Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

Is RVW our worst ever signing

OP is tw@t, moaning and groaning...you don''t become a bad player overnight. I saw him playing for Sporting etc... He was absolute class. How about the midfield not supplying our strikers ???

We haven''t got a lot of creativity in that department do we...

People need to lay off him and give him the support he needs. Otherwise he could end up like Forlan at United, hounded out despite looking decent and then going on to become prolific elsewhere. Let''s all hope he can do that in a City shirt.

Can someone answer why we are such terrible supporters ? It is an embarrassment, at each home game we always get out song by the away fans. Crowd support is really key irrespective of what you feel about the management team or players. WE NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB AT IT ASAP. A thread should be created to address this issue, as supporters it is our duty to help !!!!!!!

For those that go to the game you need to take a good look at yourself and ask yourself if you do a good job supporting the team, and I dont mean turning up at the game. Your voice needs to be heard at the games.

Very good point Kirku, we dont want to be thinking in 2 years time '' he was good wasnt he, why didnt we support him, he''s banging them in now for athletico/ lazio/lille''. we''re ok at the moment even with a misfiring attack, we''ll be flying when it clicks for them, the return of Tettey is crucial to giving Fer a more forward role...and therefore better service for our striker/s.

This thread epitomises how clueless many fans are!

Yes it hasn''t happened for RVW this season but that doesn''t mean hes a bad player!

For a start how many chances has he had. Some of the greatest strikers in the world would struggle to get many goals with the p*ss poor service Norwich provides their strikers!

I can think of at least 4 occasions when RVW has been denied by outstanding goalkeeping. Hull away their keeper made a brilliant stop from a RVW header. Everton at home I remember a brilliant RVW effort. Aston Villa at home Guzon saved very well from RVW. The last one I remember was the Fulham at home where Stockdale made a superb save from a RVW header!

The injury and subsequent lay off didn''t help the same as Hoopers injury a week before the season start effected him. Both injuries meant that RVW and Hooper haven''t been able to develop their partnership as much as it would of sdone otherwise but we''re now seeing signs of it starting to gel!

This stop start season has effected RVW''s confidence combined with moving to a foriegn Country and New League means that trhings haven''t worked out yet and also hes having one of them seasons when he needs a ball to bounce of him Jackon style against Derby and go in order to get him going!

End of the day Hooper and RVW are our best two strikers, its been proved lately we''re better with two upfront so we''ve got to persevere with them for the rest of this season at least!

Look back at previous strikers and see how well they did for their first games with us. Iwan had a howler. Holt was forever praised even when he didn''t score goals because he brought so much more to the game. Why is it that people on here have double standards? Ah yes it''s the Pink Un ...

No - I don''t be could be, there have been some right dross.

I don''t know how anyone can judge RVW yet. It''s been hard to judge our strikers over the last two seasons.

I think someone should start a new thread comparing Iwan''s first season and Ricky''s ....in fact RVW has had to adapt more to the English game. I''m quite sure that he will come good, hopefully this season. His movement is great to see but sometimes our slow approach play just doesn''t work in his favour. He is an intelligent player. I hate seeing this kind of header...perhaps someone will start one sometimes soon that heralds our record signing. A couple of goals against the Toon should do it

No - I don''t think he could be, there have been some right dross.

I don''t know how anyone can judge RVW yet. It''s been hard to judge our strikers over the last two seasons

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Seriously. Lol.

Becchio did nothing.

Wolfswinkle clearly is quality. I simply cannot believe anyone who understands and watches football can think otherwise.[/quote]

Oh I see Ginge. So those of us that are more than twice your age and have been going to Carrow Rd before you were a twinkle in your fathers eye (polite version), know nothing about football but you, with your two seasons in the school U16''s, know everything.

Not big on yourself are you?

Let me know when you''re managing City won''t you, we''ll still be going when you''ve taken us to the Toys R Us Eastern League ...... Division 3.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Very good point Kirku, we dont want to be thinking in 2 years time '' he was good wasnt he, why didnt we support him, he''s banging them in now for athletico/ lazio/lille''. we''re ok at the moment even with a misfiring attack, we''ll be flying when it clicks for them, the return of Tettey is crucial to giving Fer a more forward role...and therefore better service for our striker/s.[/quote]

Very true, and having Jonny H back would be good (never thought I''d near myself saying that).

Carl Robinson was our worst ever signing.. Absolute plop!

I have to say in 23 years of watching City he is the worst player I have ever seen... and I saw Keith Scott!

Seen worse than Carl Robinson in recent enough times. Mark Fotheringham, for example.

[quote user="GJP"]Seen worse than Carl Robinson in recent enough times. Mark Fotheringham, for example.[/quote]

he was in the same side.

we used to start games with a midfield 4 of Croft, Fozzy, Robinson and Fattison.....

the opposition used to quake in their boots....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="GJP"]Seen worse than Carl Robinson in recent enough times. Mark Fotheringham, for example.[/quote]

he was in the same side.

we used to start games with a midfield 4 of Croft, Fozzy, Robinson and Fattison.....

[/quote]

Pretty sure Fotheringham joined when Robinson left.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he was in the same side.

[/quote]

Pretty sure Fotheringham joined when Robinson left.

[/quote]

you may well be right.... Someone will know!

Perhaps signing RvW was a poor decision, so a bad signing in that respect. Not that he is a bad player, but perhaps the wrong player. He doesnt seem to fit in well with the way Hughton wants to play. I also wonder what the grand plan is in spending 5m and 9m on Hooper and RvW - are they supposed to play together or is one supposed to be warming the bench. Theyre not the same type of player at all.

It would seem to me that when you are looking to sign a new striker and smash your transfer record, you do one of two things. Have a set way you expect the team to play, and then select the most appropriate player for that system. Or you splurge like you''ve never splurged before when the opportunity to bring in a top talent comes your way, and build the team around him - ie ply to his strengths.

I cant understand why Hughton would buy a player that doesnt seem suited to the system (so in that respect, yes he might be a bad signing - ie good player but wrong one for our style of play), or why he wouldnt, having decided RvW was a talent worth breaking the record for, set the team up to play in the same way which brought him the goals (same goes for Hooper).

I dont say bad student - I say ''bad principal''!     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcuS0c9ZnMc

I''d be inclined to save judgement until either the end of the season, or the end of his Norwich career, which is a better position to provide comment.

Other than him adjusting to the Premier league, and being out injured injured for most of it, the likes of Thierry Henry & Van persie spring to mind.

Both were relatively poor in the first season they joined Arsenal, and I''d love to find someone at the end of their Arsenal careers who still thought they were flops!

Reading this thread makes me think of Jim Blair.

Not that he cost a lot of money.

Not that he was the worst player ever to wear a city shirt ( perhaps ).

But because of the disappointment: we thought Ron Saunders had gone back to Scotland an unearthed another Jimmy Bone.

And that''s not what we got !!!

To clarify again, I''m not suggesting Wolf is the worst player City have signed. He''s hardly pulled up trees but he''s not in the same class as the original Wolf, Ulf (Otterson), Drazen Muznic, De Waard and the rest of Hamilton''s clown, Jason Jarrett etc,

No, my assertion is that he represents the worst value for money ever. £8 million per goal. £2 million per attempt on targets. Zero assists that I can recall. Yes, yes he had his twisted sock, poor lamb, but he''s also had plenty of game time to show us what he can do. We''re still waiting - perhaps that''s it.

I accept he has not yet delivered in terms of goals but he is starting to look the part after his injury. To say he is our worst signing is madness anyone who has supported the club for quite a few years will remember at least 50 worst ones albeit his price tag puts him under the microscope

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Thierry Henri, Robin van Persie, Ricky van Wolfswinkel ... Can you spot the odd one out?[/quote]

Is it Henri ''cos his middle name isn''t ''van''?

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Thierry Henri, Robin van Persie, Ricky van Wolfswinkel ...

Can you spot the odd one out?[/quote]There''s no "A" in Thierry Henri.........I win. [:D]

Thierry Henri, Robin van Persie, Ricky van Wolfswinkel ... Can you spot the odd one out?                  

Yes,

The first two walked into an Arsenal side full of talented internationals playing fast freeflowing football!

The third one walked into Norwich.

"Thierry Henri, Robin van Persie, Ricky van Wolfswinkel ...

Can you spot the odd one out?"

''Henri'' is comically misspelt?