Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Todays team

Now the window is closed and we can all winge about not signing this that and the other surely it''s time to get behind the team. Stop banging on about the management cos I think we can all see that they have been told to sort things out with what we have got. If they don''t then they are gone.Hoolahan should apologise and get on with helping the club that has been good to him. Bardsley has done it at Sunderland and he is now playing his best football for years.Clean slate and a Premier league place to conserve.

My team today

Ruddy

Martin,Bennett,Bassong,Ollsen

Tettey Johnson

Fer

Redmond Hooper Pilkington

Subs

RVW,Hoolahan,Snodgrass,Bunn,Gutiarrez,Becchio,Garrido

The Team id Choose

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Ollsen

Redmond,Tettey, Fer, Pilkington

RVW

Hooper

subs, Elmander, Snodgrass, Gutiarrez, Garrido, Bunn, Becchio, Whitaker

the one we all know hughton will do

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Ollson

Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Pilkington/Gutiarrez

RVW/Elmander, Hooper

RVW/Elmander

Snodgrass has had some awful games this season but I genuinely think he''s our best wide man. We have to stick with him and he will come good!

Redmond runs and runs but his final ball isn''t up to it, ideal to bring on later in game. If pilks is fit he starts

I agree but if he has been awful all season, he should be dropped for a few games give Redmond a go with his pace, and hopefully that will wake snodgrass up and he will come good again

Surely if available Yobo will at least be on the bench, and I think Gutierrez will start over Pilkington who didnt look quite up to speed in the last match, and Guitierrez actually made a promising start and hasnt come in to sit on the bench. For me, right now Redmond is better as an impact player, and I 100% agree that Snodgrass has to start despite his patchy form he is getting better and remains a threat.

Good to see positive comments on this thread about the team and none about the management. Let''s keep it that way eh ? I would have put Snoddy in my team and in hindsight probably agree Redmond is better use as an impact player. I can see Snoddy and Guti starting with Redmond and Pilks giving us fresh legs later on.

Gk. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Bassong

CB. Bennett

RB. Martin

DM. Tettey

CM. Johnson

CM. Fer

AMR. Snoddy

AML. Pilks

ST. Hooper

Subs, Bunn, Yobo, Whittaker, Jonas, Redmond, Elmander, RVW

If I was CH, I think my selection would be,

Ruddy

Martin

Bassong

Bennett

Olsson

Snodgrass

Tettey

Fer

Jonas

Hooper

RvW

If CH was me, his selection would be,

Ruddy

Martin

Bassong

Bennett

Olsson

Redmond

Tettey

Fer

Jonas

Becchio

Hooper

[quote user="canarycop"]Good to see positive comments on this thread about the team and none about the management. Let''s keep it that way eh ? I would have put Snoddy in my team and in hindsight probably agree Redmond is better use as an impact player. I can see Snoddy and Guti starting with Redmond and Pilks giving us fresh legs later on.[/quote]

Would like to see tettey start as he gives our defence good cover which will give our attacking players more freedom, but we will need to make sure we boss the midfield from kick off, because i would think Cardiff will try and come out all guns blazing!

Hazza and Dubai Mark,

I think you may find Yobo isn''t actually in situ yet, arriving this weekend.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bass Ollson

Tettey

Snodgrass. Fer. Jonas

Hooper Elmander

Tettey will offer the work rate and better delivery of the ball

Snodgrass will be out to prove that he is better than tues evening

Fer hopefully will be able to get back to his earlier form

Jonas will offer that experience we need in the team

Elmander, I for one rate him, his work rate closing down is all really good, I agree we need to start seeing some goals from him.

Please lets get behind the team

If we''re going to stick with our slower, ''chocolate-sided'' wingers I think the formation above would work of:                RuddyCafu-Bennett-Bassong-Olsson          Tettey-Johnson    Snoddy-Fer-Gutierreuz                HooperWhat it lacks in pace it makes up in solidity and the ball can be zipped down the centre.

Vaughan''s Stiff Upper Lip wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 9:53 AM:Snodgrass has had some awful games this season but I genuinely think

he''s our best wide man. We have to stick with him and he will come good!Redmond runs and runs but his final ball isn''t up to it, ideal to bring on later in game. If pilks is fit he starts

Pray tell me, what do you expect from a wide man?

One that can put the opposition under pressure by getting in dangerous crosses behind their defence?

One that can keep the momentum of a counter attack going?

One who can be an outlet for fast attacks with ball played into space out wide?

One who can ''skin'' a full back, get to the line and put in a good supply to forwards?

One that can play wide and create space for the players around him to exploit?

or

One who will continue to slow the game down?

One that will continually checks, comes inside and deliver a ''cross'' to the heart of the opposition''s defence with the ''wrong'' foot?

One that has little pace so that balls cannot be played for him to run on to?

One that falls over a lot?

One that works hard in his own half but in fact gets in few tackles?

A defensive wide man or an attacking wide man?

I much prefer the former options and cannot see how anybody can describe Snodgrass as our best wide man.

He may do a good job 20 yards either side of the half way line but games are won and lost 20 yards away from goal lines.

Yobo almost certainly will not be considered - Im not sure we have "permission" yet. Whether Tettey if fit to start is a more difficult question. Will he come on later. The competition is between him and Johnson, and it''s really no competition if bother are completely fit.

The question is over the formation. Do we still play 4-4-2, when we can be overrun so easily in the midfield and Fer can''t get forward. I personally feel that we shall play 4-1-3-1, because Hughton can''t afford to lose. Josh Murphy probably will not play after playing against Arsenal U21, but Jacob could be on the bench. I can''t see him picking Wes, after everything, nor Fox.

I can''t see experimentation

The Team:

Ruddy

Martin,Bassong, Bennett, Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass, Fer, Gutierrez

Hooper

On the bench, and ready to come, at least Redmond, Elmander, Johnson, Pilks, depending on whether we need to hold what we have, or whether we are chasing the game (- more likely, I fear).

4141 for me

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Fer Pilkington Jonas

Hooper

Solid, pace, ability to keep the ball and pass to each other. Dont expect to see it but would be my pick in Howsons absence.

For all BJs commendable effort its simply not enough - our premiership Andy Hughes - gotta love him but

Salopian,

FYI, you''ve got the twins the wrong way round. Jacob played last night.

I just miss those days when it Norwich smashed a team 4-0 and you could look forward to match of the day :(

[quote user="Vaughans Stiff Upper Lip"]Redmond runs and runs but his final ball isn''t up to it[/quote]Is that why he has higher short, long and crossing pass success rates than Snoddy does?He also tackles and intercepts more, fouls less, gets dribbled past less and gives the ball away far less as well, not to mention that he actually has pace and genuinely scares opposing full backs.But hey, let''s decide that this isn''t vaguely relevant, purely because of a few stray shots on goal...

Will be interesting to see if Hughton continues with RVW and Hooper. I think I''d change it and go : -

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey Fer Johnson

Snodgrass Hooper Jonas

433/451

Still have great options from the bench.

Cant see Yobo starting but jonas will.

No team starting BJ and Tettey will do enough to win games both are disciplined enough to be a true defensive platform to allow a 4231 to work; it should work but I dont think they have the required disclipline.

Interesting at the preference of snodgrass over redmond, with the criticism that the latter has no end product. Redderz has three times the number of assists and same goals; who lacks the end product? Cant see snoddy not starting though.

My 4231 would be

Ruddy

Martiin Bennett Bassong Olsson

BJ Tettey

Redmond Fer Jonas

Hooper

My 4141 (my expected starting formation)

Ruddy

Tettey

Redmond Fer Pilks Jonas

Hooper

I expect

Ruddy

Tettey

Snodgrass Fer BJ Jonas

Hooper

I don''t see Tettey/Johnson as negative. I see Johnson as the only viable alternative to Howson which allows Fer to be more of what they now call a number 10.

I''d go with that Nutty, I don''t want to see us play 442 again personally, our lack of ability to get the ball and play football against Newcastle was embarrassing.

Points regarding snodgrass.

I did say that snodgrass has been poor this season, but his previous 2 seasons he has been class and our best player IMO. contributing with both goals and assists.

He''s bang out of form but he''s a different type of player than Redmond. I get really frustrated when I see him take on 3/4 players, beat them all and head down smashes a cross into the first defender. Redmond over time will be a brilliant player but I just think currently he''s best served as a sub for impact.

Think he will stubbornly stick with 4-4-2 wolf and Hooper up top with Pilkington'' Tettey, fer and Snoddy in midfield.

I wouldn''t mind so much if he stuck with 442 as long as he didn''t play it with inverted wingers.With wingers who would create something from wide positions instead of coming inside and stifling our own space we might stand a chance with it.RvW and Hooper have had very little created for them and almost nothing from wide positions. Give them a little bit of service and I am sure they will provide the goals but the way the manager seems to want to play with a narrow attacking 442 I don''t think we will have much of a chance and therefore I also would like to see a change of formation (and manager!).