Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan Incident at Colney?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Another PL club in for Hoolahan according to Mick Dennis. Probably for the best as Wes has burnt his bridges at NCFC. If we can get a decent repalcement in then i''ll be happy. I can''t believe we haven''t replaced him already to be honest. I know we tried in summer, but we''ve had ages since then to get a deal sorted. It''s been clear that Elmander isn''t the link up man needed and long term we need a new player anyway. I only hope we have someone great in mind. Time to break the bank for someone.[/quote]

That just isn''t going to happen in the 8 remaining hours of a transfer window.

How do you know Bethnal? We could be in talks with somebody right now.

You can agree a deal 5 minutes before the deadline, the FA just have to receive the papers by fax before the deadline.

The club haven''t said that transfer business has finished.

I expect Hoolahan to be gone, probably not to Villa but somewhere else, and wouldn''t surprise me at all if we brought in a domestic loan. We are allowed two domestic loans and currently only have one.

[quote user="Le Juge"]How do you know Bethnal? We could be in talks with somebody right now. You can agree a deal 5 minutes before the deadline, the FA just have to receive the papers by fax before the deadline. The club haven''t said that transfer business has finished. I expect Hoolahan to be gone, probably not to Villa but somewhere else, and wouldn''t surprise me at all if we brought in a domestic loan. We are allowed two domestic loans and currently only have one.[/quote]

That wouldn''t surprise me either, what I doubt is if Norwich would ''break the bank'' for a big signing in such a short period.

Well I agree there, but I''m disappointed that we haven''t been more ambitious in the loan market. Some big names moving about on loan.

Geez it''s hard dealing with simpletons.

He''s being disrespected in that no consideration is being given to a move while being left out of the rotation. D''errrr!

If he''s not good enough to make the bench, why not let him move on? If he''s really that bad, give him to Villa on the cheap so he can start there and ruin their season. We could sabotage a rival and look like the good guys while doing it.

Keeping him just to keep him is petty.

[quote user="Le Juge"]How do you know Bethnal? We could be in talks with somebody right now.

You can agree a deal 5 minutes before the deadline, the FA just have to receive the papers by fax before the deadline.

The club haven''t said that transfer business has finished.

I expect Hoolahan to be gone, probably not to Villa but somewhere else, and wouldn''t surprise me at all if we brought in a domestic loan. We are allowed two domestic loans and currently only have one.[/quote]I am not saying it will happen this time, but from memory the Ryan Bennett deal (which at the time was close to our transfer record) was done very late, with news of it being completed not getting out until quite a while after the window had shut. It may even have been the next morning.

A lot of transfers are finalised the day after the deadline.

The FA just has to receive the completed registration forms before the deadline (which is 11pm).

So if we fax over the documents at 10.50pm, the FA may not clear the transfer until the early hours of the next morning.

Last year I can remember one transfer being confirmed the following afternoon!

[quote user="Le Juge"]Well I agree there, but I''m disappointed that we haven''t been more ambitious in the loan market. Some big names moving about on loan.[/quote]

Holtby is the only one I am really jealous of, but then Fulham have had to get rid of Bebatov to fund the huge wages Holtby is on - just not possible for Norwich at the moment.

The loan fee for Ince is reportedly going for around £1m which is very steep for a position Norwich don''t really need another player in same goes for Zaha. Zaha, has barely kicked a ball in the Prem and considering Man U have been so desperate for someone dynamic on the wing it is strange he hasn''t been that close - could be he isn''t as good as a lot of the hype.

Will be intersting to watch how many of these transfers pan out - but as yet I''m not overally concerned with other teams business. Fulham are doing an impressive impression of QPR this time last January for me.

So, in your world Houston, Wes wasn''t even making the matchday squad. Back in reality, he was regularly making the bench and had forced his way into the starting lineup against Palace and Utd. It was only after his "injury"/strop that he has been left out.

So tell me who is the simpleton again?

"but then Fulham have had to get rid of Bebatov to fund the huge wages Holtby is on"

Berbatov was always going to be gone in this deadline as he is out of contract at the end of this season.

They haven''t sold Berbatov to bring in Holtby, because Berbatov was off anyway.

But the rumour is that they will get Holtby with no loan fee as part of the Berbatov deal if he returns to Spurs.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Le Juge"]How do you know Bethnal? We could be in talks with somebody right now. You can agree a deal 5 minutes before the deadline, the FA just have to receive the papers by fax before the deadline. The club haven''t said that transfer business has finished. I expect Hoolahan to be gone, probably not to Villa but somewhere else, and wouldn''t surprise me at all if we brought in a domestic loan. We are allowed two domestic loans and currently only have one.[/quote]

I am not saying it will happen this time, but from memory the Ryan Bennett deal (which at the time was close to our transfer record) was done very late, with news of it being completed not getting out until quite a while after the window had shut. It may even have been the next morning.

[/quote]

True, but Norwich piggy backed on Swansea''s hard work - they agreed the fee and terms etc with Posh/Bennett - but as he was about to set off to Swansea to sign it all his agent arranged him a slightly better deal with Norwich and he turned around. Much easier to gazump an exisiting deal that set up a new one (ask Chelsea and Tottenham/Liverpool).

Houston. He was getting in the first team until he threw his toys out. Going public is disrespectful to his team and colleagues. And cost him a lot of good will.

The club won''t sell to Villa so he can sulk in a corner or wait until the end of the season and then bugger off.

Simple.........ton.

Would be ridiculous if we sold Hoolahan to another premier league club for less than or same as the third and final offer that Villa made last night. Would be leaving it late to replace. All because McNally doesn''t like Lambert.

He won''t leave unless a player is replacing him. I really hope we''d just pull something out of the bag and get rid of that waste of space. All so Villa can waste a bit more money on him.

[quote user="birchfest"]4th bid from an unnamed club... Hahah suck it villa![/quote]Bit amateurish if we sell for sell to another club though as some reports on Twitter are suggesting.

Does anyone actually know how much Villa bid or will we ever know how much this new bid is.

It will go down as undisclosed so it will only ever be speculation as to the value.

There is no way that McNally will let on how much the accepted bid is unless he wants to get top dollar from Villa and get shot of Wes.

If they want him that badly, make them pay.....

How many games has he been left on the bench while we struggle to get the ball past the mid line for more than a few seconds? Everyone knew he should be subbed in but that wasn''t part of Plan A.

When he first made public comments, he disappeared from the team. When Beccio did it, he suddenly went from persona non grata to regular sub. Why the substandard treatment for someone who''s done so much for the club?

The path the club seemed to be taking publicly had as perhaps an unintended consequence the destruction of Hoolahan''s career. Once again for those hard of thinking, this is disrespectful to a loyal servant of the club.

What is the fear of selling him to Villa? Are we afraid to find out another "past it" Canary still has plenty left to offer if utilized appropriately?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]How many games has he been left on the bench while we struggle to get the ball past the mid line for more than a few seconds? Everyone knew he should be subbed in but that wasn''t part of Plan A. When he first made public comments, he disappeared from the team. When Beccio did it, he suddenly went from persona non grata to regular sub. Why the substandard treatment for someone who''s done so much for the club? [/quote]

Because Wes said he ''wasn''t in the right mind to play'' - Becchio never refused to play or be on the bench for Norwich. Also Becchio never handed in a transfer request. Hoolahan was in the team and playing until he kicked off - while I don''t bare him any ill will, he is currently in a situation of his own making.

I get that, BYG, but I''m sure he was being needlessly dramatic and the coaches and manager knew this.

If he really was out of sorts mentally, we were equally so when we didnt accept the first bid that cAme in for him.

This whole event is a replay of the Lambert fiasco. The club denies a legend a sniff at what''s available, legend gets angry, fans divided on who''s the bad guy, legend leaves anyway.

Lots of spilt blood to wind up where it did anyways. Korean War-esque.

Where did all this "disrespect" to wes bullpoop come from?

Villa have tried to unsettle a player, it worked... but he is under contract here so ....do one villa

As for Wes. ..like I said...work on your passing and shooting and you might get more games

Bethnall and CarrowCanary seem to have nailed this between them nicely. As for not selling to Villa, well if you really think about it and we were in the shoes of the Norwich Board I really do think that the overwhelming majority would NOT consider a Villa bid. Why?......because of the way it appeared they tapped up Lambert, Lamberts behaviour and lack of respect towards our club since (pathetic fist pumping routine), what appears to have been a derisory offer, what appeared to be tapping up and unsettling of Hoolahan.......plenty of reasons not to do business with a club, and a Manager who I feel have really shown a complete lack of class including and since the Lambert move. I also think that Hoolahan has had a lucky escape and now needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and prove to the management that he is still worth at least a place on the bench and for the right matches a starting place.  

I''m personally delighted that we haven''t sold Hoolahan to anybody, Villa or not.

If we have a change of manager then players on the fringes get a fresh start and I''m certainly not going to write off Hoolahan.