Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Lewis Holtby

Not a rumour, speculation or anything like that, just curious as to peoples thoughts.Only 23, nearly 200 odd appearances in Germany/England, 30 odd goals, European experience, German U21 Captain and has played for the National side.Apparently Spurs are only after £5.5 million and Fulham (Fulham!!!) are after him.Surely this is the type of signing we should be capable of looking at these days. Isn''t it? [^o)]

fulham have a habit of buying rejects..

Berbatov, Andy Cole, Parker....

holtby will love scoring against peterborough in the championship next season.

''Borussia Dortmund will move for unsettled Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby, 23, before the transfer window closes on Friday.''
Is on the BBC Gossip Column, only from the Daily Mail. But still, I would have thought he could attract that kind of club.

Would certainly bring a bit of life to our midfield which we are very much in need of because Johnson doesn''t have enough in his locker and Fer has been quite pedestrian lately.

Fulham may be a convenience move (and a loan I understand) if a permanent return to Schalke cant be agreed.   However I would like to think that we have at least had a conversation with spurs / agent about at least a loan too...

like I have said many times a lot of his family live in Norfolk so would be good for him to move here I just feel our tactics style of play puts players off ? why would a flair player move here ??

He''d be just the guy we need.

I can''t help but think that if we''d got Shelvey and not Elmander, we''d be scoring more at the moment. Holtby is that type of link up man.

I would like to think we could at least have a try for Holtby, even if it was a loan move. Would be a massive long shot as I think he should end up at someone better, but worth a try none the less.

If not how about for Tom Ince? Do you reckon we''ll have a go for him? He''s been mentioned a few times on this board and he''s supposedly having talks with Hull and Stoke today - neither of whom are a step up from us.

Would obviously be a great signing but he''s a higher level player and could play for several big clubs with Champions League aspirations.

There at several spare midfielders at Spurs I''d like see us get on loan at least.

if tom ince was your son would you let him move here when hughton is still here ? 

he would be put on a defence tactics course at colney by Calderwood and hoots instead of joining another team who will let him express himself play his natural game play to his strengths and progress his career !

Would love it, but cant see it happening - BUT if they want 5.5mil, we surely have to offer that? If they say no then fine, but would show our intent, and they may just accept

EXACTLY who we need to finally feed the strikers with something other than a cross coming in from a wide position, Imagine Holtby and Howson pushing on with Fer in front of the back 4, far too attacking I know but can''t a guy dream?!

Seems his agent and Spurs both want to send him out on loan to get regular football. We need someone to knit the midfield to the striker(s). Just sell Wes to offset some of the loan fee and wages and Bob''s your Uncle!!

I honestly think that some time in Norfolk with close family around him would do him good !

not like he will lose out on money why go somewhere else for the last months of the season when you can stay in your own house herts / London travel up for  training stay in Norwich then back home when you have some days off and see your cousins in Norwich while you are at it if that was a choice for me I would come BUT playing in our team with our manager his tactics more defence than attack would that do his career any good ? I think if we had a more free flowing team then maybe yes but not with the tactics we play ........

Maybe a loan might work and then hopefully he might then fancy making it permanent. Clearly the type of player that we need, but would Hughton be able to get the best out of him?

There is no way our club could get close to competing for him on a permanent basis...........a loan would have to heavily subsidised by Spurs...so, this one is a non starter.

It''s would a logical move for everyone:

Holtby goes to a club in the top flight where he will get first team football, in an area where his extended family live.

Norwich get that creative and exciting midfielder we are lacking

Spurs strengthen a team that could take points off their rivals (while not being able to face them in the city spurs match) and get to send him to a former coach.

.... Maybe just maybe someone at the club might have noticed we might have a shot at getting him in. Maybe I''m dreaming.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]There is no way our club could get close to competing for him on a permanent basis...........a loan would have to heavily subsidised by Spurs...so, this one is a non starter.[/quote]
Firstly, what wage is he on? How do you know? What would we be willing to pay? How do you know?
And if Spurs let him go out on loan, its because they want him too. They will only send him to a team who will play him, and they will almost certainly subsidise his wages.
I agree, it almost certainly is a non-starter. But not because of his wages.

We wont get him, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt bid.Holtby for us would be the clincher in this squad, and for 5.5 million and despite the big wage payout he would be a steal. Then again we have that wonderfully self created hole to fill at centre back before that will happen....

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 29/01/2014 7:25 PM:

"I agree, it almost certainly is a non-starter. But not because of his wages."

But because of???

We''ve been linked to him today.

''Fulham have been tipped to sign the midfielder on loan, but it is claimed that Canaries boss Chris Hughton has launched a pre-deadline bid to take him to Carrow Road for the rest of the season.''

London based newspaper.

Please let it be true.