Sign in to follow this  
Chief

We have awful fans.

Okay here me out, us Norwich fans are pretty diabolical at the moment. Here''s how:

Flat atmosphere pretty much every game.

Fighting and verbally assaulting (at games and keyboard warriors) one another really obscenely.

No matter what the team does, whether we win with a good performance or lose with a poor one - we moan about the most petty of things.

And the Barclay and Snake pit seem to go on holiday for cup games.

Why have these situations occurred? Because of a lack of goals and nice looking football. We all know we have played well below expectation levels this season.

The situation is only getting worse so here''s my solution, keep Hughton, keep Calderwood and Trollope et al. Bring in another coach or two who knows how to attack! McNally said when Lambert left that he wanted him to expand his coaching team, so why hasn''t McNally made Hughton expand his? We could promote Adams - he probably deserves the opportunity - or we should look to bring someone in. Thus we would actually have someone who knows how to score, teaching others how to score. Because at the moment I imagine our attacking sessions are like being in English with a calculator.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys, we are all responsible enough to realise our duties.

"The situation is only getting worse so here''s my solution, keep Hughton,

keep Calderwood and Trollope et al. Bring in another coach or two who

knows how to attack!"

oh dearoh dearie metoo much running the blue skys flagpole box jargon speech .................................... methinks

Cheers for the proof boys! Even too afraid to admit it to themselves that we as fans have been abysmal. And while we do deserve better, so do others...

utter nonsense! we have, i believe, the highest percentage of season ticket holders per percentage of ground capacity in the league. We have a huge loyal fan base who travel thousands of miles every season and pay a lot of hard earned money.

Every fan has their right to express their opinion as much as they want. Good, bad, positive, negative. You don''t have to agree with everyone we are all individual and unique thats the beauty of life .

We have the best fans if you think any different shame on you

I agree with you that our fans have been not very supportive and that they should be doing better. We''re currently sitting in 12th position close to the relegation zone points wise, but there''s 8/9 other teams in the relegation battle, yet Hughton out of all the clubs and all of the clubs fans is taking the most stick, even though we''re in a better position compared to the majority of our rivals.

I think todays match against Cardiff will be a real test for Hughton, lets hope the players start the year off with some fight, and a bit more passion shown on the field like Snodgrass. Now is the time that Van wolfswinkle should step up and prove himself in the final third of the pitch, along with a few of our players.If they don''t I hope it doesn''t set the standard for our second half of the season.

"now is the time that Van wolfswinkle should step up and prove himself in

the final third of the pitch, along with a few of our players."

they are playing to Hughton''s tactics - don''t blame themif you can watch the game tomorrow you will see all too clearly what is wrongthe commentator usually points it outcomments in the national media have said the sameand now even the local media are daring to say itaddress the cause, not the effects

Our fans are an embarrassment at the moment. They sit silently expecting to be entertained and then start heckling the players as soon as a pass goes astray. This has a negative effect on the players and it''s a downward spiral from there. Why not use that energy to support the team instead of heckling them?

And you can''t blame Hughton because even Lambert criticised the fans. He said if you''re going to moan after one defeat, don''t bother turning up. Some of our pathetic "fans" should take their hero''s advice.

Yeah serve up some real shite for 19 games we love it nobody should say a word of concern, relegation, who cares? we''ll just bounce straight out of the hardest leauge in the world. 7 years later.......

I am not sure I agree with the subject title, but there are most certainly a sizeable minority who ensure they contribute negatively to the atmosphere on match days, and it is in danger of going the way we have seen it go before, and that is contributing towards impacting on the team and costing us valuable points...........many will disagree I''m sure, but its true as we have history on this. But, for me the overwhelming number of fans are decent, and like me will have a moan, but without it getting nasty or out of hand. 

Where do those criticising volume levels sit?

Awful fans? I think not.

2,000+ away from home most weeks to watch us try and nick a point and invariably fail, sell outs and capped season ticket sales at home despite being fed drivel for the past year.

Not to mention attendances in League One.

Yes things aren''t great at the moment, but I bet they''d be a lot worse at other clubs if they''d been served up what we have for the last year.

Frustrations boiled over on Tuesday with players and supporters, but it''s only because both parties know that we''re capable of so much more.

Completely agree with the previous message.

I have not commented on here in a long while, but regularly check and look at the chat that is going on. This is just plain wrong because of the following reasons:

We have dedicated fans that fill the stadium every week (that includes all of league one too), which not many clubs fans would do.

Our away support is incredible. We always takeup the allocated tickets where ever it is.

Finally, they are still turning out every week in, week out paying an absolute fortune to watch Hughton put out a team that is playing for a draw and hardly ever tests the keeper (let alone score).

I was speaking with a colleague that is a super member and when he gets the chance to go he is spending around £100 for the day including travel etc. A lot to pay for an awful 0-0 that we don''t even try to win.

When Nige and his pals criticise me and a few others for ''running down the fans and the club'' he''d be well advised to look at the drivel spouted by the OP in this thread . Then he''d see what  TRUE running down of fans looks like, and get real.Sold out home games, and away ticket allocations, loud support despite some terrible recent displays, and no public calling for the managers head. Yes...really awful isn''t it ?

We have probably the best and most vocal traveling fans in this league and you''ve just gone and insulted them all.

Original poster needs to get a grip, country over there are fans complaining about something on their message boards, there are times for most clubs where they find it harder than normal to get behind the team vocally. I''d be more concerned if the fans didn''t care or had an opinion on what is currently going on. Indifference would be much worse.

The Away fans are fantastic you can''t say enough about them and the home fans turn up in numbers year after year so their loyalty can''t be questioned,however the home support is truely awful and is not helping the team at all,i''m sure that if the fans took a leaf out of Palace''s vocal support we could probably have another 4 or 5 points in home games,but as it is the match is either played out in a library or worse.

[quote user="yoda"]The Away fans are fantastic you can''t say enough about them and the home fans turn up in numbers year after year so their loyalty can''t be questioned,however the home support is truely awful and is not helping the team at all,i''m sure that if the fans took a leaf out of Palace''s vocal support we could probably have another 4 or 5 points in home games,but as it is the match is either played out in a library or worse.[/quote]

Where do you sit Yoda?

quote user="lambiniNCFCtillidie"Completely agree with the previous message.

I have not commented on here in a long while, but regularly check and look at the chat that is going on. This is just plain wrong because of the following reasons:

We have dedicated fans that fill the stadium every week (that includes all of league one too), which not many clubs fans would do.

Our away support is incredible. We always takeup the allocated tickets where ever it is.

Finally, they are still turning out every week in, week out paying

an absolute fortune to watch Hughton put out a team that is playing for a draw and hardly ever tests the keeper (let alone score).

I was speaking with a colleague that is a super member and when he gets the chance to go he is spending around £100 for the day including travel etc. A lot to pay for an awful 0-0 that we don''t even try to win./quote

To be honest there''s not that much to do in Norfolk on a Saturday afternoon, is there?

It''s either Carrow Road or tramping round a soggy Garden Centre.

Moaning at begonias doesn''t work.

I would agree to an extent OP, we seem to have picked up this ridiculous sense of entitlement ever since we''ve joined the Premier League, wherein nothing seems to be good enough.

Aside from that, we really don''t have the best and most vocal fans. I''m not saying we have the worst, far from it, but there''s no way we''re the best if you take off the rose tinted specs.

Lets face it.   The novelty has worn off.  We are where we want to be, we are roughly where we should be in terms of position in the league.  We''ve spent a lot of money for us buying some decent players. But there is less to look forward to.  We can''t think we''re trying for a promotion - we can''t seemingly look forward to a cup run as we  don''t put out a strong enough team - and that was true under Lambert as well. 

All we have is the hope that in our currently successful position, we see a bit more entertainment - and we''re not getting that at the moment.  So it is difficult for the fans.   But it is also true that we are capable of entertaining football with the kind of players we have.   I''ve said that I think Hughton will stay on if we  stay up this season - and I still think it - but he knows as much as the rest of us that we are not creating enough or entertaining enough.    The op suggests getting an attacking coach in,but that may help, it may not.  We are in the scenario where we can''t compete with the top teams well enough to be able to get a consistent level of confidence going.  In this league you can have a good result or two and then get thrashed - knocking back confidence again.   So consistency is difficult.  

The strength in our set up is in recognising this and dealing with it and showing enough strength of will and togetherness that we keep picking up results. While it isn''t pretty, it is working just about well enough to keep us out of trouble. Things seemed better under Lambert,  but he has struggled to get Vile fans on his side too.  In fact there isn''t one club in the bottom ten that can look at their club and think they are playing good football.    Palace and Sunderland may be reviving and Cardiff may improve too, but not greatly imo. 

So, welcome to life in the premiership.  We are at the moment being successful, we pick up points regularly and as long as we do we will continue to be successful.  How do we change and become more attacking?  I don''t know, but I think at the moment we have to accept what we have and let it develop as much as it can.   The truth is we are where we should be.   The football will improve gradually as we strengthen the squad imo whether we keep this manager or not - but the honest answer is that there is no easy solution and we as fans have to learn to accept the reality of the situation.   Such is life in the premiership. 

If Snodgreaa can show his passion, why can''t the fans? It''s sheer frustration how things are at the moment. We signed RvW for £8.5m and I think we all expected him to bang in the goals. It hasn''t happened. Hooper has scored a few, but he''s not scored for a while.

None of us (I believe) feel confident going into a game. Probably none of us feel confident while sitting in our seats at Carrow Road during the game.

I''m not 100% Hugnton out, but with little activity in the transfer window and he''s still here, I can''t see how things are going to change. We will limp along for the rest of the season.

It''s very frustrating when you think Fulham, Cardiff and Palace have strengthened their squads big time. I guess we just have to hope they don''t gel well,

[quote user="lake district canary"].  We are at the moment being successful,

[/quote]Depends on what your definition of "success" is, I suppose, Lakey. You have, time and time again shown that you are very easily satisfied. Nothing inherently wrong with that. It''s obviously a matter for you. You are content to see us limping along, playing dull football,collecting the odd point and even narrow win from time to time, maybe (or maybe not) doing just enough to stay up.But, you''ll forgive us if many more of us have slightly higher aspirations. Of course it''s never going to be easy in tthis league. Only the most deluded believe we can challenge the top 7 or 8. But, ultimately we are disappointed that Hughton is not taking this club forward. We are standing still at best, and, at the moment, there''s a definite smell of regression.

[quote user="Chief"]Okay here me out, us Norwich fans are pretty diabolical at the moment. Here''s how: Flat atmosphere pretty much every game. Fighting and verbally assaulting (at games and keyboard warriors) one another really obscenely. No matter what the team does, whether we win with a good performance or lose with a poor one - we moan about the most petty of things. And the Barclay and Snake pit seem to go on holiday for cup games. Why have these situations occurred? Because of a lack of goals and nice looking football. We all know we have played well below expectation levels this season. The situation is only getting worse so here''s my solution, keep Hughton, keep Calderwood and Trollope et al. Bring in another coach or two who knows how to attack! McNally said when Lambert left that he wanted him to expand his coaching team, so why hasn''t McNally made Hughton expand his? We could promote Adams - he probably deserves the opportunity - or we should look to bring someone in. Thus we would actually have someone who knows how to score, teaching others how to score. Because at the moment I imagine our attacking sessions are like being in English with a calculator. Wake up and smell the coffee guys, we are all responsible enough to realise our duties.[/quote]

Chief, I suggest you mention this to the Fans that travel to Cardiff today. I''m sure they will be very interested to hear your views. I assume you are going?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"].  We are at the moment being successful,

[/quote]Depends on what your definition of "success" is, I suppose, Lakey. You have, time and time again shown that you are very easily satisfied. Nothing inherently wrong with that. It''s obviously a matter for you. You are content to see us limping along, playing dull football,collecting the odd point and even narrow win from time to time, maybe (or maybe not) doing just enough to stay up. But, you''ll forgive us if many more of us have slightly higher aspirations. Of course it''s never going to be easy in tthis league. Only the most deluded believe we can challenge the top 7 or 8. But, ultimately we are disappointed that Hughton is not taking this club forward. We are standing still at best, and, at the moment, there''s a definite smell of regression.[/quote]

Time and time again you misrepresent what I say.  I have never said I am satisfied.  I am not content with the football I see. 

As for your "lofty-aspirations" then you can have them as far as I am concerned.  I am more concerned with seeing things on a realistic level and while we may get a new manager at some stage that offers something different, we have one now and he is being successful in us picking up points.  

[quote user="Hannibal II"]utter nonsense! we have, i believe, the highest percentage of season ticket holders per percentage of ground capacity in the league. We have a huge loyal fan base who travel thousands of miles every season and pay a lot of hard earned money.

Every fan has their right to express their opinion as much as they want. Good, bad, positive, negative. You don''t have to agree with everyone we are all individual and unique thats the beauty of life .

We have the best fans if you think any different shame on you[/quote]I''m not.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqq3e03EBQ

[quote user="lake district canary"]Time and time again you misrepresent what I say. 

[/quote]No misrepresentation going on at all, Lakey. TWICE in your first post you opined that we are currently "successful".All I was saying was that depends on an individual''s definition of that word.If you are not satisfied with our current football, then firstly you have a very funny way of showing it, and how does that square with the "we are successful" pronouncement.?At best it is a mixed message.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Time and time again you misrepresent what I say.  [/quote]No misrepresentation going on at all, Lakey. TWICE in your first post you opined that we are currently "successful".All I was saying was that depends on an individual''s definition of that word.If you are not satisfied with our current football, then firstly you have a very funny way of showing it, and how does that square with the "we are successful" pronouncement.?At best it is a mixed message.[/quote]

No.  All you have to do is comment on what I actually write - not what you think I write.     We are successful in terms of picking up points and staying clear of trouble - that is what I said. If you take one word out of context it can mean something else.  It is my only issue with you Reg.   You keep rewriting my posts as to mean something different to what I have said.  It doesn''t help your argument.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I am not sure I agree with the subject title, but there are most certainly a sizeable minority who ensure they contribute negatively to the atmosphere on match days, and it is in danger of going the way we have seen it go before, and that is contributing towards impacting on the team and costing us valuable points...........many will disagree I''m sure, but its true as we have history on this. But, for me the overwhelming number of fans are decent, and like me will have a moan, but without it getting nasty or out of hand. [/quote]

Sorry ?? And how is it that you know anything about matchdays ?

Go to a game ...see what its like in real life ....most of us go every week and have been for years and years ...IF people wish to express their frustrations ,,, I don''t think its too much to expect ,,,,and those very same people will sing their heart out at the same time ... its a funny thing to be a football supporter ..very emotional ..very involved ....ask Robert Snodgrass...and before you make a sarcastic reply .........READ his latest summary of the little spat with fans ..

[quote user="lake district canary"]No.  All you have to do is comment on what I actually write - not what you think I write.    [/quote]Yes, I was wrong Lakey. I miscounted. You actually referred yo out "success" THREE times, not twice !Are you denying you wrote that, so it''s not a case of me ''thinking what you wrote'' . It was not take out of context either. Plain for all to see.As I said, I''m sure there are a good number of people on here (not just me) who will disagree with you that at the moment, we are playing in a ''successful'' manner. Why am I unreasonable, therefore, in concuding that you are easily satisfied ?