Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Johnson Appeal

[quote user="im spartacus"]Remy now misses the sunderland game not good news for us[/quote]Oh dear, every silver lining has a cloud.

I did find the decision strange. The ref gave Remy a straight red. That to me suggests that he saw the incident clearly enough to make that judgement. It was only after speaking to the linesman that he sent off Johnson.

[quote user="chicken"]I did find the decision strange. The ref gave Remy a straight red. That to me suggests that he saw the incident clearly enough to make that judgement. It was only after speaking to the linesman that he sent off Johnson.[/quote]No he spoke to the Linesman before producing the red for Remy then spoke to him again before carding Johno.

See Indy, i''d agree with you if i thought Fer was playing well.

You also have to take into account the distance Johnson covers a game, pressurising players and trying to actually look half interested.

Last season he came 5th overall in the entire premier league under distance covered.

There''s a reason both Hughton and Lambert have played Johnson more than any other midfielder.

[quote user="hogesar"]There''s a reason both Hughton and Lambert have played Johnson more than any other midfielder.[/quote]Quite. Johnson has been our most consistent performer this season and I''d rather believe what I see rather than a load of stats.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="chicken"]I did find the decision strange. The ref gave Remy a straight red. That to me suggests that he saw the incident clearly enough to make that judgement. It was only after speaking to the linesman that he sent off Johnson.[/quote]No he spoke to the Linesman before producing the red for Remy then spoke to him again before carding Johno.[/quote]

That''s even more bizarre then.

I''ve reffed a few games and if I speak to the linesman I ask them for their view on the situation and what they saw. If I believe and trust that they are being impartial I may even ask them what they think a fair outcome should be. I never left it so I had to go back to them as it undermines you as a ref and also them as it makes it appear that they may have missed out a detail.

As you said, sounds very much like the ref bottled it a bit and just wanted to balance out the red cards.

[quote user="lappinitup"] Johnson has been our most consistent performer this season and I''d rather believe what I see rather than a load of stats.[/quote]If that''s what you''re seeing then I think you need to get to SpecSavers Lapps...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lappinitup"] Johnson has been our most consistent performer this season and I''d rather believe what I see rather than a load of stats.[/quote]If that''s what you''re seeing then I think you need to get to SpecSavers Lapps...[/quote]Lol Indy. If you ever decide to go to a game, we''ll have a meet up and I''ll explain what this football stuff is all about. [;)]ps. If you bring that pile of stats we''ll put them on your seat, you''ll be able to see better then....[:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Lol Indy. If you ever decide to go to a game, we''ll have a meet up and I''ll explain what this football stuff is all about. [;)][/quote]Ah, that tired old response again Lapps, aren''t you getting bored of it yet?Whilst I appreciate it may be difficult for some fans to fully understand the economic implications for those fans who don''t live with 5 miles of the ground, but let me re-iterate that my lack of attendance to home games comes down to not having anywhere between £100-£150 spare every couple of weeks to watch a home game (when you take into account ticket prices, travel costs etc).I''ll also point out that generally speaking you can actually see far MORE of what is really going on via a decent broadcast than you can sat up in the stands, but what you miss out on is the atmosphere - NOT the vision...So stop trying to pull the c**p about not being able to have an opinion if you don''t get to Carrow Road on a constant basis, because it''s frankly pathetic and insulting.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Good from the point of view that it shouldn''t have been a red and justice has been done, bad from the fact that this means he''s now available for selection...Easily our worst overall central midfielder who far too often gives the ball away from either a bad pass or being caught in possession.Tettey is so much better that it''s not even funny...[/quote]
Scored more league goals than RVW though! [;)]