Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

Is RVW our worst ever signing

Beccio looked so much more effective in his 15 minute cameo, would really like to see him and Hooper start together

You''re a troll.

If you aren''t, you are the most deluded unintelligent person I have come across on here, and that''s saying something...

[quote user="Alfie54"]Beccio looked so much more effective in his 15 minute cameo, would really like to see him and Hooper start together[/quote]

Hahahahaha.

He did nothing. The only positive thing he did was clear a corner. He mucked up the final ball when Hooper and Snodgrass were open. Didn''t win a header from long balls, and committed a foul or two. He showed exactly why he hasn''t been playing,

Gingerpele wrote

You''re a troll.

If you aren''t, you are the most deluded unintelligent person I have come across on here, and that''s saying something...

I take it you weren''t at the match today and if you were you have no understanding of football. Your comment is both offensive and pointless

I was at the match today, and I clearly have a better understanding of football than you.

You and simplejack are the offensive ones. Clearly not supporters of this club. Or trolls. Or just lack understanding of football, don''t really care which. But if you think for one second you are clever or funny. You aren''t.

Gingerpele what on earth are you talking about, in my opinion Beccio was more effective than RVW and I would like to see him start with Hooper. Why is that in anyway unreasonable?

[quote user="Alfie54"]Gingerpele what on earth are you talking about, in my opinion Beccio was more effective than RVW and I would like to see him start with Hooper. Why is that in anyway unreasonable?[/quote][:|]

Please please please just tell me you''re a troll.

Becchio did one good thing, clearing a corner. Literally nothing else right. Even if I missed a couple things, Wolfy was linking up play left right and centre. I simply cannot believe you are serious.

Seriously Ginge, were you at the game? If so you MUST have fallen asleep.

Becchio did more in the few minutes he was on the pitch than RvW did the whole time he was on.

from my lovely little perch in the upper B we were watching the runs, or rather lack of, of RvW and Hoops, and believe me we get a good view. RvW was practically stationary every time we had the ball !! Hoops was better but when Becchio came on, what a difference. Inside, outside, left, right, as if it was a matter of utmost urgency that he lose his marker, which, in case you didn''t know IS EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE!! Becchio to start with Hoops against Newcastle please.

[quote user="birchfest"]He was never given that guilt edge chance, but can''t fault the lad for work rate. Still need to be creating more chances for him and Hooper... And I don''t mean the scuffles in the box![/quote]

Huh??? You mean apart from the ''gilt'' edged chance he fluffed on the edge of the 6 yard box with no one within 3 yards of him chance, that they repeatedly showed in the bar at half time because no one could believe he missed it chance? Not even that one Birchy????

Now, now don''t upset young Ginge. He really, really want Finidi to be a success and if he holds his breath and scrunches up his face and wishes really, really, really hard ....

He paid out a lot of pocket money for all those letters on his shirt and with the poster he got for Christmas.

His positional sense is woeful. He reacts, usually too late, after the ball has been played rather than anticipating. Sadly, you can''t coach that. He hasn''t got it. Sorry.

Let RVW and Hooper keep starting together and we will be fine, Ricky is young and there is lots of st+t flying around.

I think he will be awesome for us long term.

Seriously. Lol.

Becchio did nothing.

Wolfswinkle clearly is quality. I simply cannot believe anyone who understands and watches football can think otherwise.

Agreed GP

RvW had a solid game; he could have done better with a chance or two, as could Hooper, as could both last weekend.

Best from this game was we are seeing a game by game improvemen in RvW as his fitness improves.

Anyone getting upset about the chance RVW missed today needs to go check out the three one on ones Hooper missed in last few games.

[quote user="Simple Jack"] He reacts, usually too late, after the ball has been played rather than anticipating. Sadly, you can''t coach that. He hasn''t got it. Sorry.[/quote]

Yes you can.... easily....infact anticipation and movement off the ball is probably the easiest thing too coach.

Delay a run by a split second to give the ball extra time to arrive.

I really want the Wolf to do well here but i don''t think he''s the right type of player for us. He obviously likes to play off the last man and wait for a through ball, we don''t even try to play that style. I think there was one through ball to him today in the middle of the area and he managed to turn and get a shot away but it was blocked by Brucey.

IMO he could have done better with some of the crosses. I though Snodgrass'' delivery was the best it had been all season today, RVW was constantly caught behind his man (little old Roisner, ? spelling) most of the time. I think he should have done a bit more to get in front of him.

I am a bit perplexed as to why Hughton bought someone like the Wolf, a player like Luciano Traore would have fitted our system perfectly.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone getting upset about the chance RVW missed today needs to go check out the three one on ones Hooper missed in last few games.[/quote]He was in the box more often than not when crosses came in today and looking to shoot whenever an opportunity came, can''t really ask any more from RVW today. If he keeps playing like that he''ll be scoring regularly soon enough.

The service is a lot to look at. The midfield are not getting the balls in. They are feeding on scraps at the min , some of snoddys crossing has been dreadful this season ,

Worst signing Is elmander 17 appearances 0 goals. Dreadful !!

Holtcantshoot wrote the following post at 18/01/2014 10:51 PM:

Gingerpele wrote:

Anyone getting upset about the chance RVW missed today needs to go check out the three one on ones Hooper missed in last few games.

He was in the box more often than not when crosses came in today and looking to shoot whenever an opportunity came, can''t really ask any more from RVW today. If he keeps playing like that he''ll be scoring regularly soon enough.

The goals will come, we will have a great partnership there, let''s hope they can both stay injury free.

Simple Jack ...''His positional sense is woeful. He reacts, usually too late, after the ball has been played rather than anticipating. Sadly, you can''t coach that. He hasn''t got it. Sorry. ''

As has been stated before the coaching mantra for the use of space is......'' 1. space is created, 2. ball is delivered, 3. player arrives.

If you would like this simple(pardon the pun) process explained in greater depth it may give you an insight into how RVW movement etc is actually v good....just ask....i''m sure there are hundreds of posters that understand this very elementary principle.....which also happens to be very easy to coach.