Sign in to follow this  
rowdyman

Le Fondre is he worth a try

just thinking maybe a cheeky bid to Reading for Le Fondre might be worth a punt, scoring well in championship, got a few for Reading in the prem, a real fox in the box type worth having in the squad and would not cost an arm and a leg. what do you all think.Would be good back up at very least and knows where the net is.

He and Becchio could keep each other company on the bench!

In all seriousness I personally don''t think another striker is the answer to our problems right now.

Not sure he is better than we have to be honest and without solving the midfield first he will suffer the same starvation diet as hooper and rvw

but i do think he is better than what we have, if not different reminds me alot of kevin philips and our strikers are not hitting the net, i think he would be a good impact player as when Reading were in the prem and he is scoring quite a few in championship. he Cant do no worse than RVW Who to me is not up to it, maybe next year he may prove me wrong cant see it myself, as i said i think we could get him on the cheap.

I think he is similar to Becchio as my comparator of not better than what we have - and he cant get a game.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I think he is similar to Becchio as my comparator of not better than what we have - and he cant get a game.[/quote]

nothing like Becchio imo and he is better than what we have, he scores goals, where as RVW and Elmander dont, very important job for a striker that. i would back him to get more than them two combined by the end of the season.

When are people going to understand, it doesnt matter who is up front, if they''re not getting chances, they cant score!

rowdyman wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 12:44 PM:

just thinking maybe a cheeky bid to Reading for Le Fondre might be

worth a punt, scoring well in championship, got a few for Reading in the

prem, a real fox in the box type worth having in the squad and would

not cost an arm and a leg. what do you all think.Would be good back up

at very least and knows where the net is.

Pray tell me. Who is going to get the ball into the box for him to score?How many times must it be said!The strikers aren''t the problem.It''s the supply and the tactics.

i have not said he is the answer just someone to help out, of course we need more quality right through the team but he did score a few goals in a very poor reading side that went down.

btw pray tell how many goals have RVW and Elmander got between them how ever bad we are its not good enough. the games i have seen, they dont actually seem to bust a gut to get in the box anyway, RVW Just has not produced its only because he cost 8 mill people think he must be good, maybe just maybe we made a boo boo.

[quote user="CDMullins"]When are people going to understand, it doesnt matter who is up front, if they''re not getting chances, they cant score![/quote]I disagree CD. All our strikers have had chances this season, but they''re not taking them. Yes, strikers rely on good service, but the sign of a quality striker is they create their  own chances and take them. Apart from Hooper v Swansea,  none of our strikers have taken any of the chances they''ve had or fashioned something themselves

"scoring well in championship"so was Becchio until Hughton got hold of himHooper wasn''t doing too bad in the SPL and RVW was a rising and promising star until ..............not sure why some folk can''t see where the real problems are, apart from this post from YellowWallPray tell me. Who is going to get the ball into the box for him to score?How many times must it be said!The strikers aren''t the problem.It''s the supply and the tactics.

No way. Hooper and RVW are both "Fox in box" strikers who are just not getting the service so there is no point going out and buying another same style striker who is clearly not as good as what we have.

I would have thought that RvW and Hooper are in most cases better and more experienced than Le Fondre. As they are struggling to score for us, I suspect that Le Fondre would be unable to overcome the handicaps which thwart them.

Much more important than a new striker, I think, is a new attacking method and possibly a skilful central midfielder.

Hooper may be but not premier league, people are forgetting Fondre scored goals for Reading in prem against the top sides as well, RVW is just not good enough period, too lightweight imo, he did well abroad but the prem is a different ball game. Anyway its a big no from you guys so we will leave it to just being one mans opinion.

Well he couldn''t do any worse than Van Winklepickers but doubt Reading will sell him while they still have something to play for, and doubt he would be in any rush to leave with them sitting in the play-offs.