Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Norwich agree loan deal for Joseph yobo

If we could not get Ciani then Yobo, Dann or Heitenga does not really matter to me as they are all cover players imo. At 33 we appear to be looking for an experieneced head until the summer. A bit like Jonas really. Whether the board are hedging or it''s just a bad time to do business we won''t know until the summer anyway.

Why would CH turn us into "Dad''s Army"? To date he clearly hasnt been doing that..... and its also clear that this is another signing to get us through a tough patch, give us decent cover and some invaluable experience at this stage of the season.

we only have 2 fit (and one of those I think only half fit!!!) centre backs Currently... Yobo is a sensible signing.

the person who said it reminded him of the Roeder days clearly wants Martin Olsson at centre back... played out of position... like Roeder... to cover injuries.

"jas the barclay king

we only have 2 fit (and one of those I think only half fit!!!) centre backs Currently... Yobo is a sensible signing.the person who said it reminded him of the Roeder days clearly wants Martin Olsson at centre back... played out of position... like Roeder... to cover injuries.

let''s put the Doc up front...

[quote user="Hannibal II"]Desperate signing. Reminds me of the Roeder days......[/quote]

Ridiculous comment. Yobo is head and shoulders above (even relatively) any of Roeders signings. His age should not put you off - he''s only a year older than Vidic! CBs can play well into their 30s.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Matt Juler"]I could be wrong, but I believe loans from other European leagues are not officially loans, more short term contracts with a return to sender clause.  So the only player we have on loan as far as the Premier League is concerned in Jonas from Newcastle.[/quote]You are correct, "loans" from abroad are transfers with the promise to return the player to their parent club at the end of the contract.  So they do not count as loans.That being said, very unimpressed by this, he is past it.[/quote]what evidence do you have that he is past it? not being awkward, just interested. Fenerbahce are a considerably bigger side than Norwich and he''s been a starter for them for the last few seasons, so I would be surprised if he is past it.Does anyone regularly watch Turkish football?

Very clever signing, good experienced cover, has premiership experience, ex-Nigerian captain, will lead from the back. He''ll take some bedding to get up to speed but this guy has been world class at times in the past. Very happy with this.

It''s not the most inspiring signing we''ll ever make - BUT - he will hopefully be solid and provide some more than decent cover.

At the moment I think CH is looking to continue keeping it tight at the back (Man City and Liverpool aside) and hope that goals will come.

I feel that going forward we have plenty of talent, however the evidence does contradict me - forever hopeful that last season was CH picking up where PL left off, this season is him shaping and bedding his squad then next season is going to reward us for our patience... too optimistic maybe? 

Was a very good defender in his day and I''m willing to give him a chance, but not optimistic at all about this signing.

Can''t get any minutes at all in a team which plays in a league which made Johan Elmander look like a world beater and hasn''t kicked a ball for Fenerbache since 21st August.

But then maybe a couple of experienced pros in Yobo and Guiterrez isn''t such a bad thing in a young team, with Holt leaving and Hoolahan''s head having been turned. We do have a very young squad and maybe a couple of alpha males will do the dressing room some good.

Only one league and 3 champions league appearance this season,  with his last game the 3-0 defeat to Arsenal on 21st Aug apparently.    Made just 22 appearances since joining them in 2012 suggests that he is very much a fringe player there.

Limited match practice in 5 months suggests at being cover rather than starting I would say.

Stop going on about being a desperate signing, we need cover due to Turner being injured and Ayala leaving so we''ve spent next to no money bringing in a Premier League Experienced defender who will also add a bit of leadership.

Really can''t complain there, McNally has always said he''s not a fan of January window transfers, spend the money better in the summer - clearly they think what we''ve got (with injured players coming back) will be enough to see us up

Hardly an inspiring signing in my opinion. I wouldn''t say it reminds me of the Roeder days but definitely the Worthington days. Only difference is Worthington signed old has beens on a permanent contract.

I thought we were a club that wanted to progress! Not sign 33 year olds from a poor league!

I honestly hope that Hughton is being starved of funds this window so there can be wholesale changes in the summer!

Smacks of not enough money to buy the quality needed to improve our starting 11, given the over inflated prices and players not wanting to move we have a restricted pool of players we can sign.

So bringing in a former international defender with premiership experienced on loan to cover injuries is on paper an OK signing, but another way to see it is that he has not played any part in a poorish league and will need time to get match fit, not so easy for a 33 year old! add to this a 800K fee plus wages and it''s not that cheep!

Really not sure where we are going with these signings, almost a one dimensional squad to suite Hughton''s one dimensional tactics.

Boy what would we give for a marquee signing before the close of business, an Ince or a Holtby!

I think Yobo on loan makes good sense. With Ayala gone and Turner out for a number of weeks, City need cover at CB. I still hope that an ACM will sign but if not at least Jonas can play there if needed, or WL with Pilks in the hole.

if we need cover why let Ayala go in the first place without a replacement before hand? Its hardly the best way to do business and if it any normal place wouldn''t leave themselves short staffed.

i''d rather we spent money on a player who it actually might mean something to if we stayed up rather than a washed up fringe player from a second rate league. Some like Eric Dier from Sporting who has tremendous potential coupled with excellent re-sale profit potential.

I''d also rather we addressed the problem that we don''t score any goals. don''t win games if you don''t score goals. We are still only 5 points from the bottom 3 its worth remembering and have the worst run in of any bottom half team.

A good singing, if an emergency one. I hope that he helps to organise the defence, which lacks leadership unless Martin is playing at CB. It was sad to hear that Turner is "still some weeks" away from returning, so we need cover.

I very much doubt if he will start at Cardiff, if he has played as little football as we have been told. The earliest he can get to training at Colney will be Monday, as they will be travelling tomorrow probably. I suppose he could be on the bench in Cardiff.

I can see Hughton''s reasoning;

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Yobo Bassong Olsson

Whittaker Fer Tettey Johnson Garrido

15 clean sheets, 39 points, job done.

Didn''t West Ham play that formation at Chelsea last night?

Still, at least when they go somewhere like that for a shut out they actually manage to achieve it rather than get hammered!!

[quote user="I.S."]Bennett is our player and I believe is personally stronger than Bassong at the moment.[/quote]Seriously????

[quote user="Hannibal II"]if we need cover why let Ayala go in the first place without a replacement before hand? Its hardly the best way to do business and if it any normal place wouldn''t leave themselves short staffed.

i''d rather we spent money on a player who it actually might mean something to if we stayed up rather than a washed up fringe player from a second rate league. Some like Eric Dier from Sporting who has tremendous potential coupled with excellent re-sale profit potential.

I''d also rather we addressed the problem that we don''t score any goals. don''t win games if you don''t score goals. We are still only 5 points from the bottom 3 its worth remembering and have the worst run in of any bottom half team.[/quote]we should get in players like that at the end of season when their prices aren''t inflated.For now, the club is right to concentrate on experienced players who can make a short-term difference quickly.

Bennett is our best CB, I find it hard to believe people think otherwise, but each to their own

We need defensive cover for the rest of the season. If we can''t get in a genuine international-class CB at the moment - and on a permanent deal we really need to be looking at the likes of Alderweireld and nothing lower if we''re to progress - then an experienced CB like Yobo with a good reputation who''s got one final shot at the World Cup as a pretty strong motivation to perform, is a very good signing for the rest of the season. Would''ve preferred Heitinga, but I''m certainly more excited about signing Yobo than the likes of Scott Dann.