Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Keeping Hoolahan

Well if they''ve gone to this much trouble to keep Hoolahan, for goodness sake play him.For goodness sake play him to provide some creativity now

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I hope he rots away, the shithouse. Completely compromised the integrity of our club.[/quote]Thanks Jim, so you''re a fan of his then. And if he comes on and scores or threads the pass that gives us the goal to win a crucial game, will you still feel the same.And they say fans aren''t fickle. Whatever happens to what he''s done for the club. If you were in his shoes and weren''t being played, would you want to stay. No, be real, you wouldn''t!

hughton wont play him hoolahan doesn''t want to be here no point waste of time keeping him

and if the club cannot see this we are in bigger trouble than I thought !

The club are his employer. You can''t go around spitting the dummy in the real world because you don''t like what your line manager does.

He could have knuckled down and tried to make it impossible to leave him out, he could have ignored his agent and followed up his good performance against Man United with others, or, he could allow his head to be turned by a rival, chuck a hissy fit, make it impossible to select him and then slag the club when he doesn''t get his own way?

Yet people defend him.

Go into work Monday and re-enact Wesgate and let me know how you get on...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

hughton wont play him hoolahan doesn''t want to be here no point waste of time keeping him

and if the club cannot see this we are in bigger trouble than I thought !

[/quote]

That''s odd because I was convinced I''d seen Wes playing this season. Quite recently in fact. Obviously, I must be wrong if Hughton won''t play him.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]The club are his employer. You can''t go around spitting the dummy in the real world because you don''t like what your line manager does.

He could have knuckled down and tried to make it impossible to leave him out, he could have ignored his agent and followed up his good performance against Man United with others, or, he could allow his head to be turned by a rival, chuck a hissy fit, make it impossible to select him and then slag the club when he doesn''t get his own way?

Yet people defend him.

Go into work Monday and re-enact Wesgate and let me know how you get on...[/quote]And as his employer its their obligational duty to investigate the outburst, the reasons that led to this, and both sifdes "make reasonable adjustments" for the good of all.No right employer will just let someone rot, unless they''re complete idiots. After all they still pay Wes'' wages and want to get a return. So it''s in their interests to a) either get the best out of Wes on the pitch or b) ensure his value is sustained to get the most if they choose to sell him

Hoolahan has some serious making up to do

He has forced his way back into the managers thinking more than once in his Norwich career, I''m sure he can do it again

I''ve been a big fan of Wes, but as I''ve said on another thread, he''s not the first player to have a transfer request turned down. But he''s the first I can think off who''s then called the club a Shithouse.

That shows contempt for us, the fans, as well as the Club. i''ll support him if he plays again, but he''s got some bridges to build...

And because he hasn''t managed to get a move away, only he''ll know what a pr*t he''s been, how his colleagues/players will feel about him and treat him behind closed doors, and whether he''s big enough to bounce back

He certainly does have a lot of making up to do if he wants to play for us ever again: he should start working on his PR ASAP.

IMO if/when things blow over we should continue touse him as we did before, ie when we want/need him.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I hope he rots away, the shithouse. Completely compromised the integrity of our club.[/quote]

We all make mistakes, you''re being too harsh on him. We probably wouldn''t be in the EPL without him. One mistake doesn''t undo all the good he''s done.

When has Rooney ever called man utd a f**king s***hole?

Ferguson and Moyes would''ve had his b0110cks off

What Hughton and McNally has done to Hoolahan is totally disgraceful. Why keep a player who is not happy at the club? Hoolahan is obviously frustrated at how Hughton sets his teams up and knows he doesn''t fit the bill anymore. I personally don''t blame him for having a go at the club! He''s 31 and needs to be playing. I''m not a fan of Hoolahan anymore as i don''t think he scores enough in the position everyone keeps harping on about him playing but I can totally understand his frustrations!

Shame on you Hughton and McNally! You should of done the decent thing and let him go!

Its another thread that really shows just how views can differ, but I really dont get just what  Hughton and McNally have done to Hoolahan that is disgraceful?  The bad behaviour, for want of a better word, appears to me to have come from Villa, Lambert and Hoolahan himself and probably encouraged by his agent. I am also convinced that, had an acceptable offer come in other than from Villa, that the club would have accepted it had Hoolahan agreed his terms, BUT.....and it is a big but, that didnt happen, which indicates to me, that other clubs simply were not prepared to pay what our club valued him at, so they cant have wanted him that badly.................my guess is, probably because they see him more of a squad player who can only start certain games, and in the EPL that is certainly not every match in my humble opinion. That doesnt mean to say that he wouldnt and isnt a good addition to any squad at this level (by that "level", I mean bottom half of the EPL) though, far from it. Sure he will be frustrated by the situation, but he can get over it, he is still drawing his full salary right now despite slagging off his employer....I think I will try that tomorrow morning and see if I still have a job the next day........

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Its another thread that really shows just how views can differ, but I really dont get just what  Hughton and McNally have done to Hoolahan that is disgraceful?  The bad behaviour, for want of a better word, appears to me to have come from Villa, Lambert and Hoolahan himself and probably encouraged by his agent. I am also convinced that, had an acceptable offer come in other than from Villa, that the club would have accepted it had Hoolahan agreed his terms, BUT.....and it is a big but, that didnt happen, which indicates to me, that other clubs simply were not prepared to pay what our club valued him at, so they cant have wanted him that badly.................my guess is, probably because they see him more of a squad player who can only start certain games, and in the EPL that is certainly not every match in my humble opinion. That doesnt mean to say that he wouldnt and isnt a good addition to any squad at this level (by that "level", I mean bottom half of the EPL) though, far from it. Sure he will be frustrated by the situation, but he can get over it, he is still drawing his full salary right now despite slagging off his employer....I think I will try that tomorrow morning and see if I still have a job the next day........[/quote]

It''s disgraceful to keep a player who wants to leave, who is 31 years old and needs to be playing, who clearly will be no more than a bit part player if that, which would most definitely be his last big move/contract!

Hoolahan has been excellent for NCFC, the least decent thing Hughton and McNally could have done for him was grant him his leave.

Not hold on to him out of pure spite!