Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Cardiff game Now huge!

I know it''s too early too predict this weekend, but Just been looking at the as it stands table. Cardiff rock bottom will know they have to win otherwise they will get cut adrift.

Even a win might not take them out of the bottom 3 and if they can''t beat us, who are poor away from home at this moment,they deserve to go down.

If we could win we will give ourselves a cushion with regards to the bottom 3.We won''t get anything against Manchester city or spurs at home. It''s going to be a ridiculous end of season for us yet again!

We did everything but score against them at Carra. We should got there and win. The board should demand it. After the way we ended the match last night we should win.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Every game is Huge. A point would be great. Lose and the daggers will be out again. Sad really that people cannot enjoy the ride.[/quote]This^^^^^Did anyone expect it would be easy?

[quote user="Vanwink"]A point would be fine[/quote]Yes. Provided we then either beat Man City or West Ham. We need a win from the quartet of games finishing with West Ham away. The point being that if we don''t win one of those four then it is hard to see us getting the four wins we would then probably require between now and the end of the season to get us to 38 points. Which is the new 40. Ie safe, and possibly safe with a few points to spare.

We will need 13 points from the remaining 14 games. That should be achievable for us.

[quote user="Vanwink"]We will need 13 points from the remaining 14 games. That should be achievable for us.[/quote]

On what do you exactly base that on Ricky ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]We will need 13 points from the remaining 14 games. That should be achievable for us.[/quote]

[/quote]Would say 12 points as it standsmost teams tend to keep to their average, at the moment that is 0.75 a game for the bottom threeFor the bottom three to achieve 36 points now it would require them to have a season average of 49 points !can you seriously see that ?our aim must be to finish top of this current bottom eleven so Every game is Huge(as said above)

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 10:09 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

We will need 13 points from the remaining 14 games. That should be achievable for us.

To get the 38 points purple referred to should we gain a point against Cardiff would leave us requiring 13 points from the remaining 14 games. We are averaging over a point a game at the moment, do you think that will change?

[quote user="Vanwink"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 10:09 PM: Vanwink wrote: We will need 13 points from the remaining 14 games. That should be achievable for us. On what do you exactly base that on Ricky ? To get the 38 points purple referred to should we gain a point against Cardiff would leave us requiring 13 points from the remaining 14 games. We are averaging over a point a game at the moment, do you think that will change?[/quote]

You honestly think we will achieve a point a game from the last 4 and not forgetting of course a visit to our happy hunting ground Craven Cottage 5th from last ?...... yeah righto Ricky.

[quote user="Vanwink"]A point would be fine[/quote]Well, with our attacking prowess, our thirst for goals, a point is probably the best we can hope for. Unless Cardiff score of course and then it''s more than likely going to be nil points.

I don''t know which games, but I do know that we have consistently secured in excess of one point a game under Hughton, over one and a half seasons and I don''t see any reason that should change.

Plus we do have a spirit in the side which seems to enable us to pull a result out of the bag when we really need it.

It ain''t going to be pretty and if we do just scrape survival Hughton will have had his day for me, but I think we will scrap and get the points.

Would that be the spirit that overflowed in abundance during the first-half of last night''s game?

This is a must not lose game, go to win but not lose is the priority.

Shore up midfield, Jonas in for Ricky, Pilkington or Snodgrass central, tettey deep with fer and we should get what we need

Coyy

unique wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:48 PM:

Would that be the spirit that overflowed in abundance during the first-half of last night''s game?

Did you see an improvement in the second half?

[quote user="Vanwink"]unique wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:48 PM:

Did you see an improvement in the second half?[/quote]would it have been possible to get any worse ?

ZippersLeftFoot wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:55 PM:

This is a must not lose game, go to win but not lose is the priority.

Shore up midfield, Jonas in for Ricky, Pilkington or Snodgrass central, tettey deep with fer and we should get what we need

Coyy

That''s what will happen, I think we have seen the last of Ricky and Hoops playing together.

City1st wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:57 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

unique wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:48 PM: Would that be the spirit that overflowed in abundance during the first-half of last night''s game? Did you see an improvement in the second half?

would it have been possible to get any worse ?

We could have been losing.

[quote user="Vanwink"]City1st wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:57 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

unique wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 11:48 PM: Would that be the spirit that overflowed in abundance during the first-half of last night''s game? Did you see an improvement in the second half?

would it have been possible to get any worse ?

We could have been losing.[/quote]you are confusing spirit with goals

[quote user="Vanwink"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 10:09 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

To get the 38 points purple referred to should we gain a point against Cardiff would leave us requiring 13 points from the remaining 14 games. We are averaging over a point a game at the moment, do you think that will change?[/quote]To add to this. I don''t think we will go down, and I don''t think we will need 38 points. But this season 38 looks like being the new 40, in the sense that it almost certainly means safety, and probably safety with a few points to spare. Even so it would mean a serious regression for us (of six points) from last season.The argument against being happy with a point at Cardiff is this. I look at blocks of games. From the quartet of Newcastle, Cardiff, Man City and West Ham, we should get one win..Not beating Cardiff effectively means we have to win at Upton Park.If we fail to achieve that, if we can''t get a win from those four matches, then it is hard to see how we would get four wins from the remaining 12 fixtures (we now have 15 left, not 14). Some of them should be winnable, but then three of this current quartet look winnable.Why four wins? Getting to 38 points is achievable with three wins and five draws, but that would mean getting a result in more than half our remaining games.

Yes I am aware we still have 15 remaining games, I was talking about the situation we would be in should we get a draw at Cardiff ie being on 25 points with 14 games remaining.

Predicting results is an impossible task, we will lose some we expect to win and will pick up unexpected points, looking at performance and points per game over the last season and a half I suspect is a little bit more likely to reflect what the final outcome will be.

If you want to look at specifics and in the OP context of "Huge Games" then Stoke Sunderland and West Brom are the huge games for me, if we can pick up 9 points there then we need 4 points from the remaining 11 fixtures which I think is possible.

We aren''t playing at all well at the moment as people know.

However, why are Man City and Spurs nailed on defeats? We have seen some of the less fancied teams taking points off the biggest clubs in the land this season.

That may be so but we cannot wait until the final run of games whoever they may be. Cardiff is huge because it it in the winnable category of which there are not that many left. If we lose on Saturday and we fail to batter Man City (!) then with each game comes more pressure. Let''s start winning now.

We really must not go to Cardiff and play for a draw. If we have to settle for a point then fine its not a bad result but this is one of our most winnable games remaining and we should be looking to try and win it. They will be bang up for this so if we sit off them and invite pressure onto ourselves we will be asking for trouble.

If Gutierez comes back in and Snod keeps his place then we should play Redmond behind Hooper so we actually have a bit of pace for them to worry about. Otherwise we will be putting out possibly the slowest and most one dimensional side the prem has ever seen!