Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Danny Graham/Ross McCormack

This time last year Sky News reported we had bid for Danny Graham. He is now unwanted by both parent club and loan club. Surley worth another bid this time round. The guy has something to prove as he has not hit the back of the net like he was at Swansea.

Any thoughts of McCormack bid with Bechico going the other way back to Leeds?

i got shot down last week for suggesting Danny Graham....... boom! Your turn!

Can''t see the issue in suggesting him. Get him for half the price Sunderland paid for him. The guy needs to proof himself. Got to be worth a shoot I think. Proven prem goal scorer for Swansea. Better option then Elmander with a future even if the club go down!

The fact he was willing to sacrifice a premier league career with a possible move to middlesborough before he went to Sunderland just to et back to the north east IMO would suggest his head is not in a good place and might well indicate why he''s doing so badly at the momment.

Was that not something to do with not getting game time at Swansea. As well as looking to move closer to home. I just think he would cost little. Clearly the board are not willing to back Houghton this window with big spending. But he is a previous Houghton target. If worse case scenario we go down. We then have three proven championship strikers in Hooper, Bechhio and Graham to build on in the summer as I can''t see the Wolf sticking around!

[quote user="Stangerz"]Was that not something to do with not getting game time at Swansea. As well as looking to move closer to home. I just think he would cost little. Clearly the board are not willing to back Houghton this window with big spending. But he is a previous Houghton target. If worse case scenario we go down. We then have three proven championship strikers in Hooper, Bechhio and Graham to build on in the summer as I can''t see the Wolf sticking around![/quote]

He was very specific about going back to the north east at the time. I find it alittle odd that a footballer living a country as small as ours and with a short career feels the need to get back to one corner of the country so desperately that he''s willing to give up top flight football. Hardly says determined to me, before that I''d have thought him a good signing.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Stangerz"]Was that not something to do with not getting game time at Swansea. As well as looking to move closer to home. I just think he would cost little. Clearly the board are not willing to back Houghton this window with big spending. But he is a previous Houghton target. If worse case scenario we go down. We then have three proven championship strikers in Hooper, Bechhio and Graham to build on in the summer as I can''t see the Wolf sticking around![/quote]

He was very specific about going back to the north east at the time. I find it alittle odd that a footballer living a country as small as ours and with a short career feels the need to get back to one corner of the country so desperately that he''s willing to give up top flight football. Hardly says determined to me, before that I''d have thought him a good signing.[/quote]

much like the fat bloke who went to wigan in the summer........

Unfortunately we''ve never managed to replace that ''fat bloke'' oh how me miss a real leader in the team right now!