Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Norwich agree loan deal for Joseph yobo

If any truth in it, whilst not a "number 10", would be a quality signing and an indocation that Turner will be out for longer than expected.. 

Well certainly not a long term option but given our current situation I guess that''s no surprise.

Hopefully they can concentrate on the player we really need now.

http://www.sondakika.com/haber/haber-fenerbahceli-yobo-norwich-city-ile-anlasti-5607071/

Fenerbahçe''s Nigerian footballer Joseph Yobo, England Norwich City team had agreed to go as a rental.

Fenerbahçe''s Nigerian defender Joseph Yobo, the annual 800 thousand euro charge for Norwich City have reached an agreement.

According to a report in Milliyet, Fenerbahce for the transfer of management and E do not allow lateral is expected.  Yobo will go as a rental if the check arrived. There are negotiations between the two clubs.

Also linked with Cardiff, sounds like another player not getting a game at the moment who''s agent is putting in the shop window.

As an aside, his current club Fenerbahçe are known as the Yellow Canaries.

I lived in Turkey and still follow Fener as a kind of second team. Yobo not got in the squad this season but he was absolutely excellent for them for the few years previous to that. I will be pleased if this is true.

I could be wrong, but I believe loans from other European leagues are not officially loans, more short term contracts with a return to sender clause.  So the only player we have on loan as far as the Premier League is concerned in Jonas from Newcastle.

Matt, I think that''s the case. Fairly sure deals from external leagues are not domestic loans per se, and hence do not count towards the relevant limits.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I could be wrong, but I believe loans from other European leagues are not officially loans, more short term contracts with a return to sender clause.  So the only player we have on loan as far as the Premier League is concerned in Jonas from Newcastle.[/quote]You are correct, "loans" from abroad are transfers with the promise to return the player to their parent club at the end of the contract.  So they do not count as loans.That being said, very unimpressed by this, he is past it.

Good signing as cover - experienced and a decent pedigree. Hope he''s not in the squad ahead of Bennett though.

[quote user="I.S."]Good signing as cover - experienced and a decent pedigree. Hope he''s not in the squad ahead of Bennett though.[/quote]

What if he''s better than Bennett?

Bennett is our player and I believe is personally stronger than Bassong at the moment. Would rather that we develop our own players than a loanee.

My Nigerian colleague at work says he''s currently out of favour with the head coach of the national side and has been told he needs to get regular football if he wants to make it to the World Cup.

[quote user="I.S."]Bennett is our player and I believe is personally stronger than Bassong at the moment. Would rather that we develop our own players than a loanee.[/quote]

Nah. Bassong has been better.

I think Yobo will probably be backup but if they''re looking to replace anyone it''ll be Bennett.

[quote user="I.S."]Good signing as cover - experienced and a decent pedigree. Hope he''s not in the squad ahead of Bennett though.[/quote]That''s the way I see it too, if true, IS. This guy is certainly past his best, but knows his way round a Premier League football match. Always looked pretty sound in an Everton shirt. A good ''cover'' signing. At the risk of being called a conspiracy theorist, unless there is a flurry of significant permanent signings in the next 36 hrs, this window is shaping up to be one of the board hedging their bets for major changes over the summer.

Fair enough GJP, I think Bennett has been more reliable the Bassong, and has a lot of potential, but we all see the game differently.

Ideal loan signing for us given Turner''s injury though, that much we can agree on.

Reggie, I''m not sure the lack of permanent signings is more to do with the inflated January prices than the board hedging their bets.

I''m sure they''re backing their manager, but if you are right and they don''t want to let him spend, they might have well already sacked him!

Fenerbahce_EN ‏@Fenerbahce_EN 34m

#Transfer : Fenerbahce SK has begun to talks with Premier Leagues''s Norwich City for the loan of Joseph Yobo.

Details

[quote user="I.S."]I''m sure they''re backing their manager, but if you are right and they don''t want to let him spend, they might have well already sacked him![/quote]That, in essence is the point I''m making, IS. They are backing him.....but only up to a point . Does rather suggest that they are at least considering the possibility that there might be a new man who''ll need cash to splash in the summer ?But, yes, I''ll concede that the Jan window does tend to be a ''bargain-free zone''.

The names we''ve been linked with (Heitinga, Yobo, Whelan) imply that the board are open to the possibility of a new manager – older, more experienced players, mostly on loan, who might offer us enough steel to keep us in the division. That way, if we stay up, there will be a decent budget for a new manager in the summer, when better value can generally be found.

If he comes, make sure nobody calls Rooney a fat b*stard this time, we don''t want the racist tag again!

To be fair most of the deals being completed are either of low value,  of low quality players (eg Ngog) or on a loan basis so our approach is no different from most.

If he has not played he wont be match fit so am not sure he will be starting just yet,  but with a poss world cup place on offer he should be pushing for a starting place, which should keep both current starters on their toes - that can only be a good thing.     From memory his pace was already going when he was at Everton so that element would be a concern - but his experience could be invaluable.

A cost effective way of boosting a threadbare part of the squad.

If all we have to pay is his wages then happy days, he''s an experienced operator who''s played in the prem before.

Whats the point in paying over the odds for a player now when all deals can be done in a more relaxed manner in the summer.

Still think a strong midfielder to allow Fer his more natural attacking role would be a great help to the squad, i know Fer played as centre half earlier in his career but as a defensive mid he looks like he doesnt know whether he wants a Sh1t,Shave or a haircut, but maybe with Tettey coming back its not so urgent. We do have quite a decent squad when everyone is fit.