Sign in to follow this  
Morph

If we go down who do you want down with us?

If it does happen and City can''t hold on to their Premiership status, who do you want to go down with us?

Southampton haven''t looked good enough to stay up even if they did beat us on Saturday.

West Brom, for me anyway, were the side quickest to tighten up and bring some solidity to their side. But they haven''t faired much better even under new management and clearly their run-in spells doom.

Palace haven''t exactly been electrifying but again organised themselves at the back with more rapidity than ourselves. Unfortunately I can see them doing enough in the last two to pull themselves out of the mire.

City have seemingly turned themselves around in the last four but has it all been too little too late?

For me, it has to be the other two promoted teams, but.....

I hope that, whatever happens, Crystal Palace go down for the simple fact that they have cheated so many teams out of points this season. And also we never ever beat them at Selhurst Park

Southampton - Because they''ve been hanging on for years despite always being rubbish.

And ideally Man Utd! But as that won''t happen, Palace because of cheating Johnson.

Cameron Diaz......oops!re-read the title of this thread,: it says WITH not ON!!

i want palarse to go down for as many of you have said,that they are cheats.

but ideally for us if we go down i think that it will be a good thing for southampton to go down as they have lots of players on high wages so they will have to have a massive sell off and if that happens i dont see them as being as much of a threat to us for automatic promotion

Palace for same reasons as above and Scumthampton who have hovered too often at the bottom and still escaped, whose fans believe they have some divine right to be in the Prem and who didn''t deserve to beat us last Saturday and its about time another "established" side went down to keep interest alive.

Palace and West Brom for the simple fact that I believe it would have the biggest financial impact on them and they would be least likely to bounce straight back.

Palace will all ready lose Routledge and Johnson will defo go. That will leave a huge gap and I can''t see Simon Jordon supplying huge funds to rebuild.

Saints have been top flight for many years so many players will want to move on and they will have to trim the wage bill. Also psychologically going to Hull, QPR and Luton when you are used to Newcastle, Chelsea and Villa will big. Also fizzy football is a very different style than premiership.

West Brom I think would be best placed to bounce back, thus be our biggest competition of the three.

I think it would make us look better if we went down with the other two clubs who came up with us.  I wouldn''t mind Southampton going down though.  Financially, I think they''d be screwed

answer two questions:

1. who will suffer the most by going down -- and be forced to sell their players
2. who do we not want to face next year

i think i would want southampton and palace to go down. southampton will have to sell a chunk of players and without them, they are pretty crap. kevin phillips and even crouchy may go. it doesn''t leave them with a whole lot. and palace will lose johnson if they go down. without him, they are crap.

but my FIRST choice is southampton, palace and west brom.........

Definetely Palace and West Brom. I think if we go down they deserve to too.

We have played the nicest football out of any of us.

Why are we talking about Norwich going down. We arent going to go down.

If we get relegated (only a few tense days left now before we find out) I definitely want to see soton down with us - they will have to change their budget meaning player losses, limited ability to bring in replacements and a manager who already questions whether he will be there as a champs manager.  With the amusingly humourous Lowe in charge and his habit of changing managers quicker than socks that should be one less team to think about.

Of the baggies and palace I would favour palace.   West Brom are grafters and that works in the champs.  They are solid at the back, have a large enough squad to cope with 46 games and have no need to offload players just to balance the books.  They would be promotion propsects/competitors despite their continuing dull style of football.

Palace would be better relegation bedfellows for me - they would have trouble keeping hold of their only good players; Routeledge already seems to be out of the door & one trick (or is that one trip??) Johnson will be very difficult to keep hold off.  Dowie is a one trick manager, like John Beck, before him, who has no variety in play who may do well but will struggle to score without Johnson.

Anyway its all academic because we will scrape a passionate but nervy win tomorrow as the baggies lose at OT and the saints and eagles share a point...  setting up a very very tense week

OTBC