Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

The Messiah

What''s up Houston Canary? Can''t you handle the facts Cartman made. Lambert left because he thought he''d a better chance doing well with a bigger club, More resources, higher wage big, better facilities etc... Credit to Hughton, where it''s deserved sometimes, would be nice.

Yes I can, and did, handle Cartman''s facts with some equally relevant ones.

Your points about Lambert are a completely different debate and have nothing to do with Hughton beyond CH being his replacement here.

Sorry to have confused you.

People continuing to bum Paul Lambert, long after he ditched, us is starting to get a bit cringeworthy.

Oh dear, so you consider implying that someone is homosexual, is an insult?

You''re an embarrassing idiot.

LOL donkey. From the backwater of Canada to Hicksville USA and here you are arguing on a Norwich City forum like you have such a connection to our fine city. I don''t like the term ''plastic'' because everyone has an opinion to offer but you only come on here to argue matters as if you''ve spent a lifetime here. Grow up FFS.

I remember the day when the carra used to bounce when the messiah was in charge. Late goals late wins. Hope,expectation all gone now destroyed by hapless hughton.

Hughton out Messiah back

The thing was Houston Canary, you implied that Hughton inherited a better squad than Lambert at Villa. Which is very debatable, and on paper you are wrong. Alex Ferguson wasn''t sacked after 18 months. Hughton''s bringing young players through into the team and has coped well with injuries. Tetty''s coming back into the team, option of 451 which was working quite well, and some good football. You are just making the Lambert point of entertaining football after two contrasting games. Football strategies are a work in progress, and there''ll be up''s and down''s, 18 month''s isn''t such a long time. I won''t jump on the ''Hughton out'' bandwagon just yet. Cartman made a good point, you didn''t!

I think the problem is that about 10% of people who attend Carrow Road are not really Norwich fans. They are people who started coming when Paul Lambert took charge and thought it was really entertaining so kept coming. It would be better to call them Paul Lambert fans. They are just after the "buzz" of reckless football. Anything different and they''ll grumble and boo and complain that they''re not entertained and they''re watching a "shower of sh1t". Why not just change your allegiance to Aston Villa if you love the guy so much?

W25, I don''t know exactly but I think we finished several points ahead of Villa 2 seasons back. Our points total and entertainment value have dropped since. If the 2 managers have the same number of points since then, obviously Villa''s have increased. I haven''t seen a lot of Villa games but most of the ones are exciting while too many of ours are dull unless you have a direct interest in the match.

Thank you for pointing out what you found troubling about my comment. I appreciate that. To each, his own. We just disagree.

KC, to answer your ridiculous query with same, if you like Hughton so much, why don''t you marry him?

Are you referring to Thorpe end canary by any chance Kangaroo Court? I read back his post''s on this thread after reading your point, which made some funny reading! Hahaha

Yes I can see your point Houston Canary in regards to entertaining football. Lambert''s teams have that advantage at the moment on us. Saying that football''s a funny old game and thing''s can change very quickly, so I''m rooting for Mr ''nice guy'' Hughton to be a success. I also think Hughton''s a good fit for the club in regards his personality. Yes your right though Houston Canary, each to their own opinion.

Zak Cartman wrote the following post at 2014-01-30 3:57 AM:

And yet despite all tonights proof that Lambert is the far better manager the current standings in the "lambert at Villa, hewton at Naaridge" league table are:

Houghton Managed 61 games points 68

Lambert managed 61 games points 68

Yes despite Paul "The Messiah" Lambert being a far better manager at a far bigger club with far better resources and far more £20,000,000 strikers he has managed to accumulate exactly the same number of points at Villa in the Prem as Chris "the Messier" Hootun has at Norwich.

Making each one of them exactly as succesful as the other.

And that''s a fact!

So be it, but at least his 68 points were entertaining to watch!

I want him to succeed too. I just wish my favorite form of entertainment was more entertaining in the process.

More tea, your entire contribution to this thread has been insults. When you sober up and look back at it, you may feel embarrassed, assuming you have a conscience.

Maybe when hungover you''ll have something of substance to say. I won''t be holding my breath. Until then, pipe down.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 10:17 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Would be great to see a few games like this at FCR

Until the start of last season we did Ricky.

Yep and now we are paying our penance!

I loved Lambert as much as anyone when he WAS our Manager, even used to say he should be considered to succeed Sir Alex, that''s how much I rated him through my green & yellow tinted specs at the time. BUT.........I have got over him, and other than a cursory glance I am not that interested in him now or Villa, other than of course when we play them and its unavoidable, particularly when he now appears to have a disdain for our club, all that pathetic fist pumping and the obvious tapping up of Hoolahan. 

For the record, I actually dont think he has done very well at all at Villa since leaving us....................Anyway, a suggestion......why dont those "fans" of "The Messiah" start up their own dedicated website in honour to Paul Lambert where they can wax lyrical about the good old days, they could even post pictures of their favourite picture of him, perhaps they have a picture WITH him (now that will require a box of tissues I''m sure)......that would be great wouldnt it....do anything pleease, as its all getting a bit embarrassing........Paul who?? 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I loved Lambert as much as anyone when he WAS our Manager, even used to say he should be considered to succeed Sir Alex, that''s how much I rated him through my green & yellow tinted specs at the time. BUT.........I have got over him, and other than a cursory glance I am not that interested in him now or Villa, other than of course when we play them and its unavoidable, particularly when he now appears to have a disdain for our club, all that pathetic fist pumping and the obvious tapping up of Hoolahan. 

For the record, I actually dont think he has done very well at all at Villa since leaving us....................Anyway, a suggestion......why dont those "fans" of "The Messiah" start up their own dedicated website in honour to Paul Lambert where they can wax lyrical about the good old days, they could even post pictures of their favourite picture of him, perhaps they have a picture WITH him (now that will require a box of tissues I''m sure)......that would be great wouldnt it....do anything pleease, as its all getting a bit embarrassing........Paul who?? 

[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

Agreed;    its an complusive unhealthy and unproductive obsession very similar to the greiving process,  acceptance still yet to arrive two years on.    

So many fans behaving like their girlfriend has left them but refusing to realise that she wont come back and that you can do better without her.  Embarrassing

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I know what I''d rather be watching.

Comparative league positions are misleading.

Love Lambert''s fearless style, wanted a replacement manager with similar principles, got a health and safety inspector instead.[/quote]Interesting thing, this perception about "Lambert''s fearless style".Home goals at Villa Park this season. 12 (including the 4 last night, meaning before last night, it was 8).Home goals at Carrow Road this season. 11.Fearless style indeed! Just knocking them in for fun, they are.Hootin Out!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I loved Lambert as much as anyone when he WAS our Manager, even used to say he should be considered to succeed Sir Alex, that''s how much I rated him through my green & yellow tinted specs at the time. BUT.........I have got over him, and other than a cursory glance I am not that interested in him now or Villa, other than of course when we play them and its unavoidable, particularly when he now appears to have a disdain for our club, all that pathetic fist pumping and the obvious tapping up of Hoolahan. 

For the record, I actually dont think he has done very well at all at Villa since leaving us....................Anyway, a suggestion......why dont those "fans" of "The Messiah" start up their own dedicated website in honour to Paul Lambert where they can wax lyrical about the good old days, they could even post pictures of their favourite picture of him, perhaps they have a picture WITH him (now that will require a box of tissues I''m sure)......that would be great wouldnt it....do anything pleease, as its all getting a bit embarrassing........Paul who?? [/quote]

I agree 100%.  Those who try to justify his record at Villa as anything better than disappointing are guilty of desperate sophistry - they''d never make similar allowances for Hughton.  Many of the posts from people who want him back are truly cringemaking and make you feel sorry for their ex''s.  One particular poster who used to call himself Waveney has posted more often than I can remember "Hughton out Messiah back" although in his defence I think he''s just a binner making mischief.

I''d much rather watch the brand of football Lambert plays, than the brand we play under Hughton. If anyone disagrees then they''re quite frankly either defending the undefendable, or are still too caught up in the fact he left us.

Statistically they''ve both been as sucessful as one another. But how would you rather accrue points? Going all out to win a game and drawing 3-3 or defending for 85 minutes with a ball retention rate of 0% against Newcastle at home? The end result is the same but the 90 minutes which you''ve just seen is certainly not. The feel good factor around fans exists - the atmosphere is better and you always feel you''ve got a chance.

I''m not saying we need Lambert back but someone with a little bit of attacking intent (playing 4-4-2 doesn''t mean we attack, it just means we see even less of the ball than we did before) wouldn''t go a miss.