Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hoolahan Incident at Colney?

"he must get in with it and fulfill his contractual and employment law obligations. He does not have a legal or moral right to be disruptive to force his view on his employer"

Webster Ruling, otherwise known as Article 17.

Le Juge:

Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.[10][11] Article 17 was introduced in December 2004, with effect from 1 July 2005.[12]

I freely admit I know very little about contract law, and may be wrong, but I understand that Wes signed a new contract a little over 12 months ago meaning it is well under the 24 month limit. Did you even read your own link?

Exactly CC and links to what I said in my post re villa fans.

He is being played by Villa, or more likely Lambert or getting some really bad advice from his agent, either way he has a contract which suits both parties, ie he gets paid no matter what and the club gets a commitment for as long as he has that contract, unfortunately for Wes that''s still another 15 months.

Juge, if Wes wants to follow the Webster procedure then he can do so. If it applies to him. Is he two years into his contract?

But he has not done so so my argument remains

He''s been a very loyal player, and on his day one of the most exciting I''ve seen at Carrow Road. Legends don''t tend to chuck their toys out of their pram though.

If Villa really have bid £1.7m, and we are holding out for £2m, the basically Villa are going to find a few hundred grand extra and he will be gone.

Any other discussion is futile if those reports are correct, there is no way this transfer will fail over a few hundred grand.

He''s been a very loyal player, and on his day one of the most exciting I''ve seen at Carrow Road. Legends don''t tend to chuck their toys out of their pram though.

-----------------------------------------

precisely.

Just as hughton understands this is a difficult time for wes, wes must understand that we are either unwilling to sell to a direct competitor, or that we will not sell unless the right bid is made.

swearing about the club and/or the situation to a reporter is not the way to go about this.

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Part of being a legend is the way you conduct yourself, is it not?[/quote]Apparently it was ok for Holt to get away with it, but somehow it''s different rules for Wes...?

Who says it was okay for Holt and not okay for Wes? Or is that a straw-man argument?

I personally believed Holt let his true colours show with his conduct around the transfer request and after he had left the club. And why should we expect any different? These players obviously are loyal to number one before anything else, and in which case, the club should be strong and not accept any deal that does not value the asset to our valuation.

Pinkun gets to 81 pages discussing possible Quagliarella transfer to NCFC, Villa Talk 72 discussing possible Wes transfer. Who''s the small club?

Then again, maybe Brummies just talk a lot.

If he thinks he''s hard done by he should look at what it''s like for a service man who doesn''t want to stay in the forces, contracts are set in stone or it can cost him/her loads of money to get out and not his /her future boss Has Wes got £3mil spare

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I''d be fairly certain he wasn''t saying Norwich City are f**king s**t (although many would disagree), it''s more a description of his current situation.  "So how are things for you Wes", you can imagine the reporter asking, and in the squeaky little Irish accent "Dair not good to be honest, f**king s**t at the moment as I''m not playing and they wont let me go".Disclaimer for the board Police - These are my assumptions, not based on fact or any meetings with MWJ.[/quote]

Don''t know if I''m an officer in your board Police but I for one wouldn''t have thought you said MWJ wanted Hughton gone if you hadn''t said so...

Poor old Juggy[:''(]

I''m still trying to work out how a player in a squad of 25 who''s started 5 out of 23 games can be viewed as surplus to requirements when you have to name a match day squad of 18?

"These players obviously are loyal to number one before anything else"

Just as well they don''t live in North Korea then isn''t it.

"I''m still trying to work out how a player in a squad of 25 who''s started 5 out of 23 games can be viewed as surplus to requirements when you have to name a match day squad of 18?"

Not hard to work out even for you Nigel. Snodgrass and Pilkington back from injury, Guiterrez incoming. How many of those 5 starts would have happened if we weren''t short of wingers?

Answer on a postcard please bright spark.

Still waiting for your reply on Section 17 Le Juge...

Surely the fact we''ve had those injuries, and have needed to play him implies he he is not surplus to requirements. Or am I missing something?

He''s finished at this club unless Hughton can sweet-talk him and the fans round, a hard task imo.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Said on Sky Sports news he slagged of the club the fans and the region .[/quote]

In just two swear words? Wow impressive.......... Seriously this is a momentous overreaction caused by a sky sports journalist stirring it up in the hope for a story when they get there moment in the spotlight on transfer day. It''s utterly farcical.