Sign in to follow this  
Winning 25

Howson's bad back

Any new news on his injury. Hughton mention Howson''s going to be out for a while at 1.54 of this you tube link, more than two weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQHIMHoMo8U

Think he''s a big miss and we could really do with him back sooner rather later. Could Gutierrez play his position in a 451?

depends on what type of back injury it is

I tore a muscle in my shoulder blade as was laid up for 4 let alone playing sport

some people slip a disc are of work for months

or he could just have a minor knock

Thanks swindoncanary, although it has E Bennett, supposedly back on the 11th Feb (West Ham away game I think.) Would be happy with that. Turner listed as back on the 23rd Feb too. How accurate is physio room. Surprised to see Bennett that soon!

Out of all the injuries we have had, I think Howson''s has affected us worse. he certainly makes things happen in midfield and chips in with some important goals too.

He''s a big miss.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I have a nasty feeling we won''t see him again this season.[/quote]I always get a bit suspicious when clubs refer in the vaguest terms about injuries, talk about ''tests'', ''assessments'' and the like. And that''s precisely what has been the story as far as this Howson injury has been concerned.I hope you are wrong CK, but I''m not banking on seeing him back in the team any time soon.

I agree Reggie, there has been absolutely no mention of any dates whatsoever, and no mention of a return to light training.

It doesn''t look good, and we desperately need him as part of a 3-man midfield.

[quote user="Winning 25"]Thanks swindoncanary, although it has E Bennett, supposedly back on the 11th Feb (West Ham away game I think.) Would be happy with that. Turner listed as back on the 23rd Feb too. How accurate is physio room. Surprised to see Bennett that soon![/quote]

Whilst Physioroom do not get it spot on they are reasonably reliable. I found them a good resource for fantasy football.

[quote user="I.S."]I agree Reggie, there has been absolutely no mention of any dates whatsoever, and no mention of a return to light training.

It doesn''t look good, and we desperately need him as part of a 3-man midfield.[/quote]Would certainly agree with your final sentiments there, IS. We do look a much more effective unit when Howson is playing, and in his best position.To cut the club some slack, I DO recognise that they do not want to be too specific, as injury healing varies from body to body, and if they announce a date, our friends at the media tend to jump on it and report it as set in stone gospel. But, this Howson injury has been vague even by Physio Room standards !

Back injuries are odd ones, maybe the truth is they don''t entirely know what is wrong and rehab is taking some time.

I doubt we''d shift one of our most promising players unless it was for a stupid amount of money

fingers crossed he is back soon, we do need him - is anyone aware of whether he is back turning up at the training ground as I understood there was a spell when he was resting.

What has been interesting is that we do seem to need all three of the holy trinity;   fer and howson not as effective without tettey,   and vice versa.    Fingers crossed Fers performances pick up with Tetteys return,  I suspect we will look better again with Howson back too,  assuming we dont sign an alternative in the next 36 hrs  

Thats exactly it Zipper, the midfield of Fer, Tettey and Howson seemed to work well and any other combination just doesnt seem to blend, even though in fairness Johnson other than the occasional lapse has performed well over recent weeks, but Fer hes been average, very average during this time. I also think the defence tends to looks generally stronger if Turner plays regardless of who he partners, but Howson is a big miss no doubt. 

I have a friend (yes I know we have been there before) who works at N and N Hospital - also confirmed same thing - has a fracture in his back....don''t know what this means in recovery time but doesn''t sound great!