Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

He looks relaxed and confident..

Hoot''s demeanor doesn''t suggest he''s buckling under pressure like some of our posters are..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXEO7TvNiuE&feature=youtu.be

Snoddy did well too in his interview and obviously appreciated the support he got from our blanket corner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dflJGjeLLw&feature=youtu.be

Interesting tunnel cam showing Snoddy being calmed down at half-time. The guy really cares...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_WODus6Gg4&feature=youtu.be

Nutty, it was really nice to see how the Newcastle players responded to Chris Hughton in the tunnel. Obviously a lot of good feelings remain there.

Great stuff nutty. While folk on here are wurryin about stats like how many times Wes headers the ball and how many Ruddy passes go astray, he''s talking about tea and sandwiches and cakes. You gotta love the guy. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Great stuff nutty. While folk on here are wurryin about stats like how many times Wes headers the ball and how many Ruddy passes go astray, he''s talking about tea and sandwiches and cakes. You gotta love the guy. [:D][/quote]Probably knows more about tea and cake than he does football , not being backed in the window means he is as good as unemployed.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="lappinitup"]Great stuff nutty. While folk on here are wurryin about stats like how many times Wes headers the ball and how many Ruddy passes go astray, he''s talking about tea and sandwiches and cakes. You gotta love the guy. [:D][/quote]Probably knows more about tea and cake than he does football , not being backed in the window means he is as good as unemployed.[/quote]

This.

Damning that Snodgrass mentioned "the manager" in his interview too. Look at his body language throughout, clearly things are amiss, he even said he loves being here which we all know means the exact opposite.

Be a Celtic player by tomorrow afternoon.

Its great to see players and manager as human beings - something a lot of fans seem to forget when they are passing insulting comments around.  Things may be difficult for the manager and players, but as long as they are giving everything to the cause, then they have my vote.   I''ve criticised Snodgrass before, but he has gone up in my estimation as a result of his little spat and the resultant emotion shown. 

The thing I liked was that it was Elliot Bennett that was reassuring Snodgrass.

He is still playing a part. He could have been less present but ever since his injury he has been there supporting the rest of the team. A good positive chap.

[quote user="chicken"]The thing I liked was that it was Elliot Bennett that was reassuring Snodgrass.

He is still playing a part. He could have been less present but ever since his injury he has been there supporting the rest of the team. A good positive chap.[/quote]I follow Elliot on twitter and he comes across as a thoroughly decent fella.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="chicken"]The thing I liked was that it was Elliot Bennett that was reassuring Snodgrass. He is still playing a part. He could have been less present but ever since his injury he has been there supporting the rest of the team. A good positive chap.[/quote]

I follow Elliot on twitter and he comes across as a thoroughly decent fella.
[/quote]

Yes, I like this young man too. I hope things work out such that he stays a member of the squad for a good number of years.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="chicken"]The thing I liked was that it was Elliot Bennett that was reassuring Snodgrass. He is still playing a part. He could have been less present but ever since his injury he has been there supporting the rest of the team. A good positive chap.[/quote]I follow Elliot on twitter and he comes across as a thoroughly decent fella.[/quote]

Yes, I like this young man too. I hope things work out such that he stays a member of the squad for a good number of years.

[/quote]He has been a big loss to the squad this season, I think a lot underestimate just how much.

I somehow missed the but where Snoddy is being calmed down by Benno.. Where is that?

Also I wonder how Jonas Guitierrez was feeling in that tunnel? Must''ve been a bit odd. You don''t think about that side of things for loan players but when you see them like that it makes you think. For example, he must have felt a conflict of interests. Would he have felt like saying encouraging words to both sets of players? Or just keep schtum all the time? I bet he''d rather have sat and watched the game with his Newcastle mates too, in all honesty. Note I am in no way doubting his professionalism, just talking about things on a purely human level.

“We have certainly altered the system this season. I don’t think anybody could accuse us of not playing an offensive team with two up front for long periods and two wingers."

Conclusive proof Hughton doesnt frequent this forum!!

The respect and affection shown to Hughton by Newcastle players was an eye opener.

I will have to have a think on this now.

Hughton is a good manager, stick with him and get behind him. You can see there how much respect he has from the Newcastle players, the likes of Ben Arfa for example who says Hughton was a big part of why he joined.

He is trying to get yous playing good football, as an outsider I can see that. Still think you need a creative midfielder and a better centre-half but Jan is difficult as we all know. Overall, is he doing that bad a job really? He has rebuilt your side since he came in and there are clearly some areas that need to be addressed but it takes time and investment. Sigurdson or however it''s spelt would be a good signing I think. Would be a good signing for us too.