Sign in to follow this  
RichT - The Biscuit

Villa Fans - Not very bright or arrogant?

Having read through some of the pages on Villa Talk, and there are a lot of pages.....they seem to suggest that they have some sort of right to have Wes because they are Villa and we are just being petty by not letting him go.

Appreciate it might look petty but we have an asset (ie Wes) and he has a value that we want to get for him, if this value isn''t met then there is no conversation to be had. As he is our asset, we have a right to say whether we want to let him go or not and unfortunately for him he has little or no say about it as he signed a new contract which tied him to us for another 18mths.

Had they made us an offer that met our valuation and we still didn''t want to sell then again we have the right due to his contract......

However, had they made us an offer that met our valuation and we did want to sell but not to them then I can see their point. But everything is pointing to a below value offer being made and then getting Wes to do the rest by kicking off about wanting to go and not being allowed, ie trying to force the issues.

If that is the case, then he loses all my respect and he is being played by them.

All the talk is about us being petty and looking silly, so coming back to my question, not very bright or arrogant??

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Fair point, and guess there are some on every forum......

Thanks for your input, do you know how long it took me to type that on an ipad mini......[/quote]Hell of a lot less than I''d take......... if I knew what one of those was in the first place [:D]

The Black Country factories put a lot of smoke into the air during the industrial revolution and there is evidence to suggest that has caused major brain damage over generations.

You could further hypothesise that this is why they have an accent like a normal person that''s been hit in the face with a frying pan.

Quite, IS, I think some of them may well be both.

I dont agree at all with the assumption that we are being petty, but who gives a crap if we are? It is up to the club how it behaves, what it does, who we sell, and who to - not Villa or its jumped-up supporters.

I do hope that we don''t sell him, and the right noises can be made to make up between Wes and the club. He is a decent squad player and could yet play a part in the remainder of the season. But it is up to him.

Rather a large amount from column A and column B if their forum is anything to go by. The one or two reasoned posts shine out like beacons, I''m genuinely stunned by the level stupidity.

Have made my mind up, not very bright!

They haven''t been able to work out that all Hoolahan is doing with his outburst is to make an enemy of the board, McNally, Hughton etc and make himself unpickable and unpopular.

All this Norwich being petty stuff is an obvious assumption to make, maybe, just maybe the club has no desire because they want him to stay and play.

Although the more Hoolahan talks more bridges he will burn and if he doesn''t get sold he has some making up to do to not spend the rest of the season playing for the Under 21''s or to be loaned out to some championship team!!

It''s funny that on the one side they want to think of themselves as a big club, on the other hand they are trying to buy a 31 year old midfielder from us who is clearly now just a squad player, how big is that ?

Also a bit thick TBH that they can''t understand why we are not willing to weaken our squad, and strenghten theirs, with only 1/3rd of the season to go, for an offer of money which is peanuts in the big scheme of things.

I have always found Aston Villa fans to be probably the most deluded in England. When David O''Leary joined the club, he received a letters from some fans saying they expected Champions League qualification, when he had only 16 professionals on the books and probably the weakest squad in the division. He kept them up and said that he felt he''d done a good job, but he had started getting hate mail. Many years ago I used to post on 606 and was always amazed by how much Villa fans overrated their very average players and how deluded they were over how big their club was (Im reminded of the start of Mr Cholmondley-Warner on Harry Enfield, where the UK is portrayed on the globe as being almost the size of Africa). They would always respond to criticism of their team and players with the same line - you dont know what you''re talking about, we watch these players every week, we know how good they are - failing to appreciate of course that they dont watch everybody elses players every week so dont have a balanced opinion.