Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan Incident at Colney?

After all he has done for us the least we could do is let him leave with a bit of dignity rather than drag him through the mud. Best player we have had at our club since Hucks and it should never of come to this.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]"a f***ing s***house club" -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-aston-villa-transfers-wes-3095039[/quote]Aston Viler- Scummy club using a scummy paper to try and help them pull off their usual scummy old trick again.[/quote]

It''s being reported very widely, not just The Mirror. Now Norwich a f-ing s-house club is all over the media.

It''s not the club who have dragged him through the mud, he''s thrown himself in it like the most eager Glastonbury hippy. The facts are simple, he willingly signed a contract last season and the club have every right not to sell him. Equally no player has a right to be picked each week. The logic of a 25 man squad necessitates that 14 of those players won''t start in each particular game. Should we expect all 14 of them to slag off the club and demand a transfer? Of course not. The only sh*t behaviour here is coming from Hoolahan

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Not sure why posters think the club should cave in to Wes just because he has spat his dummy out. Wes is contracted to Norwich City who have a valuation for him......[/quote]It''s quite simply really, and not for those reasons.Of course we have a contract and we''re absolutely right in trying not to be pressured into selling on the cheap, but when it comes to the crunch, do we want to PAY 600k or more in wages for the guy until the summer to do nothing but sit there in the reserves/U21''s with a bad attitude which could easily disrput other players (especially when he''s insulted the club and made it abundantly clear he wants out), or do we save those wages AND get back maybe 1-1.5mil in a transfer fee for him as well?The pragmatic approach is to take the money and move on, rather than sticking purely to principle and contract law just so we can get our pound of flesh for no actual benefit at the end of it...

I agree that''s the pragmatic approach Indy but the danger is then that any player who wants to leave can adopt a similar strategy. So the long term damage could be much more significant.

Bottom line is that for things to get to this stage shows there is a serious issue with the management team, if we were a happy ship behind the scenes he wouldn''t want to leave.

I get what you''re saying TW, but this is the sad reality of modern top flight football.If a player wants out - chances are it''ll happen one way or another, particularly if it''s a ''big'' club who want their services.It doesn''t make it right, it doesn''t make it fair, but them''s the apples I''m afraid...

I think we should bring back Roeder as his personal trainer.

Stick him with the young boys!

I suspect the only way he would be allowed to leave no matter what is if we get someone in to replace him before we release him.

People on here go on about how he deserves it, after this he deserves nothing other than being told to sit down and shut up and show some respect.

If, and it''s a big if we get someone else in of similar type, then we should get rid of him to Villa. I personally don''t want to see him pull on a Norwich shirt ever again and I would imagine the kit man will be pleased to get rid of him so he doesn''t have to cut the feet off socks anymore. Always thought that was a strange thing to do to bring you luck!?!?

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]I personally don''t want to see him pull on a Norwich shirt ever again[/quote]But you''d rather he sat there rotting whilst we pay him 20k+ a week instead of actually getting something out of it......even stranger!

11 pages of Big Hairy Dangling Beans....

We are a threat to Villa being in the bottom half..Lambert made some comments knowing he had lit the fuse.....stood back to have a good laugh.

We is our player...end of..If he worked on his passing and shooting perhaps he would play more.

Sod it keep him here, make him play in the reserves and sell him to a top championship club next season. I''m sure there would be plenty of suitors in the championship that can afford to pay the same or more than the derisory offer that the brummy penny pinchers offered

[quote user="Troll-op"]Sod it keep him here, make him play in the reserves and sell him to a top championship club next season. I''m sure there would be plenty of suitors in the championship that can afford to pay the same or more than the derisory offer that the brummy penny pinchers offered[/quote]

Morning Wiz.

So you''re happy are you Indy with the way he has conducted himself through all of this?

This was always going to be a difficult one as the club have the right to not sell him, they also have a right to expect one of their players to behave in a respectable manner, which he hasn''t.

Had he not come out in the press declaring his love for Lambert and then his little outburst yesterday, I would have a reasonable amount of sympathy for him being stuck in a club where he is unhappy, after the press stuff and the little outburst he has soured it for me and I suspect a lot of others.

Yes of course I will want him to do well for the team if he does pull the shirt on, but I won''t lose any sleep if we now pack him off to a championship club on loan.

Sometimes you have to make a stand against people and they tactics that Villa/Lambert have used should be reported to the FA. It has done no-one any favours has it.

It wouldn''t surprise me if Lambert gets another club to do his bidding now and takes him on loan off them for the season ALA Holt at Wigan

How sad it has all ended up...

Essentially we made Wes, rescued him from Livingstone (look what happened to them!) and brought him in and given him the best period of his career.

Wes has always been in and out of the side from day 1. even under Lambert we went times when Wes didn''t even make the bench. he might have the Ump but to treat the club who rescued him from pssible obscurity is wrong. He might want to leave but should maintain an air of professionalism for the sake of the club and the fans.

I hope we sell him now, but to a championship club.. I also hope, from an unkind point of view that when he''s sitting on the bench he thinks back to his time with us and howwell thought of he was by the fans and feels a tinge of guilt at how it could all have ended so differently.

go Away Wes... if you cant accept what you have had then you will never be in acceptance of what you are about to receive. Better players than you have never had the career you have due to numerous reasons.

Enjoy training with the under 21s.. and enjoy the championship subs bench next season....

Loan him to championship with a view to buy and they pay some\most of his wages. Surely Middlesborough, leicester,derby all teams pushing for promotion could do with an experienced play maker that''s been promoted knows what it takes etc etc

Spending time on this site has convinced me there needs to be a full psychological evaluation taken out when you get a season ticket and then maybe every 5 years after that. It''s quite clear a lot of folks aren''t psychologically able to cope with football which is hilarious and terrifying at the same time. If they can''t cope with an insufficiency satisfying level of attackin play at a football match then how do they cope when thy have a row with the missus or the car fails the MOT? Give her a slap and torch the garage?

McNally, psych assessments, make it happen!

[quote user="I.S."]Err... didn''t we get him from Blackpool?[/quote]

i thought it was Livingstone? either way.. we saved him from the toilet bowl of english Football.

Actually, the season we went down, Blackpool went up to the prem, so there was no "saving" done, were were just a bigger club in the same division at the time.

I had hoped we''d have upgraded from him now to be honest.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]I personally don''t want to see him pull on a Norwich shirt ever again[/quote]But you''d rather he sat there rotting whilst we pay him 20k+ a week instead of actually getting something out of it......even stranger![/quote]We appear to be in a significantly healthy enough financial position to be able to do this. I believe they call it playing hardball.I think that a significant number of neutral fans across the country would back our stance over Wes''s toy chucking…and lets be honest here, Wes has been played like a fish on a line by Paul Lambert, and hasn''t come out of this at all well. A contract should have some credibility attached to it. After all, we have to abide by contracts we sign, why should a footballer be any different?I hope he remains here and gets back into the team as I think we are better with him than without him. How he is accommodated is a different matter altogether.

He''s being disrespected by his employer while simultaneously being denied a chance to move to where he will be respected and utilized aappropriately.

Of course he''s gonna say some harsh things. I see similar language on here for far less serious offenses, especially from morty when he''s on a binge.

Another PL club in for Hoolahan according to Mick Dennis. Probably for the best as Wes has burnt his bridges at NCFC. If we can get a decent repalcement in then i''ll be happy. I can''t believe we haven''t replaced him already to be honest. I know we tried in summer, but we''ve had ages since then to get a deal sorted. It''s been clear that Elmander isn''t the link up man needed and long term we need a new player anyway.

I only hope we have someone great in mind. Time to break the bank for someone.

Houston, are you trolling again, or is that your serious opinion?

[quote user="Buh"]Spending time on this site has convinced me there needs to be a full psychological evaluation taken out when you get a season ticket and then maybe every 5 years after that. It''s quite clear a lot of folks aren''t psychologically able to cope with football which is hilarious and terrifying at the same time. If they can''t cope with an insufficiency satisfying level of attackin play at a football match then how do they cope when thy have a row with the missus or the car fails the MOT? Give her a slap and torch the garage?

McNally, psych assessments, make it happen![/quote]

Haha! Best thing I''ve ever read on here. I''ve been thinking the same thing for ages. They''re mental aren''t they? the minority I mean.

How is he being disrespected? Because he''s not getting as many games as he likes? That''s football.

"i thought it was Livingstone? either way.. we saved him from the toilet bowl of english Football."

We bought him from Blackpool but the deal was complicated because Blackpool still owed Livingstone the transfer fee and we had to wait for clearance until that was resolved.