Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

Is RVW our worst ever signing

I think even the most fervent Luddite would now accept that we haven''t got what it said on the tin with the Wolf - slow, lightweight, ineffective. But is he our worst ever signing? We have had worse players - ladies and gentleman I give you auld Otterson and virtually every player signed by Bryan Hamilton - but they cost pocket change in comparison to Ricky. In terms of outlay and expectation he has to be the biggest disappointment and waste of money in the club''s history. Here''s hoping he finally shakes off that debilitating twisted sock or whatever''s wrong with him.

8 mill is relevant to todays pricing though. Its no worse money spent than when we signed Dave Strihavka. Either way his reputation was more known than unknown, and he isn''t the worst signing by a long shot just because of his price tag. I''m still giving him until the season ends or a new manager gets time with him.... whenever that is.

So bad hes even changed his name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Theo

Ahh, roll up ladies and gentlemen we have a CHALLENGER! That''s right, just when you thought that "sack McNally" and " MWJ and Delia should resign" threads had won the worst thread ever written award a late dark horse has arrived!!!!!

RVW our worst signing, bore off

It wouldn''t matter if we''d paid £50m for him and he never scored a goal, he''d still be better than Fotheringham.

[quote user="GJP"]It wouldn''t matter if we''d paid £50m for him and he never scored a goal, he''d still be better than Fotheringham.[/quote]
Add Brellier, Matty Patty, Theo, Louis-Jean, JJ.... there''s too many to count

Elmander trumps him as the worst signing of last summer easily, let alone all time

[quote user="Olly"]Elmander trumps him as the worst signing of last summer easily, let alone all time[/quote]So, you wouldn''t consider Becchio worse?Who has played far less?Or is he a better signing in theory?

Posts such as the Op''s are defeatist and not good for our Club.

RVW hasn''t lived up to expectations and the wait for it to happen seems to be dragging on.

He well might not succeed at Hughton''s Norwich City but that doesn''t make him the bad player that was implied.

I didn''t enjoy reading the opening post partly because it slightly hit a nerves and partly because it has appeared at just the wrong time.

Let''s support our own and the only readers who will have liked the rather extreme opening opinion are those multitude of Shanty Town supporters who tune in to this board,

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Sometimes it''s not always who''s better or worse but who the manager prefers to play[/quote]Sometimes you talk a lot of carp.

It would be fair enough if we were 3 months away from the end of his contract, but people are trying to determine how successful his spell at norwich was/has been off an injury disrupted 1st season in a new country, surrounded by players who appear to not know how to provide him with the right service and a manager who should have built the team around him, in both tactics and personnel.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Sometimes it''s not always who''s better or worse but who the manager prefers to play[/quote]Sometimes you talk a lot of carp.[/quote]Sometimes some of the stuff you post is fishy

[quote user="Simple Jack"]I think even the most fervent Luddite would now accept that we haven''t got what it said on the tin with the Wolf - slow, lightweight, ineffective. But is he our worst ever signing? We have had worse players - ladies and gentleman I give you auld Otterson and virtually every player signed by Bryan Hamilton - but they cost pocket change in comparison to Ricky. In terms of outlay and expectation he has to be the biggest disappointment and waste of money in the club''s history. Here''s hoping he finally shakes off that debilitating twisted sock or whatever''s wrong with him.[/quote]Did the 3 billy goats gruff wake you up? Is that why you are posting?

Slow? What? How? Have you seen him play?

This is quote possibly the worst thread ever.

Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with some people? Do you have no understanding of how football works? This whole situation is just rediclious, and it''s made ten times worse by nonsense like this, it''s more depressing than tha reality of the situation the club are in. Which isn''t half as bad as some posters IQs on here.

Shambles.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]If you answer the question ''Are our current tactics the worst ever?'' perhaps that might answer it![/quote]Worse than when we were relegated twice?Really?

I will wait until he has had a couple of months under an ambitious manager with a positive mindset which is reflected in his tactics before considering this player a poor signing.

Holt wouldn''t have thrived under Gunn, Hoolahan was not much better than average under Roeder.

Hughton should leave, but if we can stay in this division he may well leave a legacy of signing the next club legends.

Lambert didn''t sign either of our deadly duosome (Holt and Hoolahan), or any of our terrific trio if you want to look at the league one season (including Chris Martin who had an amazing season that year).

Hughtons signings have largely been good business. Now we need to see what a new manager can do with them.

Is unfair to single out RVW.

Redmond is also a raw diamond, Fer has all the necessary attributes but lacks the application, and Olsson has the pace and power to make more of an impact going forward than he does.

I think there is more to come from all of his more recent signings, apart from maybe Hooper who is doing his job which is taking his chances when they land to him.

He was always going to have to improve physically and he''s been set back by injury. He''ll be strong and sharp again soon and will show his class. He looks like the he has the body type that takes a while to build muscle mass which has been lost when ill or injured, a bit like Stuart Broad. I think he will come good.

RvW wouldn''t be tipped as being worth £15 million and linked with much bigger clubs than us less than a year ago if he was a bad player. He''s also consistently in the Dutch national squad.

Criticism of RvW shows how fine the line is in Football. Take the Fulham cup game at home. He gets two attempts on goal saved brilliantly by the Keeper, if one of those sneaks past the keeper''s hand and into the bottom corner everyone would be hailing the rebirth of our new star. Same goes for Everton the other day, had that 30 yarder flew past Howard into the top corner. Everyone would be all over him. He clearly has quality and he is playing in a team short of ideas and belief at the moment and under a gutless negative manager. Genuinely feel the goal is just around the corner for him.

Perhaps I should clarify my ascertian - RVW is the worst value money of any Norwich signing. Players are judged by results. Wolf was signed to deliver goals. One decent header aside he has barely forced a save all season.

Norwich have signed some real clowns before but they cost next to nothing so their failure to deliver is hardly surprising. We broke the bank to sign Wolf at a time when our Premiership survival was hanging by a thread.

The only other player I can think of who was a staggering waste of money was Steve Walsh but he pales in comparison to Wolf.

Hardly a goal machine is he?

We''ve been sold a pup.

The evidence to date is he is the worst value for money signing. If we go one up front for the rest of the season Hooper should be first choice.

Is RVW one of our worst ever signings - not even close, he''s simply been totally shackled by the style of play, lack of supply and injury.Is this thread one of the worst ever - yes, I think it probably is...