Sign in to follow this  
rich

the formation

does it work? I''m not sure what I propose but it seems to me like they are too many square pegs in round holes. huck, bentley, francis are all attacking midfielders which puts big poressure on safri and the defence.  ashton and leon are perfect up front together, but the defence looks weak as it''s currently setup and the midfield seems to get overrun too often. It''s too late to tinker now, but it''s something we need to look at in the summer, do we play a formation around the players we have, or do get new players to adapt to worthy''s favoured 4-4-2.

The players we have perfectly fit a 4-2-3-1 formation

Ashton

Jonson           Hux       bentley

Francis    Safri

Drury      Shacks    Charlie    Helveg

Green

Can go 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 if we are under pressure , the 3 can swap places and be fluid and the 2 provide support to defence.

But we are generally playing well with a 4-4-2 if players focus on their job rather than immitate a dog chasing a ball... 

OTBC

ZLF

Generally you make very sensible suggestions - but no Leon, our most creative player who makes things happen - sorry, I disagree.

Our recent good run has coincided with a great streak of form from Leon. he''s undroppable.

How can you justify leaving Leon out??? He has to play because he is on fire at the moment along with Deano. Also i can''t see Charlton coming in for Flem even though i would like to see it happen.

My formation was for next year - Leon is on a hot streak and I ended my post stating keep with 4-4-2 for the next two games - Leon has to play.

However I think it is only a hot streak and he is playing above himself.  While he gets into good positions he still wastes more opportunities than he make best use of; and conceeds possession too easily.  Until he learns to keep the ball and use it better he will only be a squad player.

While he is on a hot streak keep him in tho.  

OTBC

ZLF, like it. Would make us an attacking team. Would love to see Charlton at centre back, but can''t see it happeneing anytime soon, Worthy seems to love Fleming to much. Have to agree with the others though, Leon is undroppable at the moment, but would still like to see that formation in action, could be interesting.

-------Ashton--------
--Huckerby----McKenzie
---Francis-safri-Bently--
drury-shackell-doherty-edworthy
-------Green-----------

i agree with zip it looks a good formation, though whether leon would be a replacement for jonson could be an option. but yeah I think were all agreeing its a hypothetical because it would take a whole sumer''s worth of establishing a new system. right now 4-4-2 is what we play and will hopefully be enough to get us out of there.