Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Sunderland....

6 of the bottom 7 have changed their manager. Those that stay up will think they did the right thing.Those that go down may think differently.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Depends on the manner of the defeat I''d imagine.

I remember the lads getting a standing ovation after losing 6-1 to City, because they gave their all, had a go and were in the game for 70 minutes, before ultimately running out of legs.

A repeat of the spineless 7-0 no show at the Etihad and it''s probably going to get unpleasant.[/quote]

Ha! I remember that game. And I also remember last season when we played even better and gave our all in a 3-4 defeat. Is there any particular reason why the 1-6 defeat is more memorable?

[quote user="Surfer"]Right - Tottenham currently down 1-3 at home of course... [/quote]Basing your analysis on one result against the best side in the division?  How dumb.[quote user="Surfer"] and changing manager has helped Cardiff, Fulham, West Brom (or even Stoke or Man United?)

Change managers isn''t always a positive change.[/quote] Man United''s manager retired.  Stoke decided they had enough of Pulis''s tedious football after donkeys years, I think we can all understand their position.In the case of Mackay, he was doing nothing wrong in the first place.  They have gained only 1 point since sacking him.Agreed there are no guarantees, of course their are none.

" I don''t answer stupid questions "

Ah, I see. Well there you go. End of discussion I guess.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"][quote user="Surfer"]Right - Tottenham currently down 1-3 at home of course... and changing manager has helped Cardiff, Fulham, West Brom (or even Stoke or Man United?)

Change managers isn''t always a positive change.[/quote]

But equally it isn''t always a negative as some would suggest.[/quote]

Sacking a manager isn''t the problem. It''s easy. The problems come from replacing him. As has been pointed out "anyone would be better than Worthy" didn''t really work out that way. In fact the next three were worse. Of the current bottom half only West Ham, Stoke, Hull, Norwich and Swansea have kept faith with the manager who started the season. Perhaps the relegated clubs will be three from them?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And I also remember last season when we played even better and gave our all in a 3-4 defeat. Is there any particular reason why the 1-6 defeat is more memorable?[/quote]You always have a chance against 10 men, as happened when we lost to 10 in the 3-4 defeat.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]And I also remember last season when we played even better and gave our all in a 3-4 defeat. Is there any particular reason why the 1-6 defeat is more memorable?[/quote]You always have a chance against 10 men, as happened when we lost to 10 in the 3-4 defeat.[/quote]

So you didn''t think that was a spirited performance and you didn''t applaud them off the field.

This sort of post sums you up Foggy. I remember that game and they lost that little tw@ Nasri but still had Yaya, Barry, Silva, Aguero and Dzeko. We also had to bring on Harry Kane before half-time which probably evened up the numbers....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So you didn''t think that was a spirited performance and you didn''t applaud them off the field.

This sort of post sums you up Foggy. I remember that game and they lost that little tw@ Nasri but still had Yaya, Barry, Silva, Aguero and Dzeko. We also had to bring on Harry Kane before half-time which probably evened up the numbers....

[/quote]

It was an excellent performance... But it was still against 10 men. And we were forced to attack after pretty much handing them the game in the first 5 minutes.

I think we were quite spirited yesterday after the double sending off, with Newcastle losing their best player, and us a liability (on the day).

Just a shame Hughton failed to spot how appalling BJ was playing and not sub him off earlier.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Is there any particular reason why the 1-6 defeat is more memorable?

[/quote]

Well yes, in the context of my post. I was attempting to answer the question about whether we''d be so accomodating to the manager if we lost 5-1 in a couple of weeks. The answer was yes, if it was a performance like the one from a couple of years ago, and no if it was a repeat of this seasons capitulation at The Etihad.

A narrow 3-4 defeat against 10 men isn''t really relevant.