Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

For the first time this season

You had me at the title LDC then I read further!

I see no encouraging signs except from a few players returning from injury. If we actually manage to test the Cardiff keeper today and score then maybe just maybe......no lost me again!

[quote user="lake district canary"]For the first time this season it is difficult to pick a starting eleven.    Good options in all areas of the pitch.  Encouraging signs.

[/quote]Not really. There have been several times this season when Hughton has had a dilemma as to which XI to  pick.Far more important to my mind that we are still lacking the quality and options that Howson and EBenno would offer.When they are back and we TRULY have full squad I''ll be encouraged.

Maybe hard to pick for us fans but not for Hughton. Loves Snoddy on the right, won''t play Redmond so will play a half-fit Pilks instead, won''t play Hoolahan and seems to like Hooper and RvW together at the moment.The only surprise will be who starts at right-back or if maybe Tettey can force Johnson out of centre-mid

I agree with you LDC, it would have been great to have Howson in the mix, but with the addition of the two new loanees, then yes we do have good options and it is difficult to pick a starting eleven.........................how does it feel to be agreed with?

".......Hooper and RvW together at the moment."

It wasn''t long ago everyone was yelling at him to do this, and now he does he is wrong! Doesn''t seem he can do right whatever he does.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I agree with you LDC, it would have been great to have Howson in the mix, but with the addition of the two new loanees, then yes we do have good options and it is difficult to pick a starting eleven.........................how does it feel to be agreed with?[/quote]

[:D] [Y]

There may be more to pick from this week but it is only difficult to pick a starting level because we have very few players who are currently at the top of their form.They''re all playing below their true capabilities and look a pretty mediocre bunch at the moment.You could perm almost any 11 from the whole squad & it wouldn''t make a lot of difference.

[quote user="lake district canary"]For the first time this season it is difficult to pick a starting eleven.    Good options in all areas of the pitch.  Encouraging signs.

[/quote]

with the exception of 2 loan signings, its no different to the last few games. At least we signed that creative player we have needed all season last night though. Oh wait...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]For the first time this season it is difficult to pick a starting eleven.    Good options in all areas of the pitch.  Encouraging signs.[/quote]

with the exception of 2 loan signings, its no different to the last few games. At least we signed that creative player we have needed all season last night though. Oh wait...

[/quote]Two loan signings who can slot straight in.   Better than risking 5-10 million on a  player who comes in to a new set up and maybe can''t settle straight away.  We have one of those already.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]For the first time this season it is difficult to pick a starting eleven.    Good options in all areas of the pitch.  Encouraging signs.[/quote]

[/quote]Two loan signings who can slot straight in.   Better than risking 5-10 million on a  player who comes in to a new set up and maybe can''t settle straight away.  We have one of those already.

[/quote]

2 loanees who don''t really whet the palate!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Two loan signings who can slot straight in.   Better than risking 5-10 million on a  player who comes in to a new set up and maybe can''t settle straight away.  We have one of those already.[/quote]So how come loan signings can "slot straight in" and "settle straight way" and permanent signings can''t. Explain.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Two loan signings who can slot straight in.   Better than risking 5-10 million on a  player who comes in to a new set up and maybe can''t settle straight away.  We have one of those already.[/quote]So how come loan signings can "slot straight in" and "settle straight way" and permanent signings can''t. Explain.[/quote]Exactly. If Hughton truly had a grip on this and, injuries aside, genuinely knew what his best starting XI was, then he''d be able to bed in the loanees as and when needed, to beef up the squad. It would not be a ''difficult'' decision at all.That said, I''ll be astounded if Yobo starts at Cardiff.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]Two loan signings who can slot straight in.   Better than risking 5-10 million on a  player who comes in to a new set up and maybe can''t settle straight away.  We have one of those already.[/quote]So how come loan signings can "slot straight in" and "settle straight way" and permanent signings can''t. Explain.[/quote]

Both very experienced players and won''t be phased or feel they have anything to prove.    Dion Dublin type figures who will enhance what we already have.  A younger more expensive signing is more of a gamble imo and would probably need time to settle or fit in.  We need players who can just slot in and do a good job at this stage of the season  and imo that is what we have got.

There are options, they aren''t necessarily all good due to injuries or lack of match fitness and dare I add form?

While having Pilks and Tettey back is great they have not wildly changed the options imo also not sure how adding one 33 year old CB has done that either.

Its been difficult to pick a team for a long time because of the options, is this really the first time? While CM has been a conundrum with Tettey and Howson injured there were other options and different formations.

14 months since an away equaliser in the league , our problems run much deeper than 1 or 2 injuries , our problem is Hughton .