Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Darren Eadie

He''s had an exchange of views with some people on Twitter over whether Yobo is the sort of signing we should be making.

It''s pretty clear that he thinks we need to be addressing our lack of goals and lack of goal scoring opportunities, and reading between the lines he''s not the biggest Hughton fan.

Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 30/01/2014 8:48 PM:

He''s had an exchange of views with some people on Twitter over whether Yobo is the sort of signing we should be making.

It''s pretty clear that he thinks we need to be addressing our lack of goals and lack of goal scoring opportunities, and reading between the lines he''s not the biggest Hughton fan.

Sounds like he is bang on the money then.

Not IMHO he isn''t.He''s rightly pointing out that what we''re crying out for is creativity rather than an old hand defender, so what exactly do you take exception to with this opinion Splutcho?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Not IMHO he isn''t.He''s rightly pointing out that what we''re crying out for is creativity rather than an old hand defender, so what exactly do you take exception to with this opinion Splutcho?[/quote]
It''s standard 2014 internet stuff.  Opposite opinion =  you''re an idiot. 

Whinging about signing we blatantly need, not seeming to understand that just because we''ve made these signings, we can''t make more, implying the Murphy''s are suitable options and up for a relegation battle, last week he was moaning that our wingers defend. The bloke''s a grade A nob.

No, because he''s letting his stupid bias get in the way of logic. Claiming we don''t need a CB just because he dislikes Hughton, even though we only have two fit. Loads of people disagree with me, I enjoy the debate, it''s about how you put the point across.

[quote user="splutcho"]Whinging about signing we blatantly need, not seeming to understand that just because we''ve made these signings, we can''t make more, implying the Murphy''s are suitable options and up for a relegation battle, last week he was moaning that our wingers defend. The bloke''s a grade A nob.[/quote]This is a wind-up isn''t it?I''m not surprised he''s moaning about wingers defending because their primary task should be to attack the opposing fullbacks and either whip in a good cross or cut inside and either shoot or play a square ball.If Hucks had spent most of his games defending we''d have missed out on watching one of the most exciting wingers we''ve ever had at Carrow Road (along with players like Eadie, Fox and others).We clearly need a cultured midfielder with an eye for a pass (especially with Howson out indefinitely), much more than we need an ageing CB with little to no re-sale value...

Don''t think resale value is an issue when it''s a loan for starters. Second of all, I''ll say the same to you as I said to him, we''ll have both our wingers sat on the halfway line and let the opposition have two on one on our fullbacks shall we.

Clearly I''ve rubbed some up the wrong way here, but I''m not backing down, have a look at what he would have picked line up wise for the Newcastle game if you want to see his footballing knowledge.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''ll say the same to you as I said to him, we''ll have both our wingers sat on the halfway line and let the opposition have two on one on our fullbacks shall we.[/quote]How about we have our wingers attacking THEIR fullbacks and let them worry about how to defend for a change instead of us constantly inviting pressure to the point where out wingers HAVE to help defend...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]We clearly need a cultured midfielder with an eye for a pass (especially with Howson out indefinitely), much more than we need an ageing CB with little to no re-sale value...[/quote]If we could get one on a six-month loan, I''m sure we''d snap him up. Yobo is a loan. We were already missing one centre back, and with Turner injured, cover for Bassong and Bennett makes sense.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]If we could get one on a six-month loan, I''m sure we''d snap him up.[/quote]Never mind a loan, get the bloody wallet open!

Do we not all think that a CB with a huge amount of experience and excellent leadership qualities is exactly the signing we need. Haven''t we been complaining that Bassong has been poor and that we have no leaders in the squad? Seems like another astute signing to me, in a position we really need cover for.

Ok Indy, we''ll do that for 90 minutes, it''s only because Hughton let''s the opposition have the ball that they even get in our half.

Iwan Roberts ‏@iwanwroberts 6h

When you struggle to score goals try and sign a centre half!!

So I guess that Iwan is also a moron?

This is after you said this about Hoolahan:

"He can f*ck off now as far as I''m concerned. Actually, better yet, train him with the youth team and he can rot in the reserves"

Eadie, Iwan and Hoolahan, three of our best players of the past twenty years. Probably deserving for more respect don''t you think?

Anyone else left to attack? Huckerby perhaps? Slagged off Holt recently?

[quote user="splutcho"]it''s only because Hughton let''s the opposition have the ball that they even get in our half.[/quote]Not far wrong (even though you were being sarcastic)...Other sides press and pressure us to get the ball and then attack forcefully when they do get possession, we remain static - whether in attack or defence, back off opposing players instead of closing them down and slow play down to the level where even an arthiritic slug could keep up with the pace.Almost all of the best football most fans have seen at this club has been when we''ve playing attractive, attacking, passing football - be it the 85 cup run, the 93 season (and euro games), the return to the top under PL (hell, even the 04 season back in the prem with NW was decent), and there''s also been seasons before this that some of our older fans will remember that had some great football. We are a side that built a reputation for playing good football in the right way and giving anyone a good match on our day - now we''re just playing insipid, defensive s**t that even teams we played back in League One would be ashamed of.You might think that loading up the defence and trying to grind out 1-0 snatch and grabs is the way forward - I certainly don''t...

Iwan doesn''t put his views across like a tit, and I stand by the Hoolahan comment, given that he''s totally thrown his hero status out of the window.

At any rate, I can''t be bothered to discuss anything with you of all people, given the nonsense you post daily.

No matter how we play, there will be times when we need to defend. This cannot be done with one full back against an opposition winger and their full back. This is all I''m saying.

To be fair, we obviously need CB cover. I''m very surprised that people are questioning a loan signing in that area.

If this was the end of the signings then fair enough, but I think Iwan and Eadie are a bit premature with this.

Unless they know something we don''t of course.

"given that he''s totally thrown his hero status out of the window"

Has he?

Are you claiming to speak for all fans there?

Hasn''t lost it with me. History won''t remember a little tiff like this.

After the Colchester defeat Hoolahan stuck his fingers up at some fans and they tried to tip his car over (with him in it).

Did that affect his hero status or has that been forgotten?

That would be because you support individuals over the club. And that clearly isn''t the same thing at all now is it?

Hoolahan has given us five and a half years, in three divisions, under four managers, achieved two promotions and played over 200 games for us.

If he departs this club I will remember him as a Norwich legend and the cream of the crop from his era. I''m not going to forget five and a half years because he got angry and said a swearword to a Sky Sports journalist.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="splutcho"]Whinging about signing we blatantly need, not seeming to understand that just because we''ve made these signings, we can''t make more, implying the Murphy''s are suitable options and up for a relegation battle, last week he was moaning that our wingers defend. The bloke''s a grade A nob.[/quote]This is a wind-up isn''t it?I''m not surprised he''s moaning about wingers defending because their primary task should be to attack the opposing fullbacks and either whip in a good cross or cut inside and either shoot or play a square ball.If Hucks had spent most of his games defending we''d have missed out on watching one of the most exciting wingers we''ve ever had at Carrow Road (along with players like Eadie, Fox and others).We clearly need a cultured midfielder with an eye for a pass (especially with Howson out indefinitely), much more than we need an ageing CB with little to no re-sale value...[/quote]THIS is a wind-up isn''t it?Howson is not out indefinitely - he''s aiming for a February return.Yobo''s sell-on value is irrelevant as we aren''t buying him, we''re loaning him.The fact that wingers'' primary task is to attack doesn''t mean they shouldn''t help out in defence.