Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

Wes to stay

It is correct that he stays unless we sign a replacement beforehand today. Given his public criticism of the club i cannot see him featuring in the future a sad end to a good career here

I''m glad we haven''t been pushed into letting him go.  Would have been gutting to have him laying on the pass for Holt to score against us.

I suspect that things will settle down in a bit and he''ll end up playing a role as a squad player for the rest of the season.  We shall see.

Ha do some of you lot watch any football? I''d be amazed if he isn''t in the starting 11 come February. Footballers have said and done a lot worse and ended up playing for their teams again and it''s all water under the bridge. He will want to play regardless of his recent attitude.

I won''t believe it until the window closes.

When it does I will be chuffed if he is still here. I know it''s not what Hooly wants but I hope that when the summer comes Hughton will be gone and a new manager will come in, see Wes as our most entertaining player and build a team around him, on his quest to make us an established premier league club with a reputation of playing good football. Everyone one a winner (except Hughton but he wouldn''t be a loser - well at least set up not to).

I don''t blame Wes at all for his outburst - he was stupid to say it to press, but I would expect him to think it or say it in private.

I understand the usual debates about Hoolahan but for me he has been and still is one of my favourite players that I want to see in the team. I tend to enjoy it more when he plays.

[quote user="The gut"]I hope that when the summer comes Hughton will be gone and a new manager will come in, see Wes as our most entertaining player and build a team around him[/quote]WTF???You want a new manager to build a team around a 32 year old attacking midfielder who hardly ever scores (or even gets many assists) and who has maybe 1-2 years at best left in him at this level???Jesus wept, and I thought some of the Hughton supporters were demented...

Wes is probably my favourite player here - certainly the most exciting - but he''s never really seemed part of the ''team''. Always seems a bit aloof, no real connection with NCFC; always gives his best, but purely because that''s what he does.

Now I know 99% of professional players are only concerned about their career & will play for the best club they can. It''s their job, & I wouldn''t expect anything else. Take Grant as an example; I''m sure he''d have much rather played for Carlisle, but while he was here he had a good relationship with the fans, he knew the value of good PR. I''m sure Martin & EB aren''t in love with the club, but they always look involved & realise their good fortune to be here.

Wes is a different character. That''s fine. But I do wonder if it''s part of the reason he hasn''t done better? Perhaps not as much of a team player as he could be?

I do remember that strange incident after Colchester stuffed us. Never quite understood his attitude that day. Perhaps it was more significant than I thought (or hoped).

[quote user="The gut"]Come on Indy,

You''re taking it far too seriously.[/quote]Oh, so your post was just a joke then was it (maybe you should make this clearer in future)...?

I think you are taking it far far too seriously Indy.

I wouldn''t say it was a joke. More a lighthearted dream.

I am not planning NCFC''s future.

I''m bored of Hughton''s game plans.

I''m an admirer of elements of Hoolahan''s game. I generally prefer watching when he plays.

I shouldn''t need to make anything clear.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]It is correct that he stays unless we sign a replacement beforehand today. Given his public criticism of the club i cannot see him featuring in the future a sad end to a good career here[/quote]

well done Lambert

I want him gone. For his own good and for ours. Maybe he can go and have a holiday at Celtic, a few CL games, the love of all the irish people and we can actually get someone decent in.

You have to have a dream. If you don''t have a dream how you gonna have a dream come true.

Dream on track!

Dreams can come true