Sign in to follow this  
gangmower

wes to west brom on loan

Whilst I am disappointed (very) that it is not looking like we will be signing a "number ten" or the creative midfield player (if only to shut a few people up), I have to reluctantly say, that I have no problem with this as it gets him away from our club and to a club that isnt Villa who certainly appeared to tap him up, it sure is a funny old game.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]. Wes out Obertan in. Could be a stroke of genius, could go down like a lead baloon. Who knows![/quote]Whatever transpires with the Wes situation, I just do not see what Obertan is going to bring to the party that is not already there.

This isn''t confirmed anywhere though is it? I just cant see how this makes any sense however anyone dresses it up. Don''t sell to Villa I understand they haven''t put in a big enough bid and we don''t want to strengthen a rival, but I would have thought we''d be even more against strengthening West Brom. Then with the rumours about Obertan who has looked nothing short of awful for quiet some time just to top it off. I cant believe any of this will happen it''s like p**sing in your own drinking water.

I can see the sense in it, removes a potential problem player from the squad, but at the same time shows that players cant dictate terms when under contract. Shows clubs that they need to maintain a good working relationship with us if they want deals to go through (its not lamberts leaving that got me, but the Jed Steer signing that pissed me off) and that you have to bid the market value rather than unsettling a player and hope he forces his way out on the cheap. Pays the wages of a player who rarely plays and wouldnt play well if demoralised anyway and gives us the option to sell at a later date. Also if they can get the best of him at West Brom then he may well damage teams around us. All in all, there is some logic to it.

It does sound like there was contact between the two clubs though?

For all those saying Wes isn''t PL quality, if this rumour is true, why then are two clubs who are arguably more established than us interested in him?

If Wes Brom finish ahead of us, and there''s a million pounds extra per place, how clever will that make our board and management look?

Serious question here- Do they play a style that can use him much or at all, or is he going there as coverage?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst there may be a moderately amusing "it p**ses off Villa" angle to this its certainly not hilarious.

The only consolation I can think of is that Wes can come back in the summer when hopefully this boring little man we have managing us has gone for good but if true loaning him to west Brom is idiotic. They are far more of a relegation rival than Villa. They have just lost Sessegnon to injury for a while but we are proposing to help them out by loaning them one of our most creative players. I am just staggered and (unless we have a top notch replacement coming in his place) will be livid if this happens.

If only Hughton had been sacked weeks ago none of this would be happening.[/quote]Wasn''t there a Jim Smith on here a couple of weeks ago saying that as we''re stuck with Chris Hughton he''d lay off for a bit ?Must be someone else......[:D]  [;)]

Houston Canary wrote the following post at 2014-01-31 9:26 PM:

If Wes Brom finish ahead of us, and there''s a million pounds extra per place, how clever will that make our board and management look?

Serious question here- Do they play a style that can use him much or at all, or is he going there as coverage?

Think they have just shipped out midfielder THORPE on loan - Wes in to cover perhaps?

Everybody seems to be forgetting the other party in this - Wes.

With a loan he will not get an inreased contract or increased wages. He would have to upsticks for a few months. So may not be that attractive to him.

But it could be a good way of starting to get his head back in the right place. Basically saying we do not want to sell you but we have given you the option of a loan, with a view to you still making a contribution here when you return. If you do not want to go - well time to start knuckling down here again.

[quote user="Le Juge"]PLEASE let this be true.

That is friggin hilarious.

I take it all back McNally you are a legend.

I''m gutted that Hoolahan is off, but do you realise how peed off Villa fans and Lambert are going to be?[/quote]This would be an absolute ridiculous move by the club, so we are going to sell to a club that is proper in it potentially a man worth 6 points instead of villa who will clearly be safe easily! What a joke! I will be furious

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst there may be a moderately amusing "it p**ses off Villa" angle to this its certainly not hilarious.

The only consolation I can think of is that Wes can come back in the summer when hopefully this boring little man we have managing us has gone for good but if true loaning him to west Brom is idiotic. They are far more of a relegation rival than Villa. They have just lost Sessegnon to injury for a while but we are proposing to help them out by loaning them one of our most creative players. I am just staggered and (unless we have a top notch replacement coming in his place) will be livid if this happens.

If only Hughton had been sacked weeks ago none of this would be happening.[/quote]Wasn''t there a Jim Smith on here a couple of weeks ago saying that as we''re stuck with Chris Hughton he''d lay off for a bit ?Must be someone else......[:D]  [;)]

[/quote]

Old habits die hard I''m afraid. Although I think technically I did say I would stop banging on "all the time" so perhaps scope for the odd lapse!

West Brom looking to offload Graham Dorrans and Markus Rosenberg, according to Sky Sports... Would anyone take either of those in a swap deal for Wes, either until the end of the season or permanently?

Rosenberg hasn''t hit the back of the net for WBA but had a solid record in Europe at good clubs before that; Dorrans for me would be a good replacement for Wes, is younger, and arguably more versatile...

It is interesting how Villa have ''pulled out'' of a transfer for Wes, when there was never be on in te first place.

Their fans will be spitting, though - seems the ''giants'' are making no more signings, missing out to little ol''norwich

At 19.16 hours, Hoolahan was 9/4 to stay at City. At 19.34 hours, he''s now 2/5 to leave with WBA favourites to sign him at 4/9http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer-centre/live-clockwatch

It just gets more & more random ...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/31/yohan-cabayes-absence-at-newcastle-could-be-filled-by-norwichs-wes-hoolahan-or-west-bromwich-albions-james-morrison-4286157/?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Hoolahan in wilderness going nowhere[/quote]

Suspect this is the truth.