not saved his header. Sometimes players'' performaces can just hinge on incidents like that.

He''s woeful at dead balls. I am livid with the amount of corners he takes that don''t even get past the first man!!!!! Which is usually an opposition defender, so they break and all of a sudden from a corner at their end were then back peddling to our own goal. He is 5hit END OF! League 1 leeds reject!

Have to admit Snodgrass was not great last night. But the abuse form the "children" in the "playpit" was bang out of order. The players need to be encouraged not be to sworn and gestured at.

OTBC

new baby in the house that explained my dip in form the last one nearly killed me with sleepless nights

No surprise that todays pictures show some City ''supporters'' absolutely revelling in their 5 minutes of fame with one of our own, getting a reaction from Snods was all they were after to satisfy their own egos. Quite clear those idiots were giving him grief for their own sad pleasure so nothing to do with that ''I''ve paid my money'' nonsense, and to be honest i suspected nothing less i''m afraid

Snakepit can give all the abuse they like, they''re first class morons - they''re supposed to be the vocal part of the ground but i''ve barely heard them this season, they can''t even do that right.

It seems the brain-dead in the snakepit are getting confused and because of the anti-Hughton views (which I concur with, we have too many poor performances under him) - they''re letting their frustration at the management out on the players.

Support the team for the 90 minutes, certainly dont single out players for abuse. That''s for the opposition fans to do. Not you stone-island jacket wearing bald planks.

I agree with supporters getting frustrated with snoddy''s crossing. This year it''s been terrible , the amount of times he can''t beat the first man on a corner has been embarrassing for the money he gets paid.

The people who did moan should except a F off back , as I would prob do the same if I knew I was performing bad myself

[quote user="Wateryland"]Have to admit Snodgrass was not great last night. But the abuse form the "children" in the "playpit" was bang out of order. The players need to be encouraged not be to sworn and gestured at.

OTBC[/quote]

Unlike managers on the touchline!

H

Frustration boiling over amongst the fans and the players. Bound to end up in a reaction from time to time, not a big deal!

I seem to remember that the last time a player got wrong with the crowd was when Andy Hughes did not take some verbal too well and that was at a time when the Club started to come apart at the seams. The fans were divided,the results were not good and the manager was becoming isolated. The omens are not good.

Whilst I don''t condone the actions of the knobends in the playpit I think there is a lot of frustration builing up amongst the longer term supporters What is riling many is that we have quality players but they are being hamstrung by inept managing and coaching. If Snodgrass is failing to get a good corner in then why is he still taking them. Why is Hughton stood on the edge of his box if he is not running things.It is these constant failings that are angering people

Snoddy was fine when he took a corner in front of the blankets second half. He got a great reception which he appreciated and he tried to lift the crowd even further.

Perhaps we''re right to kick towards these supporters second half[:O]

There was a big round of applause, interesting contrast to the opposite corner.