Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Proof that Hughton will be gone at the end of the season ?

Looking like no real effort to sign anyone of note ,, Yobo on loan is looking a "harry Kane " type of move .

Before all the whining apologists start with the " the board tried " or" there was not anyone suitable available " just look at our relegation rivals ,,, and how they have worked and who they have managed to sign .

Is this a sign that Hughton is now interim until the end of the season ? Don''t want him signing players who our next manage may not fancy ?

I am becoming sure that the board have a target lined up ...most likely Lennon .

All my own opinion of course .

Said much the same yesterday, Barclay. Unless there is a turnaround of massive proportions, then whatever position we end up in May, the message this window has unquestionably given out is that the people in the Carrow Rd hotseat have decided not to trust CH with any more of their money and are already budgeting for the post-Hughton era.

...and you are entitled to your opinion, but I dont think it tells us much at all to be honest. But, if it gives the Hooghton outers something to cling to, then I''m fine by that.....as for Lennon....please god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What about the last January window? We didn''t make any real big signings then, surely by your logic he should have been sacked last year and Lambert before that.
Our January windows tend to bit a bit shit in general, they are not proof of anything and to suggest otherwise is utter carp.

If we had Lennon lined up then Joe Ledley would be coming here for £2.5m (or free) instead of Palace.

Probably waiting for Malky to sort out his compensation with Cardiff.

Budgeting for the Championship. Looks like they think we''re down.

Otherwise they''d spend some money because in truth, it''s not really "giving it to Hughton" it''s trying to safeguard the clubs future in the top flight. They''ve obviously decided that the position is irretrievable.

And Hughton doesn''t sign the players, where is City1st? When people praise his "transfer activity" it''s been made clear the players identified and signed are nothing to do with him, yet inactivity in this window is down to Hughton or the board not trusting him?

Laughable that the board aren''t speculating a few quid to try and keep us up, they''d obviously prefer the huge losses that come with relegation. Unbelievable Jeff.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hokus pokus I''m afraid.  If we stay up he will stay.  

[/quote]

If that is the case LDC ,,,, and I am not dismissing the possibility completely ,,,, why have the board not backed him to strengthen our underperforming squad ?

It looks like all our relegation rivals have done some shrewd business !

Hardly a whining post Dubai plastic ....posing a question and giving my opinion as to why ? Then inviting discussion ,,, not pointless replies

....no wait ,,,, of course I was expecting them ...I said as much .

I don''t think that its just me and reggie who are wondering ...do you ?

Hughton will have lost their confidence with the £8.5m+ signing of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Or just the fact that he has spent £15m on strikers who have scored just 6 goals between them in a collective 50 appearances.

The biggest problem the club have had over the last few years is that ST waiting list. The board know that by hanging on to Houghton and getting relegated, many fans will stop going to matches so they will be able to get rid of that list at a stroke. Genius.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 2014-01-31 9:06 PM:

...and you are entitled to your opinion, but I dont think it tells us much at all to be honest. But, if it gives the Hooghton outers something to cling to, then I''m fine by that.....as for Lennon....please god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It certainly gives Hughton outers more to cling to than Hughton inners. And Lennon - yes please, more football knowledge and experience in his little toe than Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope collectively!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hokus pokus I''m afraid.  If we stay up he will stay.  

[/quote]I bet he wont.......£1

"If we stay up he will stay."

I actually don''t think this is true at all. Whether you want him out or not, the best time to change manager is at the end of the season (or just before assuming were already safe) in order to give the new guy a chance to prepare for the upcoming season.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see the board act even if we stay up. In fact it would be a strong move if they have someone they believe is better and who wants to come.

A planned Hughton end of season departure all adds up to me.

Calderwood and Trollope being linked with the Northampton job.

No permanent transfers in this window, first time I can remember that ever happening (even Gunn got Cody McDonald).

Hughton starting to look very relaxed, despite a majority of fans wanting him out (he looked very stressed at one point), maybe he knows his fate and it is a weight off of his shoulders.

The idea that we have somebody lined up for the end of the season sounds like a strong possibility to me.

Why would he care for the rest of the season if he knows that he is getting sacked anyway?

Where is the incentive?

Looks like we''re planning for the Championship.

I fully believe he''s a gonner after this season, I appreciate McNally''s a pen pusher but surely even he can tell the style of football''s carp. That being said the drunken cooks always smiling even when man city scored their final goal against us she was smiling away. Silly cow.

Hooton to go Mario Been in and Norwich to win 18 games next season and draw 14. Then hooton on mNF watching us beat man city next season and saying " wow I brought winkle and hooper to Norwich and now look at them" whilst his little brains thinking.....why couldn''t I get them to score!!!!!!!

[quote user="Troll-op"]the drunken cooks always smiling even when man city scored their final goal against us she was smiling away. Silly cow.[/quote]I''ve been waiting for that, what took you so long. [:^)]Pathetic.

If he wasn''t trustworthy then he''d be wanting the sack.

When a manager gets the sack they are entitled to their contract paid in full.

So what motivation does he have to succeed either way?

Allardyce could have got £5m for doing nothing.

If you and your colleagues could get paid for eighteen months for doing nothing just by getting the sack then perhaps some of you would try and get the sack.

There is a lot of trust involved as soon as you sign the contract with a manager. Roeder didn''t seem to care much, apparently never at training and used to lock himself in his office to watch the races.

Hughton will earn just as much over the next 18 months whether in employment or not in employment, in fact probably more if he gets sacked as he''d get his pay off and then go and get another job, so fail to see where you are coming from there really.

so a lot of managers getting sacked then, Sky report loads of clubs loaning not buying, so the Logic is///////////////?????????????

Us and West Brom are the only teams in the bottom half of the table not to make a permanent signing in this window so far.

And your point is///////////////?????????????

lake district canary wrote the following post at 31/01/2014 5:06 PM:

Hokus pokus I''m afraid.

If we stay up he will stay.

What a stupid thing to stay, do you really think that on his second season that is the limit of what is expected!

[quote user="pete_norw"]so a lot of managers getting sacked then, Sky report loads of clubs loaning not buying, so the Logic is///////////////?????????????[/quote]

The logic is that we have not done any business that would cost any money !!

Each team can only have 2 loan players ,, but there is still a difference between the quality of the players that can be attracted, or paid for on loan , or did you think a loan is cost free ???

Jeez ... you have to explain everything to some on here !!

There''s a lot of wishful thinking going on from some people on this thread.If we stay up he won''t be going anywhere.And maybe even if we go down.Only time will tell if this is right or wrong but that''s my reading for what it''s worth.

"Each team can only have 2 loan players"

Not true. We have three: Elmander, Guiterrez and Yobo.

You can have 2 domestic loan players, overseas loan players (Yobo & Elmander) don''t count towards that limit.

We can sign one more domestic loan player.

[quote user="ricardo"]There''s a lot of wishful thinking going on from some people on this thread.If we stay up he won''t be going anywhere.And maybe even if we go down.Only time will tell if this is right or wrong but that''s my reading for what it''s worth.[/quote]Yet a couple of weeks ago you were saying if we lost to Hull he would be gone , easy to always be right if you change opinions so much.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Another whingeing ''n wailing ''n whining ''n whimpering thread. [:S]

[/quote]

"WE''RE DOMED I TELL YOU! WE''RE DOMED!"