Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Its hard to beleive but 10 years ago..........

Blackburn won the Premiership, Nottingham Forest were 3rd, QPR 8th, Wimbledon 9th & Sheffield Wends a respectiful 13th. We all know what happened to us. Now look at these poor teams. Just think if it wasnt for Delia & co we could quite easily have ended up like any of those teams nosediving down the leagues. I fear for Southampton,if they were to get relegated that the same could gradually happen to them.

Yes i know. Time goes so quickly dosesnt it. Things have changed, clubs have changed. I feel a bit sorry for those clubs now.

I fully agree if it wasnt for Delia and Co. we would be languishing in League 1.

Top post TwoSheds. People should remember stuff like this when they whinge because we haven''t finished in the top half of the premiership

And just to keep the balance.

Where were the following 7 current Premiership teams in 1994-95? - Bolton, Charlton, Birmingham, WBA, Middlesborough, Fulham, Portsmouth - certainly not in the Prem.

Chelsea were 11th and Arsenal were 12th.

At home City beat Blackburn Rovers (Champions) 2-1, beat Leeds (5th), Newcastle (6th), Chelsea (11th) 3-1 and drew with Arsenal (12th).

City finished 20th of 22 teams after being 7th at Xmas, with 43 pts from 42 matches (1.024 pts/match). This year when we win our last 2 matches and stay up we will have 36 pts from 38 matches (0.947 pts/match).

Comments

• GRASSROOTS MUST REPOSSESS THE GAME  AND RENEGOTIATE THE TV MONEY FOR THE SAKE OF THE FUTURE OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL!
  • Delia must seek some investors with deep pockets to widen our financial base.
  • Its not a question of whinging. It''s more a question of having high enough expectations - because without high enough expectations we will fall short of our goal of sustainable Premiership membership.

OTBC.