Sign in to follow this  
gangmower

wes to west brom on loan

PLEASE let this be true.

That is friggin hilarious.

I take it all back McNally you are a legend.

I''m gutted that Hoolahan is off, but do you realise how peed off Villa fans and Lambert are going to be?

[quote user="gangmower"]can you beleave it.get this idiot houghton out of my football club[/quote]I cant beleave.ray houghton is in my football club

I don''t see where Norwich win in this? Send a player on loan, or get £1m-£2m for him? Also loaning to a club closer to us in the league. Think this is quite childish to be honest.

[quote user="RonnieCorbet"] Think this is quite childish to be honest.
[/quote]

Funny though!

It is childish.

But childish things can sometimes be hilarious, and this is one of those times.

Made my day completely.

Somebody go and give McNally a big chocolate medal.

Whilst there may be a moderately amusing "it p**ses off Villa" angle to this its certainly not hilarious.

The only consolation I can think of is that Wes can come back in the summer when hopefully this boring little man we have managing us has gone for good but if true loaning him to west Brom is idiotic. They are far more of a relegation rival than Villa. They have just lost Sessegnon to injury for a while but we are proposing to help them out by loaning them one of our most creative players. I am just staggered and (unless we have a top notch replacement coming in his place) will be livid if this happens.

If only Hughton had been sacked weeks ago none of this would be happening.

[quote user="Le Juge"]It is childish.

But childish things can sometimes be hilarious, and this is one of those times.

Made my day completely.

Somebody go and give McNally a big chocolate medal.[/quote]
We''ve had very little to smile about but if this is true... many chuckles will be had!
[:D]

Will be a loan fee, they are paying his wages, still ours to sell at the end of the season and will not be able to play against us this season. Dont forget should there be a change of manager it keeps open his link to the club albeit after all has been said and done he is finished here as far as i am concerned. There must be a possibility of getting someone else in now

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst there may be a moderately amusing "it p**ses off Villa" angle to this its certainly not hilarious.

The only consolation I can think of is that Wes can come back in the summer when hopefully this boring little man we have managing us has gone for good but if true loaning him to west Brom is idiotic. They are far more of a relegation rival than Villa. They have just lost Sessegnon to injury for a while but we are proposing to help them out by loaning them one of our most creative players. I am just staggered and (unless we have a top notch replacement coming in his place) will be livid if this happens.

If only Hughton had been sacked weeks ago none of this would be happening.[/quote]You say he is one of ''our most creative players'' - but just how many goals and assists has he got in the past 2.5 seasons?

Rearrange the letters below in bold, and see if you can spell the surname of the current Norwich City Football Club Manager and Coach....

UGHNOTH.......

.......tricky.......ain''t it?     

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Whilst there may be a moderately amusing "it p**ses off Villa" angle to this its certainly not hilarious. The only consolation I can think of is that Wes can come back in the summer when hopefully this boring little man we have managing us has gone for good but if true loaning him to west Brom is idiotic. They are far more of a relegation rival than Villa. They have just lost Sessegnon to injury for a while but we are proposing to help them out by loaning them one of our most creative players. I am just staggered and (unless we have a top notch replacement coming in his place) will be livid if this happens. If only Hughton had been sacked weeks ago none of this would be happening.[/quote]

Afraid I cant see the funny side at all. I would prefer a highly motivated Wes, scrapping for his place, and giving us a valuable tactical option. Somethng, somewhere has gone horribly wrong in all of this. And if we haven''t lined up a replacement who is better , not just yet another "cover" player like we have signed so far I certainly ain''t laughing.  

Would you rather us have sold him to Villa then Jim Smith?

The loan leaves the possibility of Hoolahan pulling on the yellow and green again. He has an 18 month contract, and Hughton probably won''t last 6 months.

I''d rather us loan to West Brom than sell our most creative player for a million or so.

This is the best result for us. Would rather him have gone to Celtic or something, but he was never going to get a top 8 club so any move was technically going to be to a relegation rival in a very tight league.

Hoolahan can''t play against us, and maybe he will do us a favour when playing against Crystal Palace, Fulham, Hull, Cardiff, West Ham, and Stoke.

Could be more use to us out on loan than at the club considering he never gets a game.

So I''m not sure I really get your point. West Brom may be more of a relegation rival than Villa, but then Villa didn''t make a loan bid. I''m just glad that there is a chance that Wes sees that we aren''t a terrible club and under the right man may kiss and make up.

If Villa haven''t met our valuation for Wes then we shouldn''t sell him. We loan him to West Brom, they pay his wages and hopefully it frees up salary for a signing in the next few hours.Plus a possibly venomous employee is out of the club which is a good thing.

I suspect McNally is playing it cool. He will go by the transfer deadline whereby we will get the best price for him. All this talk of we do not want him to go is merely pushing up the price. How on earth can Hughton say he is not available when he has only played him 5 times this season and he was far from being first choice last season. Wes is creative but is going nowhere under Hughton''s negative stuff. He is also very one footed and gets caught in possession too much. If theplayer himself wants to go as well then do not stand in his way for a realistic price. The nonsense with Villa is childish.

[quote user="RonnieCorbet"]I don''t see where Norwich win in this? Send a player on loan, or get £1m-£2m for him? Also loaning to a club closer to us in the league. Think this is quite childish to be honest.[/quote]Seems a good move to me, get''s a player with bad attitude away from the

club for the remainder of the season, saves us money and gives all

parties a cooling down period with still enough left on his contract in

the summer to ensure any fee will not be substantially reduced.And to West Brom of all teams, hilarious!!!!! Villa have just been told to stop trying their silly games and just F off in no uncertain terms by our club what''s not to like??Well played Naaridge.

I agree Juge,

All the Villa Talk are saying is how bitter we are. What they are failing to grasp is:

1) We will receive a loan fee for Wes.

2) He remains our player such that, if Hughton does leave in the summer, there is a possibility that he could play for NCFC next season.

But of course it''s much easier for them to just accuse us of being bitter and childish...

"You say he is one of ''our most creative players'' - but just how many goals and assists has he got in the past 2.5 seasons?"

9 goals and 14 assists.

How many current Norwich players are you claiming have more during that period? Pilkington has more goals, but only 5 assists.

Snodgrass has a way to go to reach 14 assists for Norwich and is on 8 goals.

So what is the point of your question?

If this is true the Hughton must have ''mug'' tattooed across his forehead!

Wes ''wasn''t going anywhere'' last night!

Just makes one wonder who is pulling the strings here?

Hardly a fair comparison with either of those players considering the position Wes is played in + he has a season on Snodgrass.My point is for the sacrifice we have to make for Wes to be in the team i.e. a striker, his return is woeful.

Don''t be dumb City2nd. That is called playing hard ball.

Never tried to buy a used car? "There is absolutely no way on earth that we can sell you that car for any less £3000, sorry but it won''t be leaving our forecourt today".

Two hours later..... "Great, deal done at £2500 then, enjoy your new motor".

"Hardly a fair comparison with either of those players considering the position Wes is played in + he has a season on Snodgrass"

Isn''t really that unfair is it. Hoolahan has as many assists in five starts this season as Snodgrass has in fifteen, and Hoolahan has 58 starts in the PL for Norwich against Snodgrasses 20. Three of Snodgrasses assists have come against lower league opposition too.

It was you who is claiming that Hoolahan isn''t our most creative player. If you are saying that isn''t fair to compare him with Snodgrass then who exactly are you proposing is our most creative player?

I meant:

"and Hoolahan has 58 starts in the PL for Norwich against Snodgrasses 50"

Hardly 38 games difference is it.

Hoolahan showed with his Hooper assist this season (playing out wide just like Snodgrass) that he can create goals where everybody else in our team fails, with a simple pass to a striker in the box.

Amazing how we struggle to do such a simple thing isn''t it.

Hooper and Van Wolfswinkel should be crying today.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Hardly a fair comparison with either of those players considering the position Wes is played in + he has a season on Snodgrass"

Isn''t really that unfair is it. Hoolahan has as many assists in five starts this season as Snodgrass has in fifteen, and Hoolahan has 58 starts in the PL for Norwich against Snodgrasses 20. Three of Snodgrasses assists have come against lower league opposition too.

It was you who is claiming that Hoolahan isn''t our most creative player. If you are saying that isn''t fair to compare him with Snodgrass then who exactly are you proposing is our most creative player?[/quote]None of them, that''s the problem!

Unless we have a quality replacement lined up I just cant see how this is a good move...

Our squad is weaker without Wes and West Brom''s is stronger with him, simple (not dramatically, but that is besides the point). The money we get through this is peanuts anyway.