Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Villa talk

They don''t seem too happy that we want to keep hooligan. It''s funny how fans seem to turn away from what is true. Although i agree that you should support your club, how can they not see what a slime ball club they are...embarrassing

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10568-wes-hoolahan/page-51

Anyway, do you think we''ve handled the situation well or not?

I think we have handled this perfectly well. I saw one article earlier saying we should sell Hoolahan to a rival as Chelsea are selling Mata to Man U (hardly a rival this season anyway) and then within 24 hours Chelsea are replacing with another forward from Basel

If we have a replacement sorted then why not sell (at a premium), but in January half the reason all of the transfers go through at the end of the month is because of the domino effect of transfers

one of the things I hate about this all is that douche of a villa fan that shows up here when it''s convenient. if they miss out on hoolahan he won''t come around. but if they sign him it''s a safe bet he will be here in seconds.

thankyou for answering, i kind of expected a post from someone saying "there is a hoolahan thread you know" or something like that, but wanted to know about how both clubs have acted.

52 pages on that Villa thread. I think they''ve gone mad. Granted Hoolahan has been a fringe player recently, but he still offers us something different on the bench. With 18 months to go, we''re not forced to sell. Given Wes''s quality we were never going to sell.

one quote from there makes me laugh "we are no where near a relegation rival with them right now"

righhhhhhhhhhhhht.......

being one point better off is the same as no where near our rival. silly.

and they all mention "reports" saying we''d sell to anyone but villa, the only credible report I''ve seen anywhere close to that says we would not sell to any premier league rival, and we''re unlikely to sell at all.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]52 pages on that Villa thread. I think they''ve gone mad. Granted Hoolahan has been a fringe player recently, but he still offers us something different on the bench. With 18 months to go, we''re not forced to sell. Given Wes''s quality we were never going to sell.[/quote]He offers us nothing at all now because he does not want to play for us , already said his heads not right and if we dont let him leave he will be even more bitter . Best result all round would be if another club came in for him but cannot see any other Prem side wanting him.

as long as we get the right price for him, i don''t care where he goes. He''s got good technical ability and on his day can really make a difference, a very useful squad player.

But yes the ''reports'' that they suggest are very strange

Shows how far we''ve come. Villa signing a striker who was deemed surplus to requirements here and also a bench warming midfielder who averages 1 assist every 6 games. Hoolahan does some show pony spins and short passes but is dreadful at shooting. Howson is a much better player in that position IMO.

[quote user="Barossa"]Shows how far we''ve come. Villa signing a striker who was deemed surplus to requirements here and also a bench warming midfielder who averages 1 assist every 6 games. Hoolahan does some show pony spins and short passes but is dreadful at shooting. Howson is a much better player in that position IMO.[/quote]

He scored 3 goals against the scum grant holt grant holt. He scored 3 goals against the scum and Wesley scored the other one! Least we forget!!

That will NEVER be forgotten!

But we must not forget that both of them have have handed in transfer requests whilst they have been here.

They want (ed) to move on.They don''t (didn''t) want to be here.

Time has moved on.

Thank you Wes, it''s been great

So I am guessing from this that Villa fans see Wes as a big signing? Shows how far they have fallen doesnt it! The bottom line for us, is that with everyone fit he doesnt make our strongest eleven, a squad player these days.....and you know, longer term thats what he will end up at Villa if they have any ambition. Must stress, I am not taking anything away from Wes, he has done a great job for us but his time has come to go.....and I either want it to happen now or, we simply dont release him until the end of the season and he trains with the U21''s or goes out on loan to a Championship Club......

[quote user="mrs miggins"]as long as we get the right price for him, i don''t care where he goes. He''s got good technical ability and on his day can really make a difference, a very useful squad player. [/quote]My take on this exactly , Mrs M. On the basis that WH is not going to interest the big clubs and, presumably, he is not going to want to drop down to the Champ, then whoever we sell him to (if at all) is going to be a ''rival''. If it''s Villa, then so what ?I cannot see why, in the context of modern transfer dealings, why everyone is getting all uppity about this. As far as I can see both clubs have played this by the textbook.  If people want to hark back to the days when everything was done by a gentleman''s agreement over the after dinner port, then I''d suggest that they are completely out of touch with the way things are done these days.As I''ve said before, it''s all going to come down to how much Lambert wants to sign him. If he is desperate to get him into the Villa squad, then he''ll pay top dollar. If not, then WH will have to go somewhere else,or stay put and get on with it, but I''d support the City board for not letting him go on the cheap.

What bugs me is this notion that we are being petty or pathetic by refusing to sell them a player for a derisory, knock down price.

Its almost as if they think that if they come calling we should just sell to them whatever they are offering.

How cringe is that forum, the way their fans talk you''d be lead to believe that their club had done more than "f*ck all" in the last 30 years.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]How cringe is that forum, the way their fans talk you''d be lead to believe that their club had done more than "f*ck all" in the last 30 years.[/quote]Nicely put, like the Leeds fans on Waccoe they''re living several decades in the past.Still in amongst all the ignorance there is a little honesty:[:D]"They really are being stupid. Why ruin potential deals in the future?

Maybe one day we''ll have a player that would improve their team.

"

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]How cringe is that forum, the way their fans talk you''d be lead to believe that their club had done more than "f*ck all" in the last 30 years.[/quote]

Nicely put, like the Leeds fans on Waccoe they''re living several decades in the past.

Still in amongst all the ignorance there is a little honesty:[:D]
"They really are being stupid. Why ruin potential deals in the future? Maybe one day we''ll have a player that would improve their team. "
[/quote]

Hahaha! [:D]

As is often the case with transfer rumours, there are alot of misrepresentations and assumptions being made.

Firstly, there seems to be an assumption on both sides that Wes has virtually played no games for us this season. He''s made 12 appearances, that''s about 50% of our fixtures - he''s very much part of the squad. In fact, before all this blew up he''d worked his way back into the side with starts against Man Utd and Palace.

Clearly, NCFC are not happy with the manner in which AVFC have conducted themselves, otherwise we would not have sent a message to them complaining of their conduct.

There is a suggestion that we now have to sell Wes as ''his head is turned''. Wes has himself said that he would play if selected. Come February 1st, if he is still here, there will be no benefit to him to down tools. He will be better off working his way onto the pitch and performing when he does so.

Lastly, NCFC have made an official statement saying that the Club will not sell any players if they do not wish to. Anything else, about not selling to AVFC but prepared to sell to anyone else, is just conjecture. As I''ve said, Wes has played in about 50% of our games this season, he''s part of the squad - why would we want to sell him unless we can get a better replacement?

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Lastly, NCFC have made an official statement saying that the Club will not sell any players if they do not wish to. [/quote]Well, yes Beefy, but you know as well as I do that that sort of statement is just a standard "knee jerk" one put out by every club when a contracted player is ''tapped up'' , or an unwanted  or insufficient bid is made.I personally read nothing into it. It''s pretty much what I''d have expected.Of course, if nothing has transpired by a week tomorrow, then it''s a no brainer for Wes to clear his head and get on with it. But, in another thread someone is urging us not to ''take it out on wes''. Well, what I''d say to that is; chance would be a fine thing ! Despite your "50%" figure, the fact is that hardly seen the man this season.

[quote user="JC"]I think we have handled this perfectly well. I saw one article earlier saying we should sell Hoolahan to a rival as Chelsea are selling Mata to Man U (hardly a rival this season anyway) and then within 24 hours Chelsea are replacing with another forward from Basel If we have a replacement sorted then why not sell (at a premium), but in January half the reason all of the transfers go through at the end of the month is because of the domino effect of transfers[/quote]

Agree with this.  Villa''s price is too low which I''d guess they realised when the offered it.  If we were to get someone better lined up I wouldn''t mind letting him go to Villa (at a higher price), but otherwise no way.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Lastly, NCFC have made an official statement saying that the Club will not sell any players if they do not wish to. [/quote]Well, yes Beefy, but you know as well as I do that that sort of statement is just a standard "knee jerk" one put out by every club when a contracted player is ''tapped up'' , or an unwanted  or insufficient bid is made.

I personally read nothing into it. It''s pretty much what I''d have expected.Of course, if nothing has transpired by a week tomorrow, then it''s a no brainer for Wes to clear his head and get on with it. But, in another thread someone is urging us not to ''take it out on wes''. Well, what I''d say to that is; chance would be a fine thing ! Despite your "50%" figure, the fact is that hardly seen the man this season.[/quote]

The point is, Reggie, that the quote I made was an official one from NCFC, and that is not something that the Club does on a regular basis.

Anything else is pure conjecture.

I take it you didn''t go to the Man Utd and Palace games in the last 4 weeks that Wes started?

Quote from villatalk

"They''ve always been a nothing club to me. Nothing changes that.

Never disliked them though until the way they performed when Lambert left them to join a bigger and better club. The way they have behaved this month merely exacerbates that."

Their argument seems to be that because they turned lamberts head (which we were compensated for), we''ve stopped the hoolahan deal because of bitterness. Surely it''s more of a case of lambert stating publicly that he wanted hoolahan when doing interviews (and more than likely talked to him)?

That''s exactly it Mrs. M

As I posted the other day, it''s not the fact that we won''t sell just to be stubborn. We don''t need to sell at the price that they have supposedly offered and the way they have gone about it, again, is wrong and they should be pulled up for it.

When Lambert left, Villa made it clear in the press that they wanted him, it turned his head and the rest is history. They are trying the same tactic again with Hoolahan and this time using Lambert and Holt as the nudge to unsettle Wes.

For that reason only I say we refuse to sell unless they offer us a load more money.

They need to show clubs some respect, and even more so to us especially after the Lambert business.

Conduct yourself in the right way and you will go a long way, conduct yourself badly and you won''t. If that bites them on the backside because they genuinely want him, then do it properly and approach the club the right way and keep the press and former players out of it.

Although I respect the fact that Wes wants to move and will always be thankful for what he has done for this club, he has soured it somewhat with his recent press interviews where he is simply trying to force it through by making the club look bad.

This suggestion that Hughton doesn''t use Wes is poppycock. There have always been debates on how or when to use Wes. But it''s only since this issue came up that he''s become so many people''s must have for the starting eleven. Norwich can only start 11 from the squad. I think it was obvious to everyone that the signing of Fer would restrict Wes''s starts. The fact that he hasn''t started so often is not so much a slight at Wes more a consequence of our attacking improvements in the summer. There''s no point in upgrading the squad if you then sell others and reduce the strength in depth.

Get shot of Fox instead...

Regardless of all the bad blood. The fact is they haven''t offered a fee large enough to tempt us, trying to force us to accept a fee and being told to "do one!" is pretty much what they are going to have to get used to if they want to shop on the cheap all the time.

The Villa fans on that thread really are deluded.

The fact is that Wes is contracted to Norwich. They''ve made an offer, which isn''t enought to tempt us to sell. Either offer more, or move on. Numpties...

[quote user="tele"]

The Villa fans on that thread really are deluded.

The fact is that Wes is contracted to Norwich. They''ve made an offer, which isn''t enought to tempt us to sell. Either offer more, or move on. Numpties...

[/quote]

Totally.

Their limited brain capacity seems to see it as Norwich having some sort of vendetta and playing the petty game. Erm no, you just haven''t offered enough you cheapskates. How hard is that to understand? Put in a decent offer Villa, let''s see how much you really want him!

There''s a norwich fan posting on their rationally (so its not wiz as i would expect) and he added that villa are a slightly bigger club. Another poster quoted it with the response

"Slightly bigger.

That''s pretty funny."

These are the type of people norwich are dealing with, strange

[quote user="Barossa"]  Howson is a much better player in that position IMO.

[/quote]

I dont think its reasonable to compare Howson to Wessi, they are completely different style of players,  with wes a creator, receiver and mover of the ball and the ability to go past a player.  

Hoolahans premier league stats of an assist every 8 appearance (1 in for each 5 starts) compares to howsons an assist every 20+ appearances/games,  including goals + assists wes makes a contribution every 4th game,  howson every 7th.   Wes also has twice as many key passes per game.    He is a genuien creative player that offers something different to any other player at the club.  He is also at an age where his contribution is on the wane 

Howsons strengths are about being a genuine box to box player who covers a great deal of ground,  strong on the ball and uses it well.   However having a good range of passing is different from being able to create (only one assist a season so far) but Howsons other attributes, his scope for improvement and age mean his is a definite keeper.

I am glad villa are so update with our reasonable stance on Wes.   Let them stew in the angst of their own big club little fan mentality.    No sale of wes unless we have bolstered our squad first,  and to villa only if the price is very right.