Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Who is our ACTUAL worst signing?

I can remember so many. Would be a bit harsh to mention John Hartson considering he may well have been playing with cancer, but Sibierski needs a mention.

For me the worst signing that I can remember is Steve Walsh. Was about 5 years past his sell by date and apparently cost us hundreds of thousands in wages for 4 appearances.

Any other candidates?

George McClean for me. A true carthorse of a player.

Not many will remember his brief period in the yellow but I do for one reason.

There I was behind the railing at the front as all ten years old supporters were in those days.

The ball was passed to him near the touchline and he mis-controlled it for a throw in.

Suddenly as his eyes met mine he said quite loudly, "Oh f-ck."

Coming from one of the heroes this was quite a traumatic moment for a mere youngster.

It has effected me badly ever since. For that reason George gets my vote.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Harold Kane in recent Times, David Strihavka and Steve Walsh[/quote]

Big Dave never got the chance, when he did he won us 3 points with his winner against Crystal Palace, a bit unfair to have him in there!

I have to say there have been so many post 2005 season! but Walsh & Kane are a good shout.....

Value for money at the mo has to be RVW! Let''s hope it''s only a first season performance and he settles to become another Iwan.

[quote user="lharman7"]Thomas Helveg, Mattias Svensson, Ulf Ottoson, Cedric Anselin, Victor Segura, Eric Fuglestad![/quote]Really?

[quote user="lharman7"]Thomas Helveg, Mattias Svensson[/quote]
They are no way the worst, Svensson did his part for our promotion and Helveg was looking a solid right back at the end of that season, considering we got him for free.

[quote user="lharman7"]Thomas Helveg, Mattias Svensson, Ulf Ottoson, Cedric Anselin, Victor Segura, Eric Fuglestad![/quote]

Helveg and Svensson were both pretty solid. And Anselin was a very talented player who got unlucky with injuries.

None of those are in the Steve Walsh league!

I thought that Erik the Viking was a decent player - put a brilliant ball on Bellamy''s head when we beat the scummers.

Names that do come to mind however, are Dean Coney and Rhoys Wiggins...

This is proof positive the some ncfc fans dont know their class from their elbow when it comes to footballers.

Its hard to get much lower than Matty Gill or Rhoys Whiggins for me.   Jens Berthel Askel was another - whole hearted clogger but little more.

Michael Theoklitos: Truly the worst performance in a City shirt I''ve ever seen and turning up half an hour late to a match because "I got my wires mixed up".

Lots of cack who played the odd game. But for those who played a few games then Darren Beckford was pretty shite. Coney is definitely up there. Mike Sheron was an epic fail.

I''d go with Coney, especially as far as money paid is concerned - a bright prospect and signed for £350k - a decent sum back in ''89... and generally not good at all.

We''ve had bad loan deals, Omar Koroma (?) was probably one highlight....

I guess it''s all relative. According to Glen Roeder it was Darren Huckerby. I am tempted to go for Mark Halsey myself. Although we only signed him on as a pro defining "worst" in disciplinary terms one sending off and one booking in his 3 match career speaks for itself.

Can''t believe somebody mentioned Mattias Svensson he was a good player and scored some important goals in our promotion, was basically our 2004 Simeon Jackson!

Hard to single out a single player, so how about this for a team:

MANAGER: Bryan Gunn (bless him, but...)

GK: Michael Theoklitos

DF: Paul Blades

DF: Steve Walsh

DF: Adrian Leijer

DF: Juan Velasco

MF: Carl Robinson

MF: Julian Brellier

MF: Jason Jarrett

ST: Chris Brown

ST: Dean Coney

ST: Ade Akinbiyi

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

This is proof positive the some ncfc fans dont know their class from their elbow when it comes to footballers.

Its hard to get much lower than Matty Gill or Rhoys Whiggins for me.   Jens Berthel Askel was another - whole hearted clogger but little more.

[/quote]

Basically agree with that but at least Gill was (is) a decent lad.

Two pages and no mention of Mark Fotheringham yet?

Fotheringham?

Can''t see why Captain Fantastic would make the worst ever, he was one of Roeder''s favouri... oh.

I occasionally watch a few Notts County games while at uni and the other day was very much entertained watching our old captain Fozzy attempt to ''boss'' the midfield.

His performance reminded me of how absolutely woeful he really was here. The county fans I spoke to could not believe he had ever played championship level, let alone as captain.