Sign in to follow this  
Stangerz

Is it me or are some fans giving Wes too much of a hard time!!!

If the guy wants to leave, let him leave. Houghton has no plans for him! Why let him root? He deserves more then that for what he has done for our club! I remember a certain Mr Reoder making The King Of Spain train with the reserves until he was saked!! What future does Wes have unless Houghton wakes up, changes his system and start playing some attacking football!!!

I agree he has had it tough, but the comments were over the line. Lack of respect for the club. Guess RVW and Elmander will have to pull their fingers out now.

If your boss didn''t appreciate what input you put into your job at work and you felt unappreciated wouldn''t you look to find a new job to better yourself? Is that not what he attempted to do by handing in a transfer request? Seems to me like the club are being very petty and not for the first time with a player!

I had some sympathy for him, but describing us as a Shithouse Club was out of order.

Without Norwich, the highlight of his career would have been Livingstone and Blackpool.

We only know what Wes was supposed to have said to the reporter on his departure, no one knows what was said prior to this, what events if any happened and Wes deserves the benefit of the doubt. After all he has contributed a damn site more to this club than Hughton to this point.

Most can agree that Wes is one of the  few players who has the guile to unlock a defence. Not many at our club appear to be able to do that.

Or did the club show him a lack of respect first by not playing him. Rejecting his transfer request. Still refusing to play him. But then state he is a Norwich City player. Yeah but a player they don''t even want to play. So why keep him!

Some fans are too quick to post their opinions without understanding people or situations. Yes players are overpaid, but some want to play and deserve to play. If they don''t and are treated badly, they want to leave.Have those who post their derogatory remarks about Hoolhan never worked in real situations where employees heads drop. It''s bl**dy hard trying to encourage them.It''s clear Hoolahan wants to play, and cuz he isn''t wants to leave. If thats the case, he''s paid his dues, so let him leave, and don''t castrate him. And yet fans who give "these opinions" aren''t big enough to take it when other fans have a go back!if he doesn;t play again, then this clubs got egg on it''s fave for paying players not to play. God, wish I was in that position and earn that money for warming a bench. If the manager won''t play him, he''s still got to pay him (unless you''re a spanish manager/owner) 

[quote user="Stangerz"]If the guy wants to leave, let him leave. Houghton has no plans for him! Why let him root? He deserves more then that for what he has done for our club! I remember a certain Mr Reoder making The King Of Spain train with the reserves until he was saked!! What future does Wes have unless Houghton wakes up, changes his system and start playing some attacking football!!![/quote] wow. Hughton gets slaughtered for playing 5across the middle, fans demand more attacking 442. We play 442, fans demand more attacking 451. Im not his biggest fan, but sometimes Hughton just cannot win

[quote user="Indy"]

We only know what Wes was supposed to have said to the reporter on his departure, no one knows what was said prior to this, what events if any happened and Wes deserves the benefit of the doubt. After all he has contributed a damn site more to this club than Hughton to this point.

Most can agree that Wes is one of the  few players who has the guile to unlock a defence. Not many at our club appear to be able to do that.

[/quote]

But I DO know what happened Indy, he''s made himself unavailable for selection and chucked a hissy fit when we haven''t folded under pressure from him and his agent.

His ability never has been in question and he certainly possesses that guile, we don''t see it often enough when he does play or at all when he doesn''t.

[quote user="Stangerz"]Or did the club show him a lack of respect first by not playing him. Rejecting his transfer request. Still refusing to play him. But then state he is a Norwich City player. Yeah but a player they don''t even want to play. So why keep him![/quote] Norwich are not showing Hoolahan a lack of respect by not playing him. Its football, not every player can play every game & no player has a divine right to play every game

[quote user="tele"]I had some sympathy for him, but describing us as a Shithouse Club was out of order.

Without Norwich, the highlight of his career would have been Livingstone and Blackpool.[/quote]And tele you know this for a fact. If you''re so good at predictions go win yourself a fortune on the lottery!Hindsight is such a wonderful thing!

Well said Samwarm27. My reasons for starting this post. Some fans don''t have a clue that these are real people we are talking about!

[quote user="Stangerz"]If your boss didn''t appreciate what input you put into your job at work and you felt unappreciated wouldn''t you look to find a new job to better yourself? Is that not what he attempted to do by handing in a transfer request? Seems to me like the club are being very petty and not for the first time with a player![/quote]

I might do but I wouldn''t slag the company off

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

But I DO know what happened Indy, he''s made himself unavailable for selection and chucked a hissy fit when we haven''t folded under pressure from him and his agent.

His ability never has been in question and he certainly possesses that guile, we don''t see it often enough when he does play or at all when he doesn''t.[/quote]Warren, correct me if I''m wrong, but a certain, much debated Becchio, hasn''t been treated particularly well by this club, had a hissy fit, and then amazingly got a game later that week. I hardly believe the manager suddenly thought Becchio deserves his chance, having never been picked prior to that. He must have been doing something right in training to be in the matchday squad, but only Hughton will know why then he never picks him. But he still bowed to Becchio''s comments. Wouldn''t Hughton have treated him the same and left him to rot. NO. He then played him.To be fair Hoolahan handed in a transfer request. Other clubs allegedly bidding for him is not of his doing. Whatever he did/didn''t say, the window for him has now closed, and all he can do is knuckle down and try and earn a place back in the team.Either we''ll see that happen or we won''t. Hopefully we will, cuz he can still play a huge part for us given the chance

It''s not necessary what formation you play.. it''s knowing your players strengths and playing to them. Hence Paul Lamberts very successful diamond formation. Although teams knew we would play it, that was our strength and it got us promoted twice.

Clearly a 442 or 451 don''t play to our players strengths. I would like to see a 4-1-3-2 formation. That would allow Fer/Wes to play in that attacking midfield role just behind the two stickers but along side Snoddy/Pilks in the middle.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Like Hughton gets the benefit of the doubt Indy. You and others don''t know what goes on in training or team talks but it doesn''t stop the abuse. If you''re going to have principles it''s probably best to use them across the board and not selectively..

Becchio has been treated just fine from where I sit. Just another case of players not playing magically improving in fans eyes, along with the likes of Tierney, Fox and, to a lesser degree, Hoolahan.

If you think Hughton played him on the basis of what was said, you''re gravely mistaken, as this Hoolahan episode has proved.

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="tele"]I had some sympathy for him, but describing us as a Shithouse Club was out of order.

Without Norwich, the highlight of his career would have been Livingstone and Blackpool.[/quote]And tele you know this for a fact. If you''re so good at predictions go win yourself a fortune on the lottery!Hindsight is such a wonderful thing![/quote]

No, I don''t that for a fact. But what I do know is that nobody had heard of Wes before we signed him. It is because of Norwich City that he has played in the Prem and become an international footballer.

However frustrated he was with his situation, to call Norwich a Shithouse club was stupid, and showed contempt for the club that gave him the opportunity to play at the top level. More importantly, it showed contempt for the fans who have supported him.

Lots of footballers have been denied transfer requests over the years. But I can''t think of another who called their club a Shithouse.

To be honest, I hope he plays for us again, and if he does, I will support him and hope he does well. But I can''t excuse his behaviour.

[quote user="Stangerz"]Well said Samwarm27. My reasons for starting this post. Some fans don''t have a clue that these are real people we are talking about![/quote]

Indeed Stangerz. From Worthy through Doncaster, Delia and Hughton they''re all real people. From The Doc through Hughes, Fotheringham and Hoolahan they''re all real people too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Like Hughton gets the benefit of the doubt Indy. You and others don''t know what goes on in training or team talks but it doesn''t stop the abuse. If you''re going to have principles it''s probably best to use them across the board and not selectively..

[/quote]

Nutty I know we see things differently but one thing I can say I have never abused or said anything abusive about hughton.....I have said that the footballis boring and questioned the attitude of players during games, tactics and results, but never given any abuse!

I agree that some on here have and I have an opinion the same as others. I think his time here has not improved our game or the team, but we are sitting 12th but is that because other teams are just as poor? It would be good to see where 24 points woulld have sat us in the previous two seasons?

Becchio has to be one of the bizarre signings. Why swap him for Morrison then decide to never play him! Did Morrison not score more goals in his first season in the Prem then both the Wolf and Hooper have put together this season so far! Bit of a difference in paying £3m from Millwall and a joint £15m for the Wolf and Hopper! Does that not show if we played to players strengths instead of a set formation we might score some goals! Think Becchio has been treated unfairly and not given a chance from day one!

I said a few days ago that we would not sell him and that he should spend the rest of the season playing in the U-21s. On reflection that was unfair. Why should one of our promising youngsters make way for him?

I don''t want him to kick another ball (sideways) for NCFC again.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty I know we see things differently but one thing I can say I have never abused or said anything abusive about hughton.....I have said that the footballis boring and questioned the attitude of players during games, tactics and results, but never given any abuse!

I agree that some on here have and I have an opinion the same as others. I think his time here has not improved our game or the team, but we are sitting 12th but is that because other teams are just as poor? It would be good to see where 24 points woulld have sat us in the previous two seasons?

[/quote]

Pffffft.

Can we get relegated with this seasons points total last season or the season before then? Or is this seasons points total relevant to this season? Perhaps you could arrange for retrospective relegation because our 2014 performance would have seen us go down in 2012? While you''re at it, Manchester United want last seasons points total for them and last seasons goals tally for Man City, 2011s points total for Arsenal etc....

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well said Indy. I asked exactly this same question a few days ago (& got lambasted for it!). Everyone agrees our football isn;t great, and everyone has their opinions on Hughton (me too and I originally wanted him in) But we''ve kept 8 clean sheets and are in 12th. It ain''t pretty but if Hughton keeps picking up the odd result, pulls more rabbits out of hats, whatever, and keeps us up, it''s highly likely he''ll keep his job. And then we can "hope" about how we''ll strengthen again in the summer. If we go down, who knows what will happenEvery manager  is different and plays different styles. Lambert was gung ho and we applauded his and the teams never say die. Hughton is defensively minded, and his set up shows that. We should be grateful we are currently in mid table. Only time will tell if we stay there.

Again i point out... If it was you in his shoes at your place of work how would you feel. you feel under appreciated. not utilised and what to further yourself so you apply for anoyher job and your work reject your resignation... how would you feel?

Even better you then suggest he should train with the under 21s! Again how would you feel if your boss then demoted you on the basis you looked for a new job.

Again I think some people forget these are real people''s life''s we are talking about.

I don''t care if he called us a ''shithouse club'' or not. Along with Holt, he did more to take us from D1 to the Prem than any other player. I''m sad that fans forget that in order to support a man who is taking us in the opposite direction.