Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan Incident at Colney?

Wes is a bit of a plank if he thinks this is the way to go about things. If we don''t want to sell we don''t have to, he was more than happy to sign a contract extension at the time and I imagine he is paid a shed-load for it + would normally be at least in the squad. In return we, the club and supporters, should be entitled for him to at least behave professionally rather than like a spoilt child.

Someone mentioned ''it''s ok for Holt but not Wes, is it?'' . The answer is ''no'': Holt blotted his copybook for many with his antics in 2012, now Wes is doing the same. It will always leave a sour taste and that is a shame.

The stupid thing is that even if he went to Villa, I can''t see him being anything more than a squad player.

[quote user="skippdogg"]8 pages, you lot are sad[/quote]

Half of it is pointing out what a ret@rd juge is, 4 pages isn''t too bad though

Lincoln Canary being reasonable. A lot of wild assumptions being made, fans should remember what he has achieved here before jumping to conclusions and criticising him without any context at all. That makes me the idiot apparently.

Well perhaps I should conform to the pink un norm then...

Wot a disgrace dat hoolahoop is slaggin off tha fans and all dat saying we is sh*t and all dat otha stuff dat sky news reckon he said accordin to some twitter twerps but can''t rememba what he actually said or whatever but is disgraceful innit. That juggy is an idiot cos he is stickin up for hooliganahan just cos nobody no wot he actually sed and all that.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Juge, if Wes wants to follow the Webster procedure then he can do so. If it applies to him. Is he two years into his contract?

But he has not done so so my argument remains[/quote]Indeed. Hoolahan is only just over a year into his contract, so the Webster Ruling does not apply. And this was what Hoolahan said on signing that contract:"I am over the moon. I always wanted to sign a new deal and the club have given me the opportunity to sign a long-term deal here. I couldn''t be happier. I am here until 2015, I have been here for four years and that would take me to seven. I have really enjoyed my time here, my family love it here and it is great to pencil it down and I am just looking forward to the rest of the season now."He seems to have been pretty clued up about what the consequences of the contract were, and to be perfectly content with them.

Presumably he believed that he would remain in Hughton''s first team plans when signing that contract.

Le Juge''s silence on the Webster ruling and attempts to deflect speaks volumes...

I personally hope Hughton can talk Wes round as he did with Holt and he will stay and play his part, as I think we look far more dangerous when he is on the pitch. That said, at his age, you can''t blame the manager for not building the team around him.

It''s quite clear that he said something derogatory towards the club, else why would it be reported. It all still comes back to the way that this has been handled and the only ones who have been clear have been the club.

1. Villa make an approach for Wes

2. It gets leaked so the club come out and state that he''s not for sale

3. Lambert and Holt go to the press about what a great player he is etc etc

4. Club reiterate he is not for sale

5. Wes hands in transfer request

6. Transfer request is denied

7. Wes tells the press how he wants to leave, and what an all round great guy Lambert is and how he wants to play for him

8. Club reiterate he is not for sale

9. Wes throws his toys out of the pram and says something to Sky. Granted we won''t know exactly what was said but that is irrelevant really!

Someone is advising Wes, is that the agent or is he be advised on how to behave for the benefit of those that want him. Again we will never know for certain but who has the most to gain from this?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Presumably he believed that he would remain in Hughton''s first team plans when signing that contract.[/quote]Unless you are some world-class genius any professional footballer (and particularly one coming towards the end of their career) who assumes that is an idiot. You would be an idiot to assume the manager at that time will stay the manager.He agreed a lucrative contract with his eyes wide open and now regrets it. That is tough. But he is hardly some teenage innocent conned into signing away his life and his work.At least you have seen enough sense to drop this notion that he has some legal claim to walk out of Carrow Road.

To be honest I don''t really care. Hoolahan won''t be sold. The dumb thing is, if he''d suggested to Hughton that he''d like to leave in the summer of 2014, if he wasn''t going to be extended past 2015, I think Hughton would have agreed. Unless he knows that Villa have a limited budget now, and that this may change in the summer. Given his antics, he''ll be pushed out in the summer regardless.

Le Juge - In your opinion Wes is our best player, personally I do not agree with you, nor do I agree with your opinion that NCFC are shit. If we get an offer for Wes that meets our valuation then I am sure we will let Wes go, not sure what the club have done wrong in refusing to let one of their squad leave without having a replacement lined up, we need all of the squad to be knuckling down and striving to help keep NCFC in the Premiership....

"In your opinion Wes is our best player, personally I do not agree with you"

Yes that is my opinion. You are welcome to yours.

Best player or not no way can i see Hoolahan ever playing for Norwich again , how can you play somebody who has said we are a shithouse club .

I will wait until this is confirmed by a source that I trust (e.g. the club) before making my own judgement. We know two words and no context.

Unless you have a source? The reaction to this has been ridiculous considering the complete lack of information.

No one is bigger than the club. He should be punished for his public outburst and if he never plays for us again. So be it.

Well if it was in front of a television crew then we will find out one way or the other whether it is true, I will await the clubs / Hughtons statement.

Perhaps this Sky Sports News television crew will miraculously lose their video evidence.

Cannot see him staying tomorrow, especially after what has been done and said. Reports in Birmingham seem to suggest Villa will try and push it through tomorrow. May as well cash in now, can''t see a better fee from anyone coming in the summer if he''s not playing and at his age. Villa would likely move onto long term player targets in summer window.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Not sure why posters think the club should cave in to Wes just because he has spat his dummy out. Wes is contracted to Norwich City who have a valuation for him......[/quote]Been a great servant to the club for years, hardly kicking a ball and had gone through the right methods to try and leave the club for one last move. Clearly has no future here. It''s only because it is Villa that there is such a fuss in my opinion.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Personally could not care less if it is Villa, if they meet our valuation I have no issue with us selling Wes to them. My point remains that no amount of dummy spitting should alter the fact Wes goes on our terms and not his or his agents.......[/quote]Thats fair enough yeah, wonder what our valuation is. Guardian tonight saying Villa have made a second bid in last 24 hours which was rejected, after a first bid of £1 million.

Do not see how they can let him go now , it would be saying any player that wants out just has to slag the club off to get his own way . Wes''s bad luck that the team that wanted him were Villa or he would more likely than not have got his move , now he has to rot n the reserves until summer .

[quote user="Warren Hill"]If he takes Le Juge with him, I''ll chip in to help meet the valuation.[/quote]Ha![:D]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Not sure why posters think the club should cave in to Wes just because he has spat his dummy out. Wes is contracted to Norwich City who have a valuation for him......[/quote]Exactly.And anyone who is negative towards the club right now will spin it whatever way suits, either the board will be wrong for treating a "club legend" in such a way, or they will be wrong for letting him go.

Why would we sell to Villa unless they pay over the odds for him? they are a clear rival and we play them soon i just don''t understand why so many people are supporting him. his comments today (if true) are a disgrace and the clubs reaction will be vital as they need to make a stand against this type of behavior. i think it will be best if we all hold back until we hear the party line from the club tomorrow. at the moment however i really want the club to dig its heels in on this one as lets face it whatever we get for him wont fund a suitable replacement.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]"a f***ing s***house club" -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-aston-villa-transfers-wes-3095039[/quote]Aston Viler- Scummy club using a scummy paper to try and help them pull off their usual scummy old trick again.