Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

Is RVW our worst ever signing

He looks sharper since he''s come back but at the beginning of the season he was shocking. His touch, control and passing were Sunday League standard. He won''t be the worst, Raymond de Waard takes that prize

Worst value for money signing?

Has to go to that guy who played 30 minutes for us then received a career ending injury, was it Matthew rush?

I think we paid 300k for him, which at the time was quite a lot.

Steve Walsh and Tony Cottee were our worst signings. They were both about 5 years overdue on retirement and I think it worked out that Steve Walsh cost us £100k per appearance in wages or something.

At the time that was huge money. Walsh was about 36, twenty stone and turned like a cargo ship.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]Not willing to completly write him off just yet.

But he has been a disapointment so far thats for sure.

How much of that blame should be Hughtons is open to debate.[/quote]Agreed. Big difference between being a disappointment and being worst signing. Also agree blame needs to be apportioned with Hughton and co. but the percentages are unknown.

[quote user="birchfest"]Ahh, roll up ladies and gentlemen we have a CHALLENGER! That''s right, just when you thought that "sack McNally" and " MWJ and Delia should resign" threads had won the worst thread ever written award a late dark horse has arrived!!!!!

RVW our worst signing, bore off[/quote]

Haha, yes. ^THIS^. OP is a moron.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 16/01/2014 11:54 PM:

Slow? What? How? Have you seen him play?

This is quote possibly the worst thread ever.

Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with some people? Do you have no understanding of how football works? This whole situation is just rediclious, and it''s made ten times worse by nonsense like this, it''s more depressing than tha reality of the situation the club are in. Which isn''t half as bad as some posters IQs on here.

Shambles.

Absolutely, you have to wonder at the motives of people that post this sort of SH1TE!!!

We are in a bad place, let''s take the oppertunity to make things worse eh? love it.

RVW is a proven goal scorer, he has not had the service he needs, has had to settle into a team that isn''t playing to his strengths and has had a long term injury, FFS get off his back.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Slow? What? How? Have you seen him play?

This is quote possibly the worst thread ever.

Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with some people? Do you have no understanding of how football works? This whole situation is just rediclious, and it''s made ten times worse by nonsense like this, it''s more depressing than tha reality of the situation the club are in. Which isn''t half as bad as some posters IQs on here.

Shambles.[/quote]

And ^THIS^. It really is shocking how thick some fans are.

Am I alone in thinking that RVW looked very promising when he came on against Fulham? It is only a matter of time, he will come good.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]If you answer the question ''Are our current tactics the worst ever?'' perhaps that might answer it![/quote]Worse than when we were relegated twice?Really?[/quote]

Not that I want to see it but they could take us down again

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wazzock"]If you answer the question ''Are our current tactics the worst ever?'' perhaps that might answer it![/quote]Worse than when we were relegated twice?Really?[/quote]

Not that I want to see it but they could take us down again[/quote]Thats not what you said though, is it?[;)]

As far as I''m concerned, we''ve yet to see the best from most of the new signings under Hughton, which means we have huge potential to improve. RVW will get better and, no, he is not our worst ever signing, by a million miles.

Not the worst just yet.

But should a new more forward thinking boss come in and he still looks a bag of sh ite, then yes he will be, as he cost a shed load for us. But untill i see a style more geared towards him, i will reserve judgement.

Next time he plays watch him, he''s class and if anything is generally to good for the players around him.

I still think he will gain legendary status at the club unless he''s hounded out by the idiots

Another woeful display from hapless Ricky. A couple of glaring misses inside the six yard box (shame he couldn''t add to that four attempts on target season total). Looked like a schoolboy making up the numbers in a men''s game. Muscled off the ball every time he went for it. Positionally clueless - reminiscent of a startled rabbit most of the while. What he did to deserve a standing ovation I have no idea. Perhaps the rousing applause was for Beccho''s introduction - he contributed far more in his cameo than poor Ricky.

He is indeed the new Finidi George - even if we try to offload him in this window (surely the kindest thing for all parties, he simply is''t suited to English football, too weak) we''d have to accept a massive financial hit. Our best hope is to farm him out on loan to get the bad karma out of the dressing room.

[quote user="GJP"]Was very good today. Unlucky to go off.[/quote]

i thought this. Some people seem to think he was awful today. I saw a striker low on confidence meeting a team that defended well. They always seemed to get a block or header in to not give him an easy chance. The easiest one was probably the 1st half volley which i think a player high on confidence would have buried

We must understand that the obsession the binners have with RVW is born out of jealousy and the fact that they can only afford cheapy players and freeby players.

The fact that we can sign £8m strikers has them green with envy and they are delighted that Ricky has had a disappointing start to his career at Carrow Road and will continue to seek out every negative they can.

The grapes continue to grow sour in deepest Suffolk.

Good in what way?????

He had a couple of decent "on a plate" chances Hooper would have buried. He contributed nothing - an ineffective waste of space - I fervently believe we''d be better off playing with ten men.

I predict his career is now in terminal decline - his father in law might pull a few strings to get him a berth in a no-mark Ere divisie team. After that, who knows? Pub league? Nah, too much of a pansy!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[quote user="GJP"]Was very good today. Unlucky to go off.[/quote]

i thought this. Some people seem to think he was awful today. I saw a striker low on confidence meeting a team that defended well. They always seemed to get a block or header in to not give him an easy chance. The easiest one was probably the 1st half volley which i think a player high on confidence would have buried

[/quote]

Agree. his confidence is completely shot at the moment and it should not be underestimated how big of a deal confidence is in professional sport.

Overall his link up play was really quite good today, but in and around that box he is obviously not himself - you can almost see him visibly over thinking about those thinks he would just normally do naturally. It will be a real mental battle for him at the moment, but there is still plenty of time for it to turn around. Having said that he is in a bit of danger of ''doing a torres'' if he doesn''t start to turn the corner before the end of the season. Good luck to him.

I''m not sure I agree with the "doing a Torres" bit - that was imply that there was a time when he was a predatory goal machine. When was that (joke South European/ Scottish leagues don''t count).

He was never given that guilt edge chance, but can''t fault the lad for work rate. Still need to be creating more chances for him and Hooper... And I don''t mean the scuffles in the box!

Played really well today! His only real chance was actually behind him and he couldn''t wrap his foot around it to get it on target. Far more difficult than many realise!

Again he found himself in good positions and lost his marker several times but as so often this season he never gets the ball!

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Good in what way?????

He had a couple of decent "on a plate" chances Hooper would have buried. He contributed nothing - an ineffective waste of space - I fervently believe we''d be better off playing with ten men.

I predict his career is now in terminal decline - his father in law might pull a few strings to get him a berth in a no-mark Ere divisie team. After that, who knows? Pub league? Nah, too much of a pansy![/quote]

No he did not.

And hooper has missed three one on one chances and done very little since his fluky goal against Fulham.

There must be a limit to how long the "Wolf will come good" brigade can bury their heads in the sand. He has been here since August (and I''m not buying the debilitating twisted sock) he has had four attempts on target, he looks like a fish out of water, he doesn''t show any evidence of a strikers instinct - where others get the snap shot off, the ball always seems to get caught under his feet.

He doesn''t look like a striker. Would gave rather Dion nipped back to the car and got his boots.

Sad to say, but we''ve done our money. Can''t see he''s any improvement on Cody.