Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Proof that Hughton will be gone at the end of the season ?

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"]There''s a lot of wishful thinking going on from some people on this thread.If we stay up he won''t be going anywhere.And maybe even if we go down.Only time will tell if this is right or wrong but that''s my reading for what it''s worth.[/quote]Yet a couple of weeks ago you were saying if we lost to Hull he would be gone , easy to always be right if you change opinions so much.[/quote]
Erm... talk about totally unrelated statements, how has ricardo changed his opinion?

Doesn''t surprise me Juge.

If you''ve ever worked somewhere that redundancies are imminent, you''d maybe understand.

Professional pride or not, redundancy pay or not, another job to go to or not, productivity drops.

If you think he''s been told he''s getting sacked in May but been left in charge in the interim, then we might as well give up now as we will definitely go down. Be a great message to send out to the players too.

"We''ve decided This guy isn''t good enough but if you could put that to one side and just carry on doing as he asks, that would be great."

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"]There''s a lot of wishful thinking going on from some people on this thread.If we stay up he won''t be going anywhere.And maybe even if we go down.Only time will tell if this is right or wrong but that''s my reading for what it''s worth.[/quote]Yet a couple of weeks ago you were saying if we lost to Hull he would be gone , easy to always be right if you change opinions so much.[/quote]Exactly, my reading of events was spot on, we didn''t lose to Hull so there was no chance of him being sacked. Had it gone the other way he might well have gone but it didn''t.Now I can''t see much chance of him going at any time this season.And if we survive, probably not at all.That''s my reading, what''s yours?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Each team can only have 2 loan players"

Not true. We have three: Elmander, Guiterrez and Yobo.

You can have 2 domestic loan players, overseas loan players (Yobo & Elmander) don''t count towards that limit.

We can sign one more domestic loan player.[/quote]

I think you missed the point of my reply Juge ....

but of course you are correct about foreign loans not counting .....Elmander /yobo ... an irony there maybe /

[quote user="Le Juge"]Us and West Brom are the only teams in the bottom half of the table not to make a permanent signing in this window so far.[/quote]What about Villa?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Le Juge"]Us and West Brom are the only teams in the bottom half of the table not to make a permanent signing in this window so far.[/quote]

What about Villa?
[/quote]

Villa are 10th.

Le Juge wrote the following post at 31/01/2014 5:33 PM:

A planned Hughton end of season departure all adds up to me.

Calderwood and Trollope being linked with the Northampton job.

No permanent transfers in this window, first time I can remember that ever happening (even Gunn got Cody McDonald).

Hughton starting to look very relaxed, despite a majority of fans wanting him out (he looked very stressed at one point), maybe he knows his fate and it is a weight off of his shoulders.

The idea that we have somebody lined up for the end of the season sounds like a strong possibility to me.

Your not serious are you, you think he has been told he is being sacked at the end of the season no matter how well or how badly he does, I think your turning into a bit of a Tinker le Juge!

[quote user="Le Juge"]Yep, Villa are not in the bottom half (and haven''t been for a few weeks I believe).[/quote]Oh right, they''re three points clear of us so they''re safe then?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hokus pokus I''m afraid.  If we stay up he will stay.  

[/quote]And you revel in this, how sad your life must be to spend most of it on here defending the un-defendable!Do you enjoy going to watch such dross week in week out??

"Oh right, they''re three points clear of us so they''re safe then?"

Step 1: Fail at maths / to read something properly / to look at the league table.

Step 2: Try to turn the tables by pretending you were responding to something else entirely.

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="lake district canary"]Hokus pokus I''m afraid.  If we stay up he will stay.   [/quote]And you revel in this, how sad your life must be to spend most of it on here defending the un-defendable!Do you enjoy going to watch such dross week in week out??[/quote]

My view is not un-defendable -  it seems obvious that if we stay up he will more than likely be staying, he''s on a three year contract, succeeding in keeping us up, a huge amount has been spent on his behalf getting in his players - why would he be let go? 

What I can''t understand is why others can''t see it too, although I''m not the only one, Ricardo for one and some others.  

(Oh and before anyone else says so - apparently I don''t go to matches, don''t spend a lot of time and money  every season, travelling all over the north of England and sometimes down to Norwich following the team from where I was born)

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Oh right, they''re three points clear of us so they''re safe then?"

Step 1: Fail at maths / to read something properly / to look at the league table.

Step 2: Try to turn the tables by pretending you were responding to something else entirely.[/quote]

Step 3: You kiss and hold him tightly...

Villa went 10th the day before yesterday.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="lake district canary"]Hokus pokus I''m afraid. 
If we stay up he will stay.  
[/quote]
And you revel in this, how sad your life must be to spend most of it on here defending the un-defendable!
Do you enjoy going to watch such dross week in week out??
[/quote]

My view is not un-defendable -  it seems obvious that if we stay up he will more than likely be staying, he''s on a three year contract, succeeding in keeping us up, a huge amount has been spent on his behalf getting in his players - why would he be let go? 

What I can''t understand is why others can''t see it too, although I''m not the only one, Ricardo for one and some others.  

(Oh and before anyone else says so - apparently I don''t go to matches, don''t spend a lot of time and money  every season, travelling all over the north of England and sometimes down to Norwich following the team from where I was born)

[/quote]

Not from what I have heard from a daughter of a former manager with close contact to the club! There was and is another manager the club have a view to employing but unfortunately he is on a form of gardening leave unitl the summer........changes are in the boards sight.

Now I''m not going to bother with who and what others say but I''ve kown this lovely family for years and Bradwell is a small place. So I will live in hope that the change will be made and money being set aside to rebuild the team in the summer under new management.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If he wasn''t trustworthy then he''d be wanting the sack.

When a manager gets the sack they are entitled to their contract paid in full.

So what motivation does he have to succeed either way?

Allardyce could have got £5m for doing nothing.

If you and your colleagues could get paid for eighteen months for doing nothing just by getting the sack then perhaps some of you would try and get the sack.

There is a lot of trust involved as soon as you sign the contract with a manager. Roeder didn''t seem to care much, apparently never at training and used to lock himself in his office to watch the races.

Hughton will earn just as much over the next 18 months whether in employment or not in employment, in fact probably more if he gets sacked as he''d get his pay off and then go and get another job, so fail to see where you are coming from there really.[/quote]

Have you ever actually had a real job in a real business? After you faux pas about Article 17 last night I expected you to be more circumspect in expressing opinions.

The last thing any business wants is people hanging around who know they''ve lost their job. The one question I''m always asked when advising employers who want to terminate staff is "Do they have to work their notice? Can we get them out before they damage the business?".

The suggestion that Hughton knows he is leaving in the summer is ridiculous.

Also, when contracts are terminated, there is compensation but rarely even in football is the whole outstanding balance of the salary paid. There is always a deduction for the possibility of other employment and for advancement that is not having to wait a year for all the money. So, he will not be paid in full whether he is sacked or not unless he is a very rare exception.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]Perhaps if you keep saying Hughton out for long enough you will eventually be correct.Undoubtedly that time will come but as Purple keeps reminding us, there has been no single catastrophic result to sack him over.Still time for it to happen this season but the longer we go on the less likely it looks.

LUTON, Man city, hull and the first pre-season told us everything we needed to know about chris can''t organise a squad hootun

So we''ve got 4 pages and still waiting for this "proof he will be gone".Please spell it out because all I can see is speculation and trying to make 2+2=5.

I don''t think the decision has been made, I think it will depend on if we see any improvement between now and the end of the season. We obviously won''t though so I firmly believe that Hughton will not in charge come the start of the next season.

[quote user="Le Juge"]If we had Lennon lined up then Joe Ledley would be coming here for £2.5m (or free) instead of Palace.[/quote]Not if Lennon wants better.