Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Will Whoots be in charge until he takes us down?

Whenever that might be? I can''t believe the clueless dipstick is still foisting his drivel on us.

You might think that the penny would have dropped for our board before now. But not a bit of it. Wake me up when the nightmare is over

I honestly think that he will be here until we are in the bottom 3 for a period of time lets just hope that''s not the last weeks of the season and the board turn round and say well he was doing well till then !

I honestly believe McSOFTy will keep him until we are in the bottom 3 be it this year next year or year after I honestly believe they think he is doing a good job !

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I have a horrible feeling that we won''t drop into the bottom

3 until we''re into that final run of nasty fixtures.[/quote]Somebody with some insight , its as clear as day we will hit the bottom 3 and when we do it will be to late to do anything about it , If there is another team in the Prem playing football as 5hite as what we are serving up i have not seen them .Cardiff will spank us this weekend and if the Board do not take action then i can only assume they want to be a league lower next season .

I agree then the board will say we didn''t know until the last mouth then it was to late ! should have been gone months ago he will not progress the club ok he might just keep us up he did last year and well done for that and well done for being 12th but it isn''t really 12th is it ! its 12th with aload of clubs behind us and some finding form and us playing terrible might be enough JUST but cannot go on next season

Awful though our performances have been of late, it''s not inconceivable that we could scrap together enough points to stay up. Say what you like about the tactics, but Hughton does have a habit of pulling results out of the bag when we really need them. I think it''s too late to change manager now unless we have a string of awful performances and results, and I''m just hoping beyond hope that we manage to scrape home.Trouble is, if the fans force him out through protest, we might end up in a Wolves-style scenario where nobody wants the responsibility of a failing squad in a closed transfer window, and we end up with an untried ''caretaker'' or a knee-jerk appointment. However, if the fans stay quiet and suck it up, that gives the board licence to bury their heads in the sand and continue with the status quo. Personally, I can''t take much more of this style of play; for years I said I''d rather be in the Championship than watching Pulis-style football, and questioning how those Stoke fans put up with it week in, week out. To be honest, we''re more toothless than a Pulis side; even though Pulis football is ugly as sin, at least it puts other teams on the back foot. We play long, hopeful balls into the channels, for wingers who can''t cross to attempt to provide strikers who actually want ball to feet down the middle. We stand off, endlessly funnelling back the moment possession is lost, which further endorses the ''damage limitation'' mentality that seems to have engulfed us.

Of all the years of supporting and watching MY club I have NEVER experienced a management team like our present ones.

That includes the Grants,Roeders,Gunns Hamiltons etc.

They seem like vampires, to be slowly draining the lifeblood from team and club.

Insipid describes them and most of our performances

The interviews given are reflected at most times on the pitch, passionless and dour.

If as much time was given to our strengths as are given and analysed of our opposition, then we would be top 10, no problem.

I am getting so I don''t care about being 12th or wherever PLEASE  PLEASE can we,the loyal fans, have OUR team back.

It is the damage that he is doing to the squad that should also be of concern. It cannot be a coincidence that players like RVW and Becchio have simply flopped, as to be honest has Fer. What I don''t understand (or perhaps do) is this endless warbling on about formations 442, 43215 etc which are meaningless the moment the game starts. It is what the manager is asking the players to do that counts and in this respect it is clear that man marking is out - maybe as Hughton thinks that man for man they will be beaten so best to back off and funnel back.But it means conversely when we have the ball we stay in those positions so to always be able to block the space between the ball and the goal. This is destroying the players who you can see have little initiative or flair, and as with throw ins (highlighted today) we are stuck in te same old predictable routine.I have always held that the difference between Lambert and Hughton is that the former installed a belief that we could beat anyone and so encouraged the players to play that way, whereas Hughton has it that anyone can beat us so he enforces his defeatist style on the playersIt matters little how the players line up or any mumbo jumbo about inverted or perverted wingers and number 10s (?). It is the approach the manager is taking as that will determine what happens during the game ................. sadly so many now see to have lost (don''t have) any understanding of the game.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I have a horrible feeling that we won''t drop into the bottom

3 until we''re into that final run of nasty fixtures.[/quote]Somebody with some insight , its as clear as day we will hit the bottom 3 and when we do it will be to late to do anything about it , If there is another team in the Prem playing football as 5hite as what we are serving up i have not seen them .Cardiff will spank us this weekend and if the Board do not take action then i can only assume they want to be a league lower next season .[/quote]

"Its as clear as day we will hit the bottom 3"

that is all, just wanted this quote to be highlighted. we''re mid table and you say this...dear oh dear

Mid table currently, yes, but that doesn''t paint the whole picture.

We''re 6 points off the bottom and with our run in we have effectively 10 games left (11 if you think we''ll get anything at Craven Cottage) to get another 14-16 points.

We are behind the curve of where we need to be and any and all concern is warranted.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Of all the years of supporting and watching MY club I have NEVER experienced a management team like our present ones.

That includes the Grants,Roeders,Gunns Hamiltons etc.

They seem like vampires, to be slowly draining the lifeblood from team and club.

Insipid describes them and most of our performances

The interviews given are reflected at most times on the pitch, passionless and dour.

If as much time was given to our strengths as are given and analysed of our opposition, then we would be top 10, no problem.

I am getting so I don''t care about being 12th or wherever PLEASE  PLEASE can we,the loyal fans, have OUR team back.

[/quote]This is a brilliant post absolute spot on!

If you are talking avoiding relegation then it is more a case of around 12 points based on historical results, which is still around 46 points over a season. I think we will do it, but us that really what we should be aiming at ? Matching the ever so ''umble''s belief that 17th is good enough for the likes of us.

ps I would have thought it would be ''below the cuve'' if you are talking a graph

Mrs Miggins - don''t you trust your eyes to tell you what you see? Are you blind to last night''s performance?

It is now more about performance than points because the performances will define the future and with those that I have seen recently there is absolutely no doubt that the points will stop coming.

How ever many goals do you think Manchester City would have scored against us in the first half last night? It would have been extremely embarrassing for all players and supporters.

To say we were lucky is a massive understatement. We must have used a whole season''s luck in one half and that level of luck certainly can''t last for ever.

Unless changes are made I see a very sad future for everybody concerned.

"CanaryOne"

Mid table my arse , after the next 3 games we will at best be a point maybe 2 above the drop zone .

What, like we have been all season?

[quote user="Herman "]"CanaryOne"

Mid table my arse , after the next 3 games we will at best be a point maybe 2 above the drop zone .

What, like we have been all season?[/quote]Wait and see , Cardiff and West Ham will beat us with ease and if we play like we did last night against Man City the Binners could eventually lose their record .

It''s only ever going to be the board that will make the decision to part ways with Hughton (unless he does a Lambert) and so whilst we are above the relegation zone he is going to be ok for the rest of this season at least.

It''s such a strange situation we have at the moment. From 11th to 20th there are such few points that a few bad weeks can take a team from mid to bottom of the table. Palace and Sunderland with new managers are improving well and look to be out of the relegation places now. Cardiff and WHam are falling to the bottom. It''s so close that unless we make the most of every opportunity we may find ourselves in big trouble very quickly.

I think the board realise this but whilst we are mid table no matter if it''s 4 or 5 points from the bottom three Hughton will still be here. If we go down I think it will be finalised in the last 4 or 5 weeks and too late to do anything.

I''m pretty sure he is safe for this season - if not the board are leaving it dangerously late to act. The big concern is does he get the chance to carry on with his brand of awful cautious dross, that some might call football, next season? With any luck if we do go down he will be gone, but if our Premiership status is preserved the board will probably decide to stick with the nitwit.

Never mind.

The answer is "Yes". The Board had one or two opportunities, and he managed to get a point or two, so they delayed. It must surely be too late now, unless we lose the next two or three games and languish 18th to 20th.

Any replacement will have too little time to re-build the team in skill and confidence, especially as the last few games are very difficult. We need four or more wins, but where are they to come from?

My fear is that he does his Houdini act at the end, as he did last year, and he stays. I now have little hope or expectation that he can do anything with the present players, or even new ones.