Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Who is our ACTUAL worst signing?

Peter Thorne was pretty awful.

Graham Stuart was crap in the PL.

Otsemebor is one of the worst players I''ve seen in the shirt.

Jason Jarrett still takes it for me though,

If it goes on value for money / return on investment then at £8.5m per goal so far then RvW has to be in the frame...at this point anyway...hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Apologies for offending any happy clappers...but just saying what many pundits are, that it''s one hell of a long settling in period.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I occasionally watch a few Notts County games while at uni and the other day was very much entertained watching our old captain Fozzy attempt to ''boss'' the midfield. His performance reminded me of how absolutely woeful he really was here. The county fans I spoke to could not believe he had ever played championship level, let alone as captain.[/quote]

Yup.

But at the time I can remember people on here saying they rate him. Things like "He can put his foot on the ball and spread the play" etc.

If Ricky were to continue playing the rest of the season without scoring and then left, he''d be up there in my book simply because of sheer expectation.

A comparable signing was when Chelsea got Shevchenko, the worlds best striker. He was supposed to rip the league up. In 2 years in all competitions he got 20 goals and 11 assists in 51 games over 2 seasons. Not bad hey! If that was the wolfs record, we''d be buzzing, but big fees equal big expectations, he should have been on double that amount of goals. A few were in other competitions too, i.e. the Torres syndrome from last year. People forget he got 22 goals last season!

I didn''t see that much of him, and don''t know if my recollection has become harsher over time, but Matty Pattinson is one that always sticks in my mind. I swear one game all he did was hit these lovely long cross field passes straight to the fifth row. Combined with the fact that I remember him as someone who was always so obviously trying his heart out it somehow made the fact that he was just technically rubbish all the more obvious. Actually it''s quite a fond memory! Always brings a smile to my face!

i dunno about worst signing, but otsemobor was truly awful, had so much pace that he never used. I''ll never forget in our relegation season when we kicked off we passed it back to the midfield who then passed it to otsemobor, who passed it to the GK, then back to otsemobor who then didn''t know what to do so kicked it halfway between the defence and GK so the oppositions striker just had to keep the ball and put it into the net.

Goal time= 42 seconds

[quote user="Le Juge"]Surely he means Mattias Jonsson?[/quote]

Agreed. No way was Svensson (or however you spell it) a disaster. A good signing. Jonsson was awful.

I cant even begin to single out a "worst" player. Hang on , yes I can, Steve Walsh.

[quote user="mrdi"]Hard to single out a single player, so how about this for a team:

MANAGER: Bryan Gunn (bless him, but...)

GK: Michael Theoklitos

DF: Paul Blades

DF: Steve Walsh

DF: Adrian Leijer

DF: Juan Velasco

MF: Carl Robinson

MF: Julian Brellier

MF: Jason Jarrett

ST: Chris Brown

ST: Dean Coney

ST: Ade Akinbiyi[/quote]

First off, it''s a disgrace you even put Gunn''s name anywhere near that list.

Hamilton and Roeder were far worse considering that the two had experience. Gunn''s appointment was his first, and smacked more of him stepping up to do a job when the club was on the brink. He may not have done a great job but he is yellow and green through and through.

Roeder on the other hand appeared to hate our fans.

I also wouldn''t put Carl Robinson in there. We have had worse midfielders. The chap we signed from Charlton in the premiership season. 35 and well past his best, signed on to the end of the season when if memory serves me right, he retired.

Chicken, think that was Graham Stuart?

Muzinic for me. Club record fee and was woeful despite Bond playing him in just about every position to see if we could find, somewhere, a footballer in there.

Fash memorably said that he hadn''t signed Muzinic but had signed his milkman.

Bloody hell, we really did have some shockers between say 2007-2009.

David Mooney and Alan Gow, who I''d totally forgotten about (and didn''t want to be reminded of!)

Chris Killen?

Juan Valesco?

And who can forget that we actually did end up signing Carl Cort.

It''s little wonder why 2009-2011 were so enjoyable after seeing the above in action. And it''s amazing how we weren''t relegated sooner, surely some of the worst players ever. When they do those "worst team XIs" we could literally pick them from those years.

omg i had forgotten so many bad players, steve walsh lol

The worst i could think of were fernando derveld (altho i think we managed to sell him to wba for a profit and did he score an own goal for us?/) and simon tracey was terrible for us

old ottoson

I get right to the end of the thread before finding the worst player imo . Fernando Derveld truely awful

I''d like to actually defend Akinbiyi''s inclusion in this list, simply because he was a trainee and came through the youth system, so not really technically a signing. If we go down that route, there''s all manner of names that can be brought into it....

Chicken - take sentiment out of it a minute. That Gunny is rightfully a legend for our club as a player and ambassador doesn''t take away from the fact that as manager, his short reign was a disaster that never should have been allowed to happen. Replace Gunny with anyone not previously associated with Norwich, you''d find it hard to look at the stats & facts and disagree.

Roeder was the biggest c*nt I can remember but that''s a different thread altogether.

Robinson was awful. So was Stuart, I agree.

Akinbiyi was exciting as a prospect but being homegrown doesn''t change how I see players. I know what I saw.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Sutch for example, there has never ever been a worse player over such a sustained period.[/quote]

Agreed. Over 300 appearances. I can only remember 1 good game.