Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Every January is the same.......

A desperate need since Howson was injured to bolster the midfield in a central area, but we have waited 31 days and nothing, yet teams around us have got bodies in for the relegation battle.

And please don`t throw in reply the two dead weights we have brought in, kept Hoolahan to further unrest the squad, well i hope you Hughton apologists are really happy now because come May sadly we will be in the bottom three.

Angry is an understatement, grrrrrrrrrr

You don''t think that the squad that is currently 12th is good enough to finish 17th then?

That''s fair enough.

Which of those teams below us do you think will finish above us in May?

[quote user="NWC"]we are effectively relegated this evening :(

[/quote]Had a look at the table and can''t see us in the bottom three.

In answer to Warren - I can honestly see everyone finishing above us in may. Unless we beat Cardiff tomorrow, or there is a dramatic turn of team performance, we are dead men walking.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="NWC"]we are effectively relegated this evening :(

[/quote]Had a look at the table and can''t see us in the bottom three.[/quote]wait till May - we''ll be there.

[/quote]We got relegated in my opinion the second that 89th min winner went in against Hull.

[/quote]

I''m not sure anyone can say that with any conviction, it will be a hard run in, but then it always was going to be.

I think most teams aroubd us have signed some potentially good players but they have to find their feet and hopefully it will be too late to make up the 5 points we have on them.

Tomorrow will be a good bench mark to see how the new signings bed in at Cardiff.

One thing for sure their fans will be that bit happier with the January transfers than ours.

Cmon Ricardo, i respect yr opinions and always read your match reports, are you really happy with our January dealings? Honest answer?

Don''t rate any of Cardiff or Palace''s signings to be honest. Zaha maybe the only one I''d have been happy with. Fulham getting Holtby though is the one which angers me. If Fulham were interested in signing him, why weren''t we when it''s obvious he''s the sort of player we need?

[quote user="YellowBlood"]Don''t rate any of Cardiff or Palace''s signings to be honest. Zaha maybe the only one I''d have been happy with. Fulham getting Holtby though is the one which angers me. If Fulham were interested in signing him, why weren''t we when it''s obvious he''s the sort of player we need?[/quote]

You are assuming that we weren''t in for him and that he would have come here. What is your evidence for this?

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="NWC"]we are effectively relegated this evening :([/quote]We got relegated in my opinion the second that 89th min winner went in against Hull. [/quote]Haha! Beating West Ham and now Hull will get us relegated. [:D]I hope we win tomorrow even if it does put us in the bottom three.......

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I think Fulham will escape the bottom three and we will get sucked in[/quote]

But 5 others need to come past us too..?

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Well if we weren`t in for him id like to know why.....[/quote]

But you''re the one who said that we weren''t in for Holtby. What is your evidence?

Doesn''t look like we made an offer. Obviously I can''t tell for certain but to me it''s looked pretty clear we haven''t been all out for a creative midfielder this window. You can tell by the lack of paper talk/serious rumours etc. We might have tried to get him who knows but I doubt it

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Well if we weren`t in for him id like to know why.....[/quote]

But you''re the one who said that we weren''t in for Holtby. What is your evidence?[/quote]

Sorry confused you with Yellowblood

Like NWC, I think every single team will probably finish above us. I don''t say this because of the lack of activity in the window but because the football is getting worse and worse and we are starting to look like a club divided. The first half of the game against Newcastle was the worst tripe we''ve seen since the days of Colchester at home - and should have led to the same result. But in my opinion the window made no difference because we haven''t done the one thing that might just save us. Sack Hughton. As long as he is there it doesn''t matter which new players we get, he will manage to drag them down to his level within three games.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]Doesn''t look like we made an offer. Obviously I can''t tell for certain but to me it''s looked pretty clear we haven''t been all out for a creative midfielder this window. You can tell by the lack of paper talk/serious rumours etc. We might have tried to get him who knows but I doubt it[/quote]

So McNally rings his agent and asks whether Holtby would consider a move to Norwich. Agent says no. It ends there. No paper talk no rumours. It''s impossible to say either way on what we know.

When, in the history of NCFC, have we found it easy to attract top players?

Lovely as Norwich is, its attractions are limited so far as the average professional footballer is concerned, yet every transfer window people are amazed that we don''t sign the players they want.

I''m afraid I suspect said players simply don''t find us a particularly attractive proposition - no matter who the manager might be.

YellowBlood wrote the following post at 2014-02-01 2:48 AM:

Don''t rate any of Cardiff or Palace''s signings to be honest. Zaha maybe the only one I''d have been happy with. Fulham getting Holtby though is the one which angers me. If Fulham were interested in signing him, why weren''t we when it''s obvious he''s the sort of player we need?

Probably better to have left this statement until after we have played both these sides again. You may just want to change your mind then!

Haven''t we already played Palace twice?

As for Holtby, surely that was a no brained, move a couple of hours away for a relegation battle or just change to a club in a relegation battle but don''t need to move house?

Sometimes I dispair at posters on here.

Did we get what we wanted?

Probably not, and the lack of activity may reflect current feelings of confidence in Hughton and the willingness to invest.

Who knows, ever way, if you actually support the club why not get on invite that, instead of moaning all the time. This club is going to become poisonous not because of the way we play but because of the poor fans who don''t get there way.

pablofarmer, well said......Sure Holtby would have been a cool signing, but I really dont think it was ever that realistic....in addition to location, Fulham are also a club with more means than us right now and have a history of attracting players on larger salaries than we would probably be alble to afford, Holtby certainly wouldnt be cheap and is probably out of our price range right now anyway.

‘Tis the season for whining and complaining, apparently. These kids are a bit disappointed with their Christmas gifts… [via the meta]

Sorry, but what an absolutely pathetic post - what has children whining about Xmas presents got to do with football supporters who pay hard earned cash to watch a football team, and after such games give their opinions towards that club which they are fully entitled to do?

City 2nd wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 7:40 AM:

"Sorry, but what an absolutely pathetic post - what has children whining about Xmas presents got to do with football supporters who pay hard earned cash to watch a football team, and after such games give their opinions towards that club which they are fully entitled to do? "

Football Clubs provide a service to fans, if it is not good enough the fans don''t have to turn up. Parents are usually stuck with their kids, however much they complain. I think the comparison between kids not getting what they want for Xmas and fans not getting want they want in the transfer window is spot on except of course that an Ipad sale was never turned down because the gadget did not like the area.