Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Yobo and Jonas

Would you be happy with our business if these are the only two players to come in this transfer window? Or do you think we''ve done a shocker and brought in two players who are past their best?

I''m content because we have important players who have come back from injury and our first team is beginning to look as strong as ever. Slightly disappointed if we don''t get a CM, not the end if the world though.

Both can play a part in helping strengthen our cover options, but what we really need are 1-2 top class signings to replace what we already have - particularly a creative midfielder.To go from being linked with the likes of Alderweireld and Ranocchia to settle for Yobo would be a HUGE step down in aspirations...

They''re just extra bodies really, needed more quality, especially someone, anyone who can create chances

I want us to buy every player mentioned today, imagine a team that included Eadie, Ledley, Tom Ince (not Paul), Lewis Holtby, Zaha and Sigurdson. Add to that any other Carlos Kickaball that get touted between now and when the window slams shut and we''ll all be able to say in the coming weeks "We should''ve signed XXXXX XXXXX when we had the chance but the board wouldn''t spend the money, the clubs a joke".

I don''t expect any action in the market...we''ve been dissapointed many a time on the deadline day. Rather no signing than a bad signing.

a bit underwhelmed, considering our last few januarys have brought us player like Bennet and howson. And in fairness, Becchio had been banging them in for Leeds when we signed him.

The real problem we face is that Leeds have no more good players. How are we supposed to progress now?

I think that Jonas could replace Johnson when Howson returns, and that could be a marginal improvement, and even now with Tettey back Jonas could provide a support for Fer going forward. Jonas may not be the most creative player, but he can pass accurately, and he is strong.

Yobo''s influence could be more subtle. He could replace either Bennett or Bassong, and will certainly be a challenge to both as he seeks games to persuade the Nigerian selectors that he is worthy of a place in their squad for Brazil. His presence could also galvanise Bassong, who seems to lose concentration at times. I would have preferred Alderweireld, but you can''t have everything!

I want our team to start to play passing football and create decent chances for the strikers, and these two could help. I also want a midfield and back four which defend resolutely, and again these two could help. The improvement which could come might be only slight, but a real improvement.

A final thought - players already here are expensive in the window. You can buy foreign, with the incentive for foreign players to come to the EPL, but unlike Yobo and Jonas they probably wouldn''t have experience of the Premiership, and like RvW might take several weeks to settle in. Time is what we do not have.

I quite like Jonas, yes he''s past his prime but he gives his all and still looks good going forward. Yobo I''m less impressed with not the forward thinking we were hoping for. I still think we have an alright squad but it just isn''t being used

They are signings for the sake of signings. Doubt either will actually offer us much.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"] Doubt either will actually offer us much.[/quote]

Sounds like they''ll fit right in then.

Signings for the sake of signings? So a versatile midfielder is just for the sake of making a signing, despite the fact that we''ve had all sorts of injuries there so far this season and have basically had our selection forced upon us a number of times?

Both of them are solid signings. They won''t individually drag us into the UEFA cup places or anything ridiculous, but they will add some experience and a bit of grit to a squad which is fairly thin in both of those departments.