Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Dean Ashton is overrated and rubbish

Dear Sir Alex, or Arsene or Jose, Rafael etc

You may have heard about a chap with the above name who has scored a few goals recently. Now the close season is approaching you should be aware that he is not really very good and I would definitely not recommend you even thinking of buying him. His first touch and control are woeful and he just has no physical presence. Those headed goals? A fluke (well two flukes but who''s counting). Positioning and reactions are on a par with a rather corpulent hippopotamous. He didn''t even score last Saturday or the one before so you can see he''s not for you.

In fact, the reason for our recent revival is down to our underrated defence and midfield. Should you come here trying to find a Summer bargain we could perhaps tempt you with a Scottish midfielder who according to rumour has an extra lung allowing him to power up and down the field with great gusto. We also have a rather short (but then Frodo Baggins was short and look what he achieved) wide player who is hail and hearty being Irish fellow and we used to love him very much. And a couple of central defenders who have unfairly taken the blame for us conceding the odd goal here and there (we all know its that useless fellow named after a fringe political party). One of them played for the real team in Manchester once, and the other came from a Big Club (unlike our small and dimunitive little outfit), so they must be good.

So really, Dawn Ashdown (see, he''s so bad I''ve forgotten his name already) is not really the one you want, you could have the others I have mentioned for a few million and you would be playing football the like of which you may not have seen for a long time.

I am sure all my fellow supporters will agree with me on this.

DD - I think you meant Tumbleweed - although I would of course take the plaudits for such a fine piece of writing.

[quote]DD - I think you meant Tumbleweed - although I would of course take the plaudits for such a fine piece of writing.[/quote]

Good observation there, Wiz.

[quote]Good observation there, Wiz.[/quote]

only problem is it wasnt whiz it was navman.....

anyhow, some good points there, interesting

We need to keep Ashton as long as possible

[quote]only problem is it wasnt whiz it was navman..... anyhow, some good points there, interesting We need to keep Ashton as long as possible[/quote]

*WOOSH*

[quote]only problem is it wasnt whiz it was navman..... anyhow, some good points there, interesting We need to keep Ashton as long as possible[/quote]

Is that the sound of tumbleweed I hear?  

I guess that with years of defence cuts its only a matter of time before our once-great naval fleet turns to rust and confusing me (in dry dock of course) with NavMan might not be too far off the mark......!!!!!!