Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Ciani

Nothing more than we were in talks with him. Presume as there''s been nothing in the press since that the bid (if there was one) hasn''t been rejected

just saw this on twitter on italian site, maybe just their equivalent of rehashing old new, but was post 3 mins ago the italian apparently translate to..., ''Stay about to leave Michael Ciani, who is in talks with Norwich City. The negotiations for the transfer of Lazio defender have entered into the heart, but the coach of English club has intervened to resize the recent market rumors and shed light on the interest for the former Bordeaux player.

Can I have a translation please?

Is some decision or other to be made anytime now? If so by whom?

Hope so as this one appeals to me most of the three.

All sounds typically complicated though and suddenly it begins to feel like the usual last few days of the January window. Therefore nothing will come of it no doubt..

Being reported on ''Lazio-News'' - Mickael Ciani is next to move overseas, specifically in Norwich, Premier League club. According to reports from Tuttomercatoweb, the former Bordeaux French defender will reach England by the hour and the other former Lazio Garrido, also on the staff of the Canaries.

Have to say I saw the last 10 minutes of the Napoli v Lazio game and I was not very impressed with the little time I see of Ciani. I feel he was at fault for Napoli''s goal as he was to slow to react by closing down the runner and then put in a very clumsy tackle which could have been given as a penalty, but then doing so he ultimately paid the price by playing Higuain on side.

Also just before Napoli''s goal there was a few times where Ciani was just ball watching and didn''t have a clue what runs the players behind him was making and that''s a worry.

I feel we need someone who is going to improve us and not just add numbers to our squad.

It was only 10 minutes and I''ve never seen him play before so maybe my first impression could be wrong and I hope so IF we sign him.

Watched the whole game and was impressed with the way he,at times,held the defence together. Also played a bit higher up than our back four putting himself about.Can''t judge on last ten minutes as Napoli had given Lazio the run around all game and it was the defence that kept them at bay. I think he will give us a bt more steel and leadership.After all we need that more than anything

If we were anywhere near close to signing him, he probably wouldn''t have played