Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Ok, just imagine.....

No

Wherever we finish I would like to see him go. The boring negative football is all to much to bear

It is hard to see the board sacking him if we do get relegated,   and if we are, he is probably as capable as getting us re-promoted as anyone.

Personally when (alright, if) we survive I would want a change in manager come May.   The only scenario that would change my mind is if,  with a fully fit squad to pick from, we start performing consistently and to the squads potential,  ie a clear improvement in the level of performance  together with results.

Unless there is a significant improvement toward the end of this season I think the board have some serious questions to ponder. I guess it depends on whether they feel with another summer transfer window CH can bring in, particularly in midfield, the players we need to improve our playing style.

It will also depend on whether there are quality replacement managerial candidates that we are likely to be able to bring in.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]I guess it depends on whether they feel with another summer transfer window CH can bring in, particularly in midfield, the players we need to improve our playing style.[/quote]

To be fair, compared to the squad with which we ended last season, I would have thought that the combined outlay on Olsson, Fer, Redmond, Hooper and Wolfie would have been more than adequate to improve our playing style from last year.

I have seen from reading your posts that you are still largely in support of Hughton, but don''t you feel that the significant amount of money he spent on attacking players over the summer should already have yielded an improvement in style?

To be fair, I actually think Hughton has a good eye for buying a player - Olsson, Fer, RVW, Redmond, Hooper etc are in my opinion all good players and purchases.

The problem is that he doesnt know how to use them, pick the right team or perhaps most importantly inspire them.

So I would be happy for him to spend the money as a glorified scout called a Director of Football but I would want a different manager who can then get the best out of them