Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Sigurdsson available

Sherwood has said he''s open to offers. Why on earth don''t we have a go for him? He would be the perfect signing to bridge the gap between the strikers and midfielders!

In our dreams, will probably end up back at Swansea, too high wages I expect.

If by some chance he came here, that would make me a happy bunny :-)

But I won''t hold my breath.

Exactly, it''s not like we''re short of money. Are the board deaf to the flat atmosphere at Carrow Road? It is the most poisonous thing in football to have a bad atmosphere at games and if they don''t get someone in to lift the team and the crowd (Jonas is a good buy, but he''s not that guy) then I fear a bad run in.

We could open the bidding at £6m and £50k a week wages for 3 years. A real statement of intent and a confidence that would swell around the place that we will stay up.

It wouldn''t be £6m down the drain either, he''d be an asset, a player who could easily be worth treble that given the right platform.

Do you reckon we''ve got 13/14 mil to spend in Jan Jimmy?

[quote user="I.S."]Do you reckon we''ve got 13/14 mil to spend in Jan Jimmy?[/quote]

Read my post again, does it mention £13/14m?

I think we could easily have £10m if we wanted to spend it. £50k a week translates to £2.5m a year. This would be offset slightly by allowing Wes his move.

How about a loan for Sigurdsson with view to permenant? We pay his £50k for 5 months (£1m) and give spurs another hundred k for the next five months with an option to buy for £7.5m.

Spurs free up some wage money and have potential to either get £8m from us or £0.5m plus £1m wages saved and a match fit player back.

We get a class player to revitalise the team. There is no other team in the league that needs him more than us.

Sigurdsson gets the first team football he''s looking for that he isn''t getting at Tottenham.

If we go down, we send him back but go down having tried our best to stay up.

If we stay up, we can afford to buy him outright and we''d most likely have a decent asset on our hands that Spurs just can''t provide a platform for when they have the likes of Eriksen playing.

2.5m x 3 + 6m = 13.5m?

Would love to see him here, but can''t see us being able to afford him on a perm.

You don''t pay up a contract straight away though surely? If we went down and needed to sell, I can''t see us struggling for suitors.

In that case, I do believe the £13/£14m is there. Ranocchia was rumoured for £8.6m and the wages would no doubt make the rest up.

As i''ve said though, a loan deal with view to perm deal would be the best way.

Any deal would mean Wes would be allowed to leave, he''s on about £25k a week? 18 months left? That''s £2m saved. A fee of £1.5m takes that to £3.5m and we have the money to get Siggy on loan and some to spare.

The permenant deal would be a prize for survival for ourselves. Relegation and we''ve got plenty that would be good enough for the championship that would willingly stay.

right player we should push the boat out other teams are why are we sitting watching ! 6 million is not going to break the bank ! ( I dont know that 110 % ) the only worry I have is we haven''t the manager to use him correctly that I think is why these players are going elsewhere hughton used to have a pull on players a lot wanted to come play for him I don''t think that is the case now if you are outside looking in ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]right player we should push the boat out other teams are why are we sitting watching ! 6 million is not going to break the bank ! ( I dont know that 110 % ) the only worry I have is we haven''t the manager to use him correctly that I think is why these players are going elsewhere hughton used to have a pull on players a lot wanted to come play for him I don''t think that is the case now if you are outside looking in ?[/quote]

Why not a very good player indeed and proven at this level

Obviously we wouldn''t but I am imagining the club actually have to budget for being able to pay his wages over the duration of his contract.

Or, we could just do what other clubs do and spend more than our income on wages?

Excellent link up player, could be just what we need if we could afford him. Might improve the efficacy of RvW and Hooper, since we have no-one creative to play behind them, especially if we lose Wes. Remember how troublesome he was to us at WHL?

Would be a no brainer buy for us based on ability alone, but would he want to come and would the board be willing to pay his wages?

Well if Mcnally wants to back up his "suicide is better than relegation" I would hope the board have backed the manager with funds.

As has been said, Siggy would be a steal, an attacking player with flair and eye for goal, and an asset with his age. A couple of loan signings send out a real message of contradiction to Mcnally''s statement

I have to say it has been very much all talk and no action regarding the January window. I don''t buy into this "being held to ransom" argument, there are deals out there and viable ones too.

Looking at City and the Fernando deal, Maybe Rodwell could be an option as he''ll be further down the pecking order now.

Rodwell''s the only "enquiry" I''ve heard we''ve made. Not exactly what we need, but a more solid midfield than Johnson?

"To high wages" surely not were debt free maybe let a couple of fringe players go and put their wage savings towards sigurdsson''s. Good player sign him and then I''m fine with wes going wherever as it''s a STEP UP rather than the typically Norwich sideways step.

[quote user="Troll-op"]"To high wages" surely not were debt free maybe let a couple of fringe players go and put their wage savings towards sigurdsson''s. Good player sign him and then I''m fine with wes going wherever as it''s a STEP UP rather than the typically Norwich sideways step.[/quote]

How about getting the Sigurdsson loan sorted ASAP and let Wes go to Villa for that 1 million? Free up some of the wage needed and cover any fees?

It will never happen, we can all dream, more likely to see RVW loaned out and Hietinger signed as cover!