[quote user="nutty nigel"]

‘Tis the season for whining and complaining, apparently. These kids are a bit

disappointed with their Christmas gifts… [via the

meta
]

[/quote]

That is brilliant Nutty.

Oh for a multi-coloured swap shop!

quote user="canarybubbles"Like NWC, I think every single team will probably finish above us. I don''t say this because of the lack of activity in the window but because the football is getting worse and worse and we are starting to look like a club divided. The first half of the game against Newcastle was the worst tripe we''ve seen since the days of Colchester at home - and should have led to the same result. But in my opinion the window made no difference because we haven''t done the one thing that might just save us. Sack Hughton. As long as he is there it doesn''t matter which new players we get, he will manage to drag them down to his level within three games. /quote

Do you know that the day we picked up a point against a very good Newcastle team, we also increased the point gap between us and three other teams in the bottom half of the table.

‘Tis the season for whining and complaining, apparently. These kids are a bit disappointed with their Christmas gifts… [via the meta]

Sorry, but what an absolutely pathetic post - what has children whining about Xmas presents got to do with football supporters who pay hard earned cash to watch a football team, and after such games give their opinions towards that club which they are fully entitled to do?

Well I enjoyed your post Nutty. An inventive way of making your point. Lost on many I fear.

Tangentially it was worth it just for highlighting that someone thought it a good idea to call their kid Finnick.

quote user="Sussexyellow"‘Tis the season for whining and complaining, apparently. These kids are a bit disappointed with their Christmas gifts… [via the meta]

Sorry, but what an absolutely pathetic post - what has children whining about Xmas presents got to do with football supporters who pay hard earned cash to watch a football team, and after such games give their opinions towards that club which they are fully entitled to do?

Well I enjoyed your post Nutty. An inventive way of making your point. Lost on many I fear.

Tangentially it was worth it just for highlighting that someone thought it a good idea to call their kid Finnick./quote

What''s really scary Sussex, is that one day those girls will become somebody''s wife....

[quote user="ron obvious"]When, in the history of NCFC, have we found it easy to attract top players?[/quote]It helps if you actually bid for them...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ron obvious"]When, in the history of NCFC, have we found it easy to attract top players?[/quote]It helps if you actually bid for them...[/quote]

Here we go again. How do you know we didn''t. We now know that we got Harry Kane because an agreed deal for Fraser Campbell fell through at the last minute. You can''t judge effort on outcome. It seems that last night we were after a deal which would have brought someone in and let Wes go. It didn''t happen.

Maybe we bid for players and were unsuccessful ; maybe we didn''t. I don''t know and neither do you.

But don''t let lack of facts get in the way of a chance to knock the club.

Knock the club?? Explain how Palace somehow managed to wrap up 4 or 5 quality deals on deadline day, also Fulham and Cardiff.

Real reason we never got anyone, we didnt really try, and no i have no inside info but if we really really wanted to get a midfielder in yesterday we would have got one, Hughton has no plan B and doesnt possess a pair of bollock$ either, carry on burying your head in the sand.

Unless Howson makes a miracle recovery we are stuffed in midfield, Fer out of form, Tettey still not match fit and Johnson who struggles to pass to someone in the same colour shirt !!!!!

Your premise is wrong. Those teams made one or two quality signings and even that is debatable. Otherwise they''ve signed players who would be no better than what we''ve got

For example, most posters on here did not want Ledley or Dann. Fabio? Really?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]quote user="Sussexyellow"‘Tis the season for whining and complaining, apparently. These kids are a bit disappointed with their Christmas gifts… [via the meta]

Tangentially it was worth it just for highlighting that someone thought it a good idea to call their kid Finnick./quote

What''s really scary Sussex, is that one day those girls will become somebody''s wife....[/quote]

Actually Rock I am going to have to put my hands up on this one. Something started whirring away in the back of my brain. Now it would be easy to say I am only vaguely aware of the Hunger Games. But that would not be honest, I have read the trilogy and of course Finnick Odair is one of the characters albeit not a leading one. It has all come flooding back now. A couple of learning points for me there!

Think we need to face the fact that that little thread Nutty posted may not be all that it seems. Still very funny though.

Are the people that are mad we didn''t sign anyone yesterday mad because we didn''t sign anyone or tht everyone else signed a load of dross?

The word "bodies" is coming up an awful lot.

Are you not truly mad because you watched sky sports news yesterday and the pretty colours and manic jim white convinced you we should have been buying rejects? In a sort of national "key jangling" distraction for the, frankly, dim whittled and easily lead.

Some people are just sky sports news'' bi£ch, aren''t they?