Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Is it me or are some fans giving Wes too much of a hard time!!!

[quote user="Stangerz"]Again i point out... If it was you in his shoes at your place of work how would you feel. you feel under appreciated. not utilised and what to further yourself so you apply for anoyher job and your work reject your resignation... how would you feel?[/quote]
As I would be earning more in a week than most people do in a year, I''d think maybe I should just suck it up and not act like a baby.

[quote user="canarybubbles"]I don''t care if he called us a ''shithouse club'' or not. Along with Holt, he did more to take us from D1 to the Prem than any other player. I''m sad that fans forget that in order to support a man who is taking us in the opposite direction. [/quote]

I don''t think we have forgotten that. I''m still grateful to Wes for what he''s done for the Club.

I''m just sorry that he seems to have forgotten what the club has done for him.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"]

We only know what Wes was supposed to have said to the reporter on his departure, no one knows what was said prior to this, what events if any happened and Wes deserves the benefit of the doubt. After all he has contributed a damn site more to this club than Hughton to this point.

Most can agree that Wes is one of the  few players who has the guile to unlock a defence. Not many at our club appear to be able to do that.

[/quote]

Like Hughton gets the benefit of the doubt Indy. You and others don''t know what goes on in training or team talks but it doesn''t stop the abuse. If you''re going to have principles it''s probably best to use them across the board and not selectively..

[/quote]

Nutty I know we see things differently but one thing I can say I have never abused or said anything abusive about hughton.....I have said that the footballis boring and questioned the attitude of players during games, tactics and results, but never given any abuse!

I agree that some on here have and I have an opinion the same as others. I think his time here has not improved our game or the team, but we are sitting 12th but is that because other teams are just as poor? It would be good to see where 24 points woulld have sat us in the previous two seasons?

[/quote]

Indy, I think this is the crux of the matter. There''s a lot of disappointment about our points total that isn''t reflected in the league position. Even though we are far nearer to 10th than 18th in both positions and points that doesn''t sit well with the view that we are cr@p. It''s the points we get this season that will determine where we finish this season. I have no idea where that will be but for the moment I''m happy where we are. If I melted down now I''d be swinging from a lamp post if we got to within a point of bottom three let alone in it. There''s going to be a lot of ups and downs throughout the season. I bet we even lose some of the many so called "must win" games along the way. Whatever happens it will be exciting and those going to games definitely have a part to play. I will be disappointed if the club feel thay have to provide us with clappers and rousing speeches as the season comes to a climax. We should not need motivating any more than the players do.

As for the transfer window, I think last season QPR and Reading were two of the clubs bringing in players. They had to because they weren''t good enough. Ultimately they still weren''t.

"But I can''t think of another who called their club a Shithouse"

though I can think of a fair few hundred ''fans'' who have called their players far worseI doubt he was refering to all of us or the tea lady, just those who have wronged him as he sees it. And they aren''t the club .... we are.And he is still our player, and maybe a few on here who are a squeakin'' and a bleatin'' should recognise that this is a passionate game and feelings do run high, as with Snodgrass.So best put it behind you and get behind the team and remember next time you are hurling abuse at the game be thankful that there isn''t anyone behind you recording you.

Terrific player though he is, I''ve often wondered if he''s fully ''engaged'' with the club.

Looks like perhaps he wasn''t.

I think if one of our players calls our club a S**THOUSE CLUB he deserves everything he gets.

yes he played a part in us rising from league 1 to the prem but we dont owe him anything,hes already been rewarded with lucrative contracts, medals and adulation from the fans, who lets face it rate him far higher then his actual ability deserves.

If he wants to leave, fair enough if we got an offer that is in our best interet fine, but we obviously didnt, and maybe he wont play much, but he needs to accept it and work hard so he is ready when he does get picked. And lets not forget he reported an injury on the eve of the fulham game, which he most likely wouldve played in so he hasnt helped himself

weare fickle, so if he gets his head down and works hard, maybe he will be scoring the winner v villa

"though I can think of a fair few hundred ''fans'' who have called their players far worse"

Absolutely - but we''re not paid £20,000 to turn up. each week

I''ll support Wes the next time he turns out in a Norwich shirt, which I hope he does.

Doesn''t alter the fact that he was incredibly unprofessional in what he said.

''incredibly unprofessional''    to get overheardat this stage we don''t know exactly what had happened to cause him to say thisuntil then ..........

canarybubbles wrote the following post at 31/01/2014 11:12 PM:

"I don''t care if he called us a ''shithouse club'' or not. Along with Holt, he did more to take us from D1 to the Prem than any other player. I''m sad that fans forget that in order to support a man who is taking us in the opposite direction."

I care.

And it''s not a Wes vs CH thing anyway.

He''s a professional footballer. Whatever happened, for him to call us a "Shithouse'' was out of order.

As I''ve said before, lots of players have fallen out with their clubs and put in transfer requests. But I can''t think of another who insulted his club and fans like that.

Give us an apology Wes, say you got it wrong, and I''ll support you next time you pull on a yellow shirt.

They''re quite nice now. Soap in dispensers, warm air driers even automatic flush on some. The ones in the blankets have hand rails and even a pull cord should you need assistance. I''d have been far more offended if it''d still been that stinking trough and one soiled pan we had to use behind the Barclay stand. You kids today don''t know you''re born...

how long before the bogs are given a ''retro'' makeover with ''Pompey rule ok'' sprayed on one of the walls ?

shame you can''t take a leak on the terraces instead of having to walk all the way to the bogs

When news first broke out about Villa''s interest the boards here went into overdrive. A poll revealed over 90% wanted Hoolahan to stay.

After Hoolahan handed in a transfer request. People got offended. A poll conducted showed only 56% still wanted him to stay & also play.

Now that he has made this remark to the press about the club - there are a great many that consider this a personal insult??. I do not know what was said, but due to the circumstances the comments would relate to his current situation and not a personal attack on the fans or Delia or other people associated with the club that are not involved with the decision to not play him or blocking his transfer.

I understand his frustration. He is one of our most gifted players but is overlooked due to the system the manager plays. He does not come across as a character that consistently whines to the manager & has been patient.

The press would not be doing their job if they didn''t stir up a story. All Hoolahan''s frustrations which were bottled up would have been released at that moment. Do I blame him ? listen I don''t know what was actually said but if he call the club, a sh*thouse club then he hasn''t chosen his words well but it was the spur of the moment and I don''t for one minute think he was targeting me or fellow fans. He is directing that towards Hughton for not playing him & NcNally for blocking his move.

I don''t agree with Hughton''s decision not to play Hoolahan but do agree with McNally''s not to sell him.

Here''s hoping bridges can be mended & he stays and plays for the team again. If he plays it will go a long way towards him settling down again.

Let''s cut out all this "I''m offended cos he said this about my club" rubbish. We need to support our players - especially the talented ones whom the club try so hard to keep - some here sound like they''d approach Hoolahan - slap him with a glove & demand satisfaction !! Clueless